Seven Deadly Sins... The Meme...
I found this meme over at Heart of Rachel a few days ago... I thought it might turn on some lights for me! Seemed like a good one to do anyway...So here we go... MY take on how sinful I am with regard to the 7 Big Ones!
1. Lust - Well... this one is not a problem. At least not if we're talking about lusting for "other" men! And usually when I think of myself as having lust, it is a lust for life! (which i think is a good thing!) But I do occasionally lust for "things" ... a cute expensive handbag... or an extra pair of shoes that I really do NOT need... or a slice of creamy double fudge hot fudge walnut cheesecake. Or an ocean front view! (but maybe those things are covered by envy... or greed... i dunno...)
2. Gluttony - Well, of course, gluttony is the sin that got me to where I was a year ago - and is the one so hard to overcome to get back down to my "healthy" me! I'm not really choosy about what I indulge in -- though it's far less likely to be snacky foods than it is to be way TOO MUCH of the "good" foods! If I had my way I could eat 3 or 4 Arby's roast beef sandwiches! Or two of my favorite Hamburger Hamlet Turkey with avocado and mushroom and cheese on sourdough sandwich! (thus far I have never had the nerve to order a 2nd one - but it doesn't mean I wouldn't LIKE to!) And I must say I would have been MORE than happy to polish off at least HALF of that cheesecake I made for Bible study Thursday night! Limiting myself to one piece was pure torture!!! I just really like to eat... too much!
3. Greed - Most people do not consider me to be greedy or selfish. If I have something, and you want some, I WANT you to have some too! This is the one that drives my hubby MOST crazy because he says I share too much! (i don't think a body CAN share too much! *stomps foot*) I'm sure there is SOMEthing I'm greedy about though... it IS human nature after all... so I'm sure there is. Maybe I'm greedy with my time... I do like a lot of time to myself.
4. Sloth - Oy! Another bad one for me... Dang! If confession is good for the soul I could spend DAYS improving my soul over sloth! I'm NOT a "lazy" person -- but I don't wanna do what I don't wanna do! And I don't wanna clean house or cook or garden or "take care" of ANYTHING any more! I just want to have FUN all the time! I will go anywhere with you and walk and run and climb and dance and have all the energy in the WORLD as long as we are having FUN! But the minute you ask me to put that energy into cleaning house or manicuring the lawn ... pft! I'm too tired! I need a nap! I don't have TIME! (there i go bein' greedy with my time... see?)
5. Wrath - Wrath used to be a major problem for me in my younger days. I have to admit that age has brought about a much calmer temper... or maybe it was age brought wisdom, and wisdom calmed the temper... I don't know... at any rate, it now takes a LOT ... a really REALLY LOT to get me irate! Sometimes I amaze myself even! The one thing that still drives me crazy though is watching - especially teenage kids - but anyone really - not putting their full effort into something important -- like their education! I do get really angry about that! And the other thing is watching someone else be treated UNfairly! (remember my battle with the little old lady?) Just treat people nice and we'll all get along!
6. Envy - This has got to be the one I need the MOST help to overcome! LORD! Help me!!! To me, the grass is always greener, lusher, fuller, sweeter on the other side of the fence! If YOU have it, I want it! If you're going there, I wanna come! I do not want to be left out of ANYTHING! Shame on me! Shame shame shame!
7. Pride - Again... when I was younger, this was a big problem! I could hold a grudge for a lifetime! God must have worked on me (Amen to that!) cuz now there is little that is worth holding on to anymore! As a matter of fact, even if I'm right and it will make you feel better if I'm wrong, I'll probably take the fault!
MOST of the time.... not always though.







8 comment(s):
This is why all of those are called sins and this is why we are born sinners!! Hmm!! This is why we are humans!! Hmm!! WE are never going to be perfect here so we wait for the day we go home to be with our savior and we then will be perfect!! Then all of those things you just wrote about will NO longer BE OF any importance to us!! Won't that be just wonderful!! I think so!! No more eating until we get so fat that we cannot walk...no more anything...I can hardly wait sometimes!! what a list!! I think I will skip this meme. My thankful Thursday is up if you would like to drop by today...Sandy
By
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at
5/17/2007 3:28 PM
I am SO not answering any of these!
By
Anonymous, at
5/17/2007 6:06 PM
Sandy - Please don't wish yourself there too quickly! I will miss you!
Quilly - CHICKEN!!!
By
Melli, at
5/17/2007 9:37 PM
Hi.
Thanks for dropping in at my site.
Wow! I wish I was down to 224.
So good to be back.
Take care,
Frances
By
Anonymous, at
5/17/2007 11:10 PM
Oy...I'm not sure I'm ready for this meme EITHER!! Maybe in a few days I will summon up enough courage to TRY it!!
I love you, girl....hope you are having a great week! :)
By
Jennifer, at
5/18/2007 12:24 AM
This had to be a very interesting MEME to do, because you had to confront things in your personality and being...that you might not want to...! Very Very interesting, my dear....In certain ways, I think each one of these is something we all struggle with...It is just the degrees that would be different for each persom....I mean, Sloth, for insynce might be like 5% for one poerson, and Vluttony 80 percent of struggle...(OY!)...So, to answer these honestly is very admirable, Melli!
I sure liked your description of that Chocolate Chocolate whatever---Cheescake! I'll have a slice of that, myself! (lol)
By
OldLady Of The Hills, at
5/18/2007 4:28 AM
Hi Melli. Glad you decided to play along too.
I can certainly relate to some of the things you mentioned. I also "lust" for things I really don't need. I've been "lusting" on an expensive designer bag for a year now and good thing my practical husband has been telling me how that single bag can pay for 2 years tuition fee of my son. If I win the lottery, I'd buy a dozen of those in different styles. Now, that's greed. ha! ha! :) Just wishful thinking!
By
Heart of Rachel, at
5/18/2007 10:27 PM
Well, if dishonesty was one of the sins I guess you wouldn't have that one.
By
Unknown, at
5/21/2007 9:40 PM
Post a comment
<< Home