.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Left, do da Left, do da Left, Right, Left...

I got this in the mail the other day. My buddy, my pal, Lazy Daisy recommended her friend Leslie to me ... and so I wanted to meet her! Now, we all know, I've been doing Curves for 2.5 months, and I've been pedaling my bike -- for almost 6 months now! And I'm always lookin' for something else to mix it up! So, into my livingroom steps Leslie - with her 4 mile walk. She works up to a low impact jog. The 4 miles takes 45 minutes and is then followed by 15 minutes of floor exercises for overall body toning. GREAT program! After 6 months of STEADY exercising I can only make it HALF way through this! And then the next day my legs were tight as ... tight! Absolutely amazes me - because at Curves I jog in place the whole time I'm on the recovery boards... so how can THAT be LESS strenuous than WALKING in place? Hm? Well... needless to say this has me not only perplexed, but likewise determined. I am going to get through this whole workout! One of these days! LOL!

OH! By the way -- I am up to 20 minutes hula hooping now! And I have started doing it directly after my circuit workout instead of after my stretches. This way it keeps my cardio going for an extra 20 minutes too! YAY!

Okay... going to play with Leslie now! Seeeeeeya!

10 comment(s):

Hey!
I found you through the Photo Scavenger Hunt and just realized you're also trying to lose weight!

I've been trying since June 02 after being told by my fertility specialist that I have PCOS and if I want to have a child I have to lose weight.

I'm down 17 lbs since June 2nd, trying to take it slow and steay so it stays off.

I have to lose pretty much exactly the same as you do (from / to the same weight)

Maybe we can be weight loss buddies? :)

I live in the Netherlands, I wish more than anything that there was a Curves in my city!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/12/2006 3:19 PM  

Good for you Melli...Hope you and Leslie get along well together. It hurts me to walk..I know that sounds silly but maybe walking in place would not hurt as much. Let me know if you like this DVD and I might try it too. I think that we "need" to do different things and I am not doing that. I am at a stand still once again. Hmm!! I always hate those times BUT I do not GIVE up!! have a great weekend. Sandy

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 8/12/2006 3:25 PM  

Isn't it surprising how Leslie can kick your butt in your own living room? Kind of like getting sand kicked in your face one your beach! Ha! Leslile is always ready to walk though and always excited about it. You do know that there is a 5 mile walk too?

By Blogger Lazy Daisy, at 8/12/2006 8:31 PM  

I *LOVE* leslie sansone!! I'm so excited about her 5 mile walk that is suppose to be coming out. Serious-- all her videos are WONDERFUL. :) Wait-- Daisy said it's already out- YIKES! I've missed it, so will hav eto go to her site... ;)

By Blogger Melzie, at 8/13/2006 12:10 AM  

I have a pilates fat burning walking video that I really love! I am going into curves tomorrow to get some information as I am thinking of joining up. I think it would be fun now that I have my mornings to myself

By Blogger Twisted Cinderella, at 8/13/2006 10:36 AM  

Melli -- I was waiting for a maintenance person the other day and couldn't get to the gym, so I got out an ancient Richard Simmons video my niece left here eons ago. I couldn't even make it through the warm up!

You are my inspiration. Keep going!
____
The Liars Contest poll is up. Coem vote!

By Blogger Charlene Amsden, at 8/14/2006 1:58 AM  

Hi again Hon!
I was thinking that walking on cement on a sidewalk is harder than walking on a treadmill or softer ground. Could that be the reason?
I walk with poles. (like ski poles. They do that in Norway in summer to train for the ski season in winter) I've read that you walk faster, have better balance and get a better workout. Do you do that over there?
Have fun with Leslie!

By Blogger LibertyBelle, at 8/14/2006 3:31 AM  

Me again!
The name of the walking sport with poles is called Nordic walking.
It really is much better than normal walking because you have support and burn off a whole lot more without being tight and sore.
You can read more about it here:
http://www.walkingpoles.com/nordic/

By Blogger LibertyBelle, at 8/14/2006 3:39 AM  

Remember Taebo? I got so into that when it was all the rage. I stuck with Sweatin with the Oldies the longest because I loved the music.

Keep mixing it up. As long as you are having fun, that's all that matters.

By Blogger Penrick, at 8/16/2006 9:36 AM  

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it upskirt pic canadian effexor xr rx porsche cayane

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/06/2007 3:48 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home