.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Of Castles and Fairy Tales...

***********
I am soooooooooo sorry that I lead you all to believe we were actually going to A castle! That was certainly not my intention! I meant to let you know we were going to a place WITH a castle -- and that Luz had spotted it! The place that we were going is actually called The Enchanted Forest... or rather it used to be! Now it is called the Elioak Farm & Petting Zoo featuring the Enchanted Forest! And it is a wOnderful place!!! I honestly was not sure if this was going to be something that we would spend 20 minutes at and be ready to go, or if it was someplace we might spend an hour or so playing. Well, it turned out we spent about 4-5 hours playing! It was awesome! However, the "castle" really isn't for playing in -- it's a little store and the entrance to the farm. This didn't bother Luz a bit! She came dressed in her Sleeping Beauty gown and Georgie came dressed in his ... Transformer costume... LOL! He was all ready to be her Prince Charming!

Our first stop was at the home of The 3 Bears. You can see there is a great BIG section for Papa Bear... A medium size section for Mama Bear... and a weeeeee little section for Baby Bear.... You can not actually go inside most of these little buildings... but you CAN peek in through the windows and the doors!
The princess & her prince were gettin' kinda cozy here!
And what did they see inside?

Why, Goldilocks - sitting in Baby Bears bed!!!
(it doesn't look jussssst right to me!)
LOL!

Mind you... there was soooooooooooooooo much stuff at this place, that 2 four year olds almost found it impossible to actually stop and PLAY in any one spot! I was having a terrible time trying to get pictures of them because they just would NOT hold still for even a minute! Imagine that! Run, run, run, run, run! Kids are so amazing! So next they RAN to the wishing well, where Jack & Jill went up the hill...

And Princess Luz had to try to fetch a pail of water!
Fortunately no crowns were broken during this incident!

They then ZIPPED past Hey Diddle Diddle where everything's
blurry cuz the dish ran away with the spoon!

Luz is very anxious about starting kindergarten in August...
but the ol' school Marm wouldn't let her in!

I'm not even sure of the Merry Miller story... so all I can tell
ya is the kids found it fascinating - for 3 seconds!

THIS however, I do believe was Georgie's favorite thing of
the day! Little Toot! He loved this little boat! I do believe
he would have played there ALL day if we would let him!

We did drag them away though to go eat our picnic lunch...
... and after lunch...

The Princess got to ride a pony without Nana
(or even Mama) going around with her!

And then Prince Charming came riding in on his trusty steed!


Next up was a hay wagon ride. This was really fun! Oh? Does it look nearly empty to you? I should mention that the day was rather cloudy - we had the entire park practically to ourselves! We only saw about 5 or 6 other families the whole day! And it never rained. It was sooooo perfect!

This is Danielle - Georgie's Mom - and his baby sister Lily!
She enjoyed the hayride too! As a matter of fact, little Lily
enjoyed the whole day! She is very happy!

Now, if you notice the tree to the right - it has a face on it.
That would be because the hayride goes through the ENCHANTED
Forest, of course! The children are told to keep an eye out for
the faces -- there are 20 of them they should find!
They LOVED this!

After they hayride we headed over to the petting zoo.

Luz just loved these little pigs! One was named
Wilbur... and the other Charlotte! I'm not sure
what happened to the spider!

Luz feeding a goat.

When they say "Petting Zoo" Georgie takes it very seriously!
He was gonna pet that cow one way or another!

And the horse too! He was afraid of NOTHING!
(including getting lost... LOL!)
(no... he didn't get lost ... but he ran SO far ahead... he could have!)

Mother Goose & the Easter Bunny's house were over
in the petting farm...

As were the 3 Little Pigs homes!
(well where else would they be???)

And in one of the picnic areas was this milking cow
to practice on! Are they intently trying to figure this
out, or what?


Our next stop was the Pine Forest Maze... This was pretty cool. You can buy these coloring book/maps when you buy your entrance ticket (only $4.50/per by the way) and you don't HAVE to have them, but it does help just to know if you've seen everything or not! Anyway - they have actually planted this forrest just for the maze - and then have hidden things back in it. There was the Hickory Dickory clock... and Little Boy Blue... about 15 or 20 things I guess... and as you traveled the maze you should find them all!

Well, Mom & Danielle both found the Swan to be
a good place to rest!

Hansel & Gretal found the Gingerbread Cottage!
( I hope they can find their way back home!)

And they managed to find the WOLF in grandma's nightgown
at Red Riding Hood's place!

Oh they had a goooood time in that maze!
It really was fun!

As we got ready to leave, it was one more stop at the
Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe. Her place is a slide!

We then stopped for an ice cream, and headed home!
WHAT A DAY!!!
I am sO glad I found this place!!!


Now, I know I've been neglecting you all the last few days... I've just been sO busy with family! But I'm home today and coming around to get caught up on what YOU've been up to!
See ya in a little while! (when I wake up! I'm exhausted!)


Labels:

13 comment(s):

Wow what fun you must have had, I just catched up on your blog. I was busy with shopping for our trip to Italy, there were some few things missing for the flat we rented there. I also had a lot of fun on saturday with little Jinda's school festival ! Each class had prepared a dance on a fairy tale theme and Jinda was snowhite. There also was Little Red Riding Hood, Sindbad, the mermaid etc. it was soooo cute ! but after that she jumped around like a little flea and I behind she got a make up as a butterfly and had french fries. When I brought her home I just was exhausted, lol ! On top of that she had 1000 questions the whole day.

By Blogger Ingrid, at 6/17/2009 1:47 AM  

Made too many typos. What a great fairy tale experience. The princess and the prince having a great outing with their fairy tale Nana. YOu are awesome Meli. To have so much fun with those two kids...how excellent. Will you be my Nana too? Who cares about the castle...there was enough magic in this day to make even the castle that was there come alive :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/17/2009 4:11 AM  

I wanna go, I wanna go! Where exactly is it. I'd like to take my great-nephew. It looks amazing.

By Blogger Nessa, at 6/17/2009 6:23 AM  

What a fascinating place, not only for the little ones :)
Loved your shots, Melli!

By Blogger MaR, at 6/17/2009 9:08 AM  

Oh I am so glad Luz wore her Princess outfit! It's perfect. She looks adorable (as always)and as though she was lost in Princess land!
Isn't it great to be able to go to a place we remember from childhood and find out it is really wonderful!
You are such an awesome Nana!

By Blogger Maribeth, at 6/17/2009 12:10 PM  

That looks like SOOOOOO much fun! I wish there was something like that around here! Of course, my kids are too big now.....I think they're still love it, but we'd need to take a little kid along as an excuse. :-)

By Anonymous Barbara H., at 6/17/2009 12:34 PM  

That was SO neat! I would love to take my Great grand kids to this!! I would love it and so would they! In fact so would the whole family!!! What a great place! hugs Grams

By Blogger Talk..to..Grams, at 6/17/2009 12:54 PM  

Wow, what a great place. No picture of Nana with the princess. Your Willie's pictures are up. My Canadians should be back to their home today. Miss you.

By Blogger Lazy Daisy, at 6/17/2009 2:51 PM  

What an absolutely wonderful day! And who needs a castle when you have all of fairyland? I wish I could have come along.

By Anonymous quilly, at 6/17/2009 3:09 PM  

Wonderful pictures. They brought back memories of all the places we took our kids to when they were little. It is so much fun to watch kids having fun.
Glad you found your castle.

By Blogger Dr.John, at 6/17/2009 7:50 PM  

Wow... Melli, I would love to visit this fun place!! It looks like a great and amazing place for kids to visit and play..

My second eye surgery for cataracts today went well.. it is great to see without glasses..now I have to put up with bags under my eyes..look like a Georgia Bulldog!!!

Thanks for taking us along with Luz to this fairyland place..
Love ya, Baba

By Blogger Baba, at 6/17/2009 8:59 PM  

Melli that looks like such a fun place! You and Luz do some really neat stuff!

It's nice to see Mom out and enjoying things too. Wonderful news about your friend making it to Church.

It took me a while to get caught up on my reading here. Seems I'm getting behind too, what with entertaining 2 teen grand daughters.

By Anonymous Tootie, at 6/17/2009 9:32 PM  

That looks like so much fun! I wish that were closer to us so I could take my daughter. :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/21/2009 2:49 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home