.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Sunday, October 01, 2006

It's Academic.... and it's Scary!!!



Congratulations to Krysti's Academic Team! They did NOT win, but they did a great job and had lots of fun and so did those of us in the audience! This is such a great experience for these kids! It was very cool to see the taping of the show and get a look at how things really work! Krysti had gone last year too, but I had not - and so it was really very interesting to me! After the show, the whole gang of us went to the Macaroni Grill for lunch - there were about 20 or so of us -- parents and students -- oh and not to forget the WISE and MIGHTY Mr. Currier who trains the Academic team! It was so cute - the students introduce their hierarchy on the air -- and that was how Caitlyn introduced him! Wise and Mighty! LOL! So it was a really fun time for all of us!

UNfortunately the day ended on a little bit of a "down" note for us. When we got home Krysti had a horseback riding lesson. Well, something spooked her horse, and he took off flying! She thought he was going to jump the fence, but at the last minute he made a sharp turn and threw her off! Now, she's BEEN thrown before -- but this time she landed ON her head and cracked her helmet in 3 places, and came home with a SCREAMING headache. She walked in the house and said "Imagine the worst headache you've EVER had, times 200!"... and then proceded to tell me about what happend. I could NOT believe the instructor had not called me, and then let her DRIVE home! When she first fell it knocked the wind out of her, her right arm was numb, she was disoriented... they had her lay there for awhile and catch her breath and all, and then had her get back up on the horse and walk him around -- but her head hurt too much and she just wanted to come home. So she DROVE home!!! I took her straight to the Emergency Room to have her checked out. They put a neck brace on her and took CT scans of her head and neck. See her smiling? She is SUCH a good sport! (she HATED that brace though! Boy was she happy to get out of that thing!) We were there for about 3.5 hours. (not bad for a Saturday night! LOL!) She IS okay... and as the doctor said - VERY LUCKY!!! She's going to be INCREDIBLY sore tomorrow though... poor thing.

22 comment(s):

That is horrendous! I'm sooo sorry she went through this...You have had quite a night! I hope she feels a whole lot better tomorrow...You know riding scares the hell out of me...and it always has...does it worry you? Thank God your daughter is okay...!

I'm going to email you about your comment on my blog, my dear...I don't want to take up a lot of space in your comments, but I think what you said is important and it might help to read a bit more about it...So, I will E-you!(lol)

By Blogger OldLady Of The Hills, at 10/01/2006 3:43 AM  

Well, I just realized I don't have your email..OOL
Here is mine...If you could email me so I have your address, then I can write you..
myrtillo1984 at yahoo dot com

Thanks so much.

By Blogger OldLady Of The Hills, at 10/01/2006 3:53 AM  

Gracious. I am so glad that Krysti is okay. That is crazy for her instructor to just "let" her drive home like that. He should have known better than that. Today she is really going to be sore like you said. I am so glad that you had a good first of the day though. Today is our youngest granddaughter's birthday...she thinks she has arrived...she is 8 now!! tee hee!!

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 10/01/2006 8:57 AM  

C C has those competitions between schools televised on the local school channel. They're fun to watch.

Hope Krysti isn't in too much pain today. Wow...the helmet cracked in three places!!!---imagine what it'd be like if she WEREN'T wearing .....well, I'll stop here!

Take care Krysti!!! Get well soon.

(Oh, and p.s.---you take the camera with you to the emergency room too?)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/01/2006 9:00 AM  

Oh ya.....well, duh. The blond came through once again ---camera phones. I forgot that feature. *g*

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/01/2006 9:29 AM  

Oh, I agree.
She should not have been allowed to drive home.
I hope she is feeling better today.

By Blogger PJ, at 10/01/2006 10:29 AM  

OMG! My heart jumped up into my throat when i saw that picture. That is soooo scary. God, I am near tears just reading about it. I can't believe that they let her drive home. The mommy in me is horribly upset at that.

By Blogger Twisted Cinderella, at 10/01/2006 10:31 AM  

God is certainly with her! I know that headache well due to a snow mobiling accident when I was about her age. It was to the point of nausea.

Thankfully also, my head was hard and left unharmed. The headaches were mostly from the whiplash/muscle strains in my neck and upper back from my great big clunk.

Funny, that was 18 years ago. Mom has nicknamed me "Clunk Brain" or "Clunk Head" ever since.

My wishes that she feels better soon!

By Blogger Margaret, at 10/01/2006 10:54 AM  

Wendy directed me here today :)

OMG! I am sorry to hear about Krysti! Her angels are definitely looking after her. Praying for her speedy recovery!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/01/2006 11:20 AM  

Oh Wow, what a scary experience. I can't believe that they let her drive home and didn't call you. Praise the Lord that she wasn't permanetly injured or paralyzed. God certainly protected her....I can't even begin to imagine.

By Blogger Lazy Daisy, at 10/01/2006 12:07 PM  

OH MY GOSH! I can NOT believe they didn't call you- and let her drive home. What kind of friggin' idiots are they?! I hope you call and tell them. Thank HEAVENS she is okay- but still- how in the world would they have known that-- you would think that they would have called an ambulance- just to make sure, and not moved her... Wow.

On other news- I always loved Academic Decath-- we had such a GREAT time!!! Every first Saturday for the school we were off somewhere being smart. LOL! :)

By Blogger Melzie, at 10/01/2006 1:04 PM  

OMG, I would be so very upset with the instructor, that's just not right. I'm glad she's okay, she looks like a very good sport.
Wendy directed me here today.

By Blogger Valerie, at 10/01/2006 1:34 PM  

The poor girl! Good thing nothing is broken.

I expect you will be speaking to the instructor.

It was lovely to see you at the Palace.

cq

By Blogger craziequeen, at 10/01/2006 3:31 PM  

Oh, my God....what a contrasting day. I am glad that she is okay.

It is great that you provide so many wonderful opportunities for your daughter. From what I have read, I would say she is going to grow up & do wonderful things.
:-)

I visited from Wendy's blog. :-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/01/2006 4:46 PM  

OMG! That sounded so bad so I'm glad that it seems to have turned out quite lucky! I've been through that one myself. I could hardly get up from bed the day after, the muscles in the neck hurted so I couldn't lift my head from the bed! And I had a joint damage in one of the arms, but was lucky too :-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/01/2006 6:57 PM  

OMG! that must have been a horrible experience for her. I'm glad that she's okay and wish her a speedy recovery. God bless her.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/01/2006 9:06 PM  

OMG! What a terrible way to spend a Saturday. I am glad that Krysti is okay, but am disturbed that the instructor allowed her to drive home after such a spill. I mean for pete's sake, her helmet cracked in 3 places. OUCH! I hope she wasn't too sore today.

By Blogger Trista @ Trista Ree Creates, at 10/01/2006 9:42 PM  

Oh my! I'm glad it's over.

By Blogger Unknown, at 10/01/2006 10:00 PM  

Awwww!! Poor Krysti! What a scare too! Thank goodness she's going to be ok. Big ol' hugs to her!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/01/2006 11:41 PM  

Wow, so glad that she wasn't seriously injured!

By Blogger PastormacsAnn, at 10/02/2006 2:12 AM  

Thank God she is okay!! Whew.. I saw her laying there and got really worried until I read through the rest. Hopefully she got some good headache medicine. :(

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/02/2006 10:26 PM  

So sorry to hear about your daughter's accident. I had a similar experience many many years ago and haven't been on a horse since.

Hope she's feeling better day by day. These things happen, but I'm glad it all turned out right!

Cheers,
Carol

By Blogger Unknown, at 10/03/2006 9:54 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home