.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Random Dozen

Hosted by:
Lidna at 2nd Cup of Coffee

1. Please share one memory of your high school graduation. Pics would be great!
The best memory of High School graduation was that I had plane tickets in hand and would be moving to Minnesota the next day!

2. What is one "emergency use" item you keep in your vehicle at all times?
I have nothing. I'm sure I should have a white rag at least... OH! I have a jack! For changing the tire! I'm not sure I could FIND it... and I'd have to empty my trunk first... Oh dear...

3. In your region, do you celebrate graduation open houses? Addendum: (If so,) how many open houses/bridal showers/weddings are on your upcoming events calendar?
Not a single one!

4. Tell me one truth you believe about motherhood.
It is the greatest gift God ever gave to women.

5. What was the last thing you broke?
My toenail. Ouch!

6. On average, how many pieces of junk mail do you receive daily?
I have no idea anymore. Hubby usually checks the mail and I just get what's mine! No junk for me!

7. Do you like to shop by catalog?
I like to look through them, but unless they have a website, I'm not going to do the whole mail-order thing. Now... on-line shopping -- that's a whole 'nuther story! I can safely say I do MOST of my shopping on-line these days! And honestly - referring back to Question #6 - I don't GET any catalogs anymore... except Oriental Traders... My favorite VBS tool!

8. Is lawn maintenance at your house a "his job," a "her job" or "his/her job" or "that's why we have teenagers" job?
Lawn maintenance is his job! Planting it is MY job. Planting anything is MY job... which I'm sure is why it all dies... I'm a GREAT planter! I'm not such a great maintainer...

9. Which room would you like to redecorate in your home?
Well, not the kitchen - it's perfect! And the living room is okay... I would like new FURNITURE for it... but, yea, the whole "the dog must die" thing... I'm not ready for that! Sooooo... oh! Derek's old room! I NEED to get on that! He moved out 7 months ago and I haven't touched it yet!

10. Do you read a newspaper regularly, or do you read most of your news on line?
On line. Which reminds me... I really need to cancel the weekDAY paper...

11. Do you believe everything happens for a reason?
Yep! God has a plan and everything is a part of it.

12. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
Definitely doing the right things! But I like to do the right things RIGHT! Right?


13 comment(s):

#2 - -drat! I wish I had said, "My cell phone" so I can call emergency road service!

#7 -- Skin-So-Soft is on sale now! ;) And did you know you can shop Oriental Traders online? Yep. Yep.

#9 -- We are going to the mainland (Wednesday) living room furniture shopping.

#12 -- yes.

By Blogger Charlene Amsden, at 5/12/2010 1:55 AM  

We have to have a first aid box in our cars. When you buy a car it's already in the car together with a fire extinguisher. If ever you are stopped by the police and you don't have these two items you get a fine !

By Blogger Ingrid, at 5/12/2010 3:55 AM  

As for #2 I keep a Snow Shovel in the Trunk year round. It isn't because we get snow year round but I am too lazy to take it out of the trunk.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/12/2010 11:18 AM  

#5 about your broken toenail made me wince!

Good for you for thinking about the jack. Never crossed my mind because it's hidden under the floor, along with the spare!

By Blogger Mocha with Linda, at 5/12/2010 3:41 PM  

After commenting here, I went to Barbara H's - and there was another broken toenail! ROFL! Your comment was right above mine, but I was already going to say something about the commonality. Now my toenails hurt!

By Blogger Mocha with Linda, at 5/12/2010 3:46 PM  

I love that planting is your job . . . I'm pretty good at that part too. As in planting myself in front of the computer to blog. Ha ha

I'm with you on #11!

And I love the photos of the colt. I hope Luz is getting to see him!

By Blogger SouthLakesMom, at 5/12/2010 3:49 PM  

#2 - well, being a First Aider and an instructor, I carry two first aid kits (my regular one and one tiny emergency one that came with the car)!
Add in blankets (being a re-enactor) and a toolset and I am ready for just about anything :-)

Melli - how can I feel so much love for someone so far away I have never met? As always, you are so strong and supportive and loving - thank you.

cq

By Blogger craziequeen, at 5/12/2010 4:01 PM  

You know right after I wrote my answer for #5 I broke a nail! While driving! Now how the heck did I do that?

By Blogger Maribeth, at 5/12/2010 4:33 PM  

Oh! so much to think about.I'm so tired I will have to think about all of this.

By Blogger Rose, at 5/12/2010 4:38 PM  

Wow, I forgot I broke one of my acrylic nails ... I could have used that to answer #5!

I see we have similar answers on #8, #11, and #12. Great minds think alike!

By Blogger Jerralea, at 5/12/2010 4:45 PM  

Don't you feel like in a crime story as a suspected person with all these hearings ?

I had to take over lawn maintenance, because Mr.G. has arthirtis and has no force in his hands anymore. So I give him other jobs, like cleaning cupboards etc.

By Blogger Ingrid, at 5/13/2010 2:52 AM  

I had to come back and look and see if my comment from yesterday posted four times or not at all -- and it looks like not at all! I tried about four times. The first couple of times the Open ID thing just said there was an error -- the next couple of times, a window came up about an error with Blogger.

And I can't remember what I said...

Some of our answers were similar. I bought a roadside emergency kit for my husband fore his birthday in March, but he hasn't put it in his car yet. :-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/13/2010 9:54 AM  

Oh -- you asked about the book The Telling. It is new -- just came out a few weeks ago.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/13/2010 9:55 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home