Ruby Tuesday... and stuff...
Well, c'mon... the FLOWERS are pretty! (actually I like the fly's shiny back too! Big it!)**************************
Oy! Soooo yesterday I had this almost sorta wonderful day planned! This is how a lot of my days go. There was this place that I always wanted to go to as a child... only my mother would never take me -- said it was too far away. (well, that was her reason) So, when Amanda was small, I looked for it only to find out that it had closed down. The land had been purchased by a developer and it was just ... gone. Well, the other day I was reading this Maryland magazine, and something was mentioned about something that sounded very similar... and so I got online and started investigating and found out that it's "sorta" back. Ohhhhhh I got sO excited! I immediately started plotting and planning to take Luz and Amanda there! I wanted to take them BOTH because if it is indeed baaaaaaaack, then Amanda would want to be there to see Luz enjoy it. BUT... I didn't want to TELL Amanda (or Luz) about it because I'm not sure "how back" it really is! It seems a farm in the same area has been able to obtain a lot of the pieces from this place, and has restored them and is trying to put it back together again - maybe just a little different. But since I was never actually THERE as a child I wouldn't know the difference anyway... now would I??? LOL! But anyway... I wanted to keep it a secret and I didn't want to make a BIG deal about it because I just didn't know what we were getting into. I really would have LIKED to just sort of take them out for a drive and STUMBLE across it... but you can't DO that with Amanda! So... I just told her I wanted to take her to a place that I HOPED would be a lot of fun, but that honestly I just wasn't suuuuure... and she went for it! Soooooo yesterday was the day, Mom & I got our acts together and got out by 10:00 - picked Amanda & Luz up by 11:00 and headed up there. It's about 45 minutes from their house, so we stopped and had lunch cuz we wanted everyone to be NOT hungry so we could play for a long time if we desired to. We finally arrived at the place around 1:30 only to find out that it is CLOSED on MONDAYS!!! Oyyyyyyyy VEY! I'm sure it probably SAID that on their website ... somewhere! I'm also sure I didn't SEE it! Soooo... we had passed a park - a county park - about 1/4 mile back, and we decided to just turn around and go there. Well... in the turning around process Luz spotted The Castle! "NANA!!! There's a CASTLE!!! It's a FAIRY PRINCESS CASTLE!!!" Oh boy. I was busted! Yes Lucy Loo ... it is! "Is THAT where we were going Nana???" Yes Luz... it was... "Ohhhhhh I WANNA go there Nana!!!" Sooo... Amanda says well, we can go on Thursday or Friday... I have appointments Wednesday and Luz has a play date tomorrow. Well! A PLAY date! Perfect! I suggested and Amanda arranged for the play date to come WITH us and we will go there tomorrow! Luz will have 10x as much fun with a friend along and won't have to wait an "eternity"! So stay tuned for Tomorrow's post which will CERTAINLY be about the place with the princess castle! In the meantime, I will tell you that it may have been a God thing for us to end up at Centennial Park yesterday. We had a ball! They have an AWESOME playground. And miles and miles and miles of trails. And we rented a pedal boat and did some water exploration! So the day was not a loss at all! In fact it was a GREAT day --- and today will be ANOTHER great day, both spent with two of my favorite girls in the whole wide world!
Look at the FACE on this!
Climbing is her one weak spot...
she'll get there eventually - but
it's really not her favorite activity.
Mom in the pedal boat...
Look at the FACE on this!Climbing is her one weak spot...
she'll get there eventually - but
it's really not her favorite activity.
Mom in the pedal boat...We heard 17 different stories about how her mother's brothers/her younger brothers/her uncles/her mother's uncles/... pushed/tossed/threw/... her/her aunt/her sister/and her/... in the water one time and she stood there and told/yelled/hollered at them to come get her out or if she told Mama they were really gonna get it! But they were gonna get it anyway cuz she was gonna beat the crap out of 'em when she got out!!! And YES, we DID ask her several times - just to clarify - if she was really STANDING there in the water - and she said yes! And we DID ask her why she didn't just walk out!? And she said cuz she was TOO scared of the water! ROFL! But... each time she told the story, it only happened ONCE and it NEVER happened again! Except the time they took her to a church revival to be baptized... but that's a whole 'nuther set of stories! *whew*
OH! Annnnnnnnnnd my friend John was BACK at Bible Study last night with us!!! He is doing SO great! I'll tell ya -- he's not going to need that walker much longer! He is doing GREAT!!! GOD is sooooooooooo GOOD!!!
Oh... by the way... I just meant to tell you guys that I LOOOOOVED all your ideas for what I SHOULD have done with those pictures yesterday! Wish I'd thought to do ANY one of them! LOL!
OH! Annnnnnnnnnd my friend John was BACK at Bible Study last night with us!!! He is doing SO great! I'll tell ya -- he's not going to need that walker much longer! He is doing GREAT!!! GOD is sooooooooooo GOOD!!!
Oh... by the way... I just meant to tell you guys that I LOOOOOVED all your ideas for what I SHOULD have done with those pictures yesterday! Wish I'd thought to do ANY one of them! LOL!
Labels: Grandbaby, Mom, Ruby Tuesday









15 comment(s):
Will you be my Nana too? I wanna go play in the castle...LOL. Great post Melli. How fun and how sweet of you to want to take the play date. You must have got the 1/2 nice side of you and Quilly.
By
Anonymous, at
6/16/2009 4:30 AM
I want to go play in the castle, too. And Thom can come. We'll need somebody to feed to the dragon.
By
quilly, at
6/16/2009 5:02 AM
Your picture is great. The fly and the flower have all of the same colors.
I can't wait to find out about the castle. I want to go too and I'm not that far away.
By
Nessa, at
6/16/2009 6:10 AM
I can't wait to hear all about it. Perhaps Luz can wear her Princess hats!
By
Maribeth, at
6/16/2009 9:06 AM
Is that a red flox? Simply gorgeous. It sounds like you really had a fun time! I remember loving to hang and play at a playground... when I was in college... but it was just a school playground near the campus... not this nice!
By
srp, at
6/16/2009 9:11 AM
Hopefully you are having another fun day today..I envy you for just taking off like that..Must be fun to do that.
I am at work and it is quiet now. Been a good day so far!!
Sandy
By
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at
6/16/2009 11:36 AM
Your flower looks like the dianthus we planted last fall. I love it! Even if it sort of goes away in the summer heat. One little six pack of them have grown like crazy and fill half the flower bed now.
Sounds like such a fun day for the castle and friends along, too.
I don't think I was on the computer much yesterday. While hubby was over at his parents dealing with some drama I thought it would be so nice of me to move some ferns to the back flower bed, and give him a break. While digging the hole my glasses fell off....I was sweating like everything....I thought I'll pick them up in just a minute and then I forgot them....until I actually had to look at something. Then I couldn't find them. I was nearly in tears by the time he came home. He found them right away, cuz he had his glasses on his face where they belonged.
Enjoy your day!
By
Amber Star, at
6/16/2009 11:46 AM
Lovely Ruby - terrific catch with the fly!
Looks and sounds like a good time was had by all despite the change in plans.
So good to hear about your friend John. :)
By
Carletta, at
6/16/2009 12:56 PM
Gorgeous Ruby Tuesday post, Melli! Luz is such a sweet, adorable girl! :)
By
maryt/theteach, at
6/16/2009 4:33 PM
I think the fly is pretty too
Luz is adorable
By
Dianne, at
6/16/2009 4:52 PM
You know the old saying " The best laid plans of mice and men often go astray." That was your day. But the astray looked from the pictures like it turned out pretty good and you got to hear those wonderful stories.
Glad John is doing so well.
By
Dr.John, at
6/16/2009 7:10 PM
What a pretty flower!
I am really looking forward to hearing about and seeing the castle! I have always wanted to visit one!
Sounds like a great day all around! Love Luz's look of determination!
By
Barbara H., at
6/16/2009 9:03 PM
May you have another great day.
By
bettygram, at
6/17/2009 1:01 AM
Didn't I tell you that anticipation makes everything better. Sounds like a near perfect day to me.
By
Lazy Daisy, at
6/17/2009 2:56 PM
I love the beautiful red flowers.
By
Karen ~Georgia Angel, at
6/18/2009 7:26 PM
Post a comment
<< Home