RenFaire with Luz
Luz and I got to spend a very special day together yesterday at the Renaissance Festival! By the time I got out of church and picked her up, we only had about 5 hours to spend there... which was NO WHERE near enough! Honestly they should set up hotels and let you spend a week there! (too bad it only operates on weekends!) But there was soooooo much that we DIDN'T get to see... and I promised we WOULD go back next year! Below is a little slide show of some of the entertainment we got to see. (not all by any means - but I think these were Luz's favorites!)
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |
Then there was the things to do! One of them was this game - Battle Axes - where men and women could give a try to throwing an axe and landing it in the heart of the matter!

I asked Luz if she'd like to give it a try...
I took that as a NO!Here are some things we DID try though....
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |
Overall, we had a wonderful fabulous magnificent AWESOME day! Neither one of us wanted to leave... but she had to get home and to bed for school today! (sometimes I still hate school!) LOL! NEXT year she will ride an elephant, and we WILL see the jousting tournament! (or part of it anyway...) Those were the two things she gave up due to "other things!"

Ohhhhhhhhh good grief! After posting I just found out that the slide shows open in a new window and you see them full size. New window? Not so good... Full view - that's kinda nice! Someday I'm going to find the slide show solution that really works for me... *sigh* (sorry.)











13 comment(s):
Wow ! what a wonderful day you had, Luz looks so cute with her flower hat ! I think the slideshow is very good, because it's big, so don't worry.
By
Ingrid, at
10/05/2009 11:44 AM
That looks like SO much fun!!! I hope they have one near here some day. Love Luz's wreath! So pretty!
By
Barbara H., at
10/05/2009 11:57 AM
Why would a new window be not so good? It looks great, as you probably know, I love HUGE pictures lol!!! I LOVE Luz's outfit with the gray dress and the red shoes, so cute!! ( would have made a lovely ruby Tuesday too! You had fun, and I am so happy for you!!
By
Jientje, at
10/05/2009 12:18 PM
I like new windows and big.
Ren Faires are so much fun. Luz looks beautiful in her garland.
By
Nessa, at
10/05/2009 12:20 PM
Boy you had such a good time. And Luz looks so cute. I love the caption for her second one LOL. Melli have you ever tried Slide? It's the best. You can go HERE to check it out. :)
By
Anonymous, at
10/05/2009 12:53 PM
My server is slow today (so what's new??) so I am not watching the slides but Luz and her hat is a precious sight!!
By
MaR, at
10/05/2009 1:18 PM
Your slide shows worked just fine. :)
I saw a saw-player (oh, my) on Friday, but I didn't have the camera ready in time. Better luck next time?
And ELEPHANTS?!? Oooh, Ella is sorry she missed that! (We need to fit in a hike on the A.T., and then I'll make a date with you for lunch.)
By
Anonymous, at
10/05/2009 1:20 PM
Luz is getting so big! What a beauty!
By
PJ, at
10/05/2009 3:35 PM
I cannot believe how grown up Luz is getting! She is so pretty in the flower hat. We have renisance fairs here, too, but they are only here for like a month and move on.
That was a nice fun afternoon with your grandaughter. :)
By
Amber Star, at
10/05/2009 5:21 PM
I loved the slide shows new window and all.
Glad you and Luz had a great time.
By
Dr.John, at
10/05/2009 7:35 PM
Hey Babe, what fun! Luz is really growing up so fast. I can see you in the middle of a joust. I can see you in a cone hat with scarf. Missed you but I think I'm back into blogging. Check out our Sunday. I'm behind but I've missed the outlet of blogging, Miss you!
By
Lazy Daisy, at
10/05/2009 8:00 PM
It looks like you both had a great time!!! I love Luz's dress and red boots! She is so adorable and the glasses look so precious on her.
Like Daisy....I have been remiss in blogging but I have a new post today!
Hope your day is blessed.
By
Jane, at
10/06/2009 8:21 AM
Great slides! Loved 'em. Theres a ren faire here in my town too! I really liked the Beggars Mud Show. Is there such a thing at yours?
By
tilden talks..., at
10/06/2009 4:41 PM
Post a comment
<< Home