.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Monday, February 18, 2008

STOLEN! From Jennifer....

Yep, I shamelessly stole this from Jennifer - and for the same reason she stole it -- so I don't have to THINK...

60 53 (some are missing) Things You Possibly Didn't Know About Me (or maybe you did, but I'm telling ya anyway ;))


1. What is in the back seat of your car right now?
In the back "seat" is Luz's car seat... in the back BACK is Luz's scooter!


2. When was the last time you threw up?
Ah. Unfortunately it was Saturday night. Apparently I took too many different medications at one time, and they didn't mix well.... I'm more careful now!

3. What's your favorite curse word?
Shoot!

4. Name 3 people who made you smile today?
I have not yet even SEEN three people today! And mOm has not yet made me smile... *sigh* Can I come back to this one a little later???


5. What were you doing at 8 am this morning?
Reading my devotions...


6. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Making coffee.


7. What will you be doing 3 hours from now?
Who knows! I'll probably have mom at the hairdresser...


8. Have you ever been to a strip club?
You DO remember I've not always been the person I am now, right??? Yes... I've been to MALE strip clubs! It was quite a popular thing to do for bachelorette parties ... back in the day! And... actually one time my sister and I accidentally wandered into a female strip club too... and then we were to embarrassed to have them THINK we made a mistake... so we had ONE drink and then left! ROFL!!! Talk about messed up!


9. What is the last thing you said aloud?
"Mom, these are BIRTH CONTROL pills! Do you NEED birth control?"


10. What is the best ice cream flavor?
Pft! There must be at least 40 BEST flavors!


11. What was the last thing you had to drink?
Coffee... I'm still workin' on it!


12. What are you wearing right now?
I'll give ya 3 guesses... starting now! (did you guess shorts and a t-shirt?) If you did, you're RIGHT!

13. What was the last thing you ate?
Butternut Squash Soup... with very broken crackers!


14. Have you bought any new clothing items this week?
Nope.

15. When was the last time you ran?
I'm sure I was chasing Luz Estrella -- but I don't remember the exact moment!


16. What's the last sporting event you watched?
Amateur Bowling... hehehe... VERY amateur!


18. Who is the last person you emailed?
Jae


19. Ever go camping?
YES! We used to love to go camping! We had a little pop-up camper and we'd pack it up and head off for the weekend... ohhhhhh those were the days.


20. Do you have a tan?
Well... not what you'd really call a tan! I still have a little color leftover from summer -- my color never goes 100% away. But no... I'm not tan!


24. Do you drink your soda from a straw?
This is about 50/50... at home - never. At a restaurant - always. Weird, huh?


25. What did your last IM say?
Hmmmm... well, considering I have not IM'd in about 4 years... I have NO IDEA! I really find them to be terribly annoying little programs!


26. Are you someone's best friend?
Do we really still DO that at 50??? I have lots of friends... I'm not sure I'm "best" to anyone!

27. What are you doing tomorrow?
I have an appointment at the dentist (yippee) to have my fakey's adjusted!

28. Where is your mom right now?
Heaven


29. Look to your left, what do you see?
My fireplace

30. What color is your watch?
gold


31. What do you think of when you think of Australia ?
Kangaroos, the outback, and Shrimp on the Barbie!


32. Would you consider plastic surgery?
Considering it is cheap. PAYING for it is the question! I'd consider breast reduction.


33. What is your birthstone?
Sapphire

34. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive thru?
I prefer slow food... but it just depends.


35.How many kids do you want?
Well... I stopped at 4... so I guess we'll leave it at that!

36. Do you have a dog?
Yep! A black lab... sweetest BAD dog in all the world.


37. Last person you talked to on the phone?
Receptionist at the dentist's office.


38. Have you met anyone famous?
A few football players. Waaaaaay back in the OLDEN days! Sonny Jergenson, Billy Kilmer, Chris Hamburger, Chuck Foreman, Fran Tarkenton.... Oh - and Johnny Unitas!


39. Any plans today?
Give mom a bath? Oh boy!


40. How many states have you lived in?
DC, Maryland, and Minnesota - 2 states and a "district"


41. Ever go to college?
Visited Keuka a few times!


42. Where are you right now?
At my desk, in my livingroom, in my home, in my town, in my state, in my country, on my planet, in my universe!


43. Biggest annoyance in your life right now?
(take the high road melli...)
Getting used to false teeth...


44. Last song listened to?
Maggie Mae, by Rod Stewart -- it was playing as I fell asleep in the oral surgeons office.

46. Are you allergic to anything?
Codeine!


47. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time?
Sneakers -- but they're not favorite... they're just there.

48. Are you jealous of anyone?
Not that I can think of.


50. Is anyone jealous of you?
I hope not.

51. What time is it?
9:42 am

52. Do any of your friends have children?
Nearly all of them!

53. Do you eat healthy?
Lately I don't eat much at all!

54. What do you usually do during the day?
Babysit / entertain Mom...


55. Do you hate anyone right now?
Nope. There are so many better ways to use our energy than hating...


56. Do you use the word 'hello' daily?
I tend to use "good morning" or "hi there" more than hello... so I would say I do NOT use it "daily".

58. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
51!!! Whoooo hooo! (not as good as 50 - but close enough!)


59. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
Oh my gosh! SO many summers I practically LIVED there!!! Yep! I could walk Six Flags America with my eyes closed!


60. How did you get one of your scars?
I have a million of 'em -- but the BEST one came from delivering a baby boy, by cesarean!

Annnnnnnnnnd... because I'm really TIRED of talking about teeth - I'm posting this final picture - of the new and improved models -- in THIS post!

THE END... for now!

12 comment(s):

Awwww I love your "new smile"! I loved reading Jen's answers and now yours. I may have to jump into this one.

Susan

By Blogger Susan, at 2/18/2008 11:10 AM  

Your new smile is wonderful!! I would love to have that pretty one too!! BUT I will stay with my own teeth as long as I can.
What a range of questions!! wOW!!

My Monday memories are up.

Sandy

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 2/18/2008 12:40 PM  

I loved reading your answers and I especially loved seeing your new smile!!!!

By Blogger Jane, at 2/18/2008 12:42 PM  

Great looking smile Melli....but then it always has been. Whew, you have more energy than I do with all these questions and answers. Mr. Wonderful and I took a outing to Walmart for some protein powder and chewable vitamins. I'm not hungry (first time in my life!) I'm totally amazed and happy.

By Blogger Lazy Daisy, at 2/18/2008 12:43 PM  

Susan -- Thanks Susan! I can't wait to read YOUR answers too!

Floozie -- I HIGHLY recommend staying with your very own teeth! If they are functional - use them wisely! And take care of them!!! I LOVED your memory today!

Jane -- Thanks Jane! I enjoyed the trip to Venezuela today too!

Diasy -- Easy to have energy to answer questions... harder to scrounge up the energy to take a shower and get out of the house! LOL! I'm sO glad you are happy with your surgery... I'm thrilled too with how much better my GUMS feel ... but ... um... I'm not crazy about this liquid diet!

By Blogger Melli, at 2/18/2008 1:50 PM  

Your new smile looks great.
Ok and this made me laugh outloud
Mom, these are BIRTH CONTROL pills! Do you NEED birth control?"

Have a great week btw Luz is sooooo cute !!

By Blogger WendyWings, at 2/18/2008 3:04 PM  

I enjoyed this meme. It seems I always enjoy memes when you do them -- not so much when I do them.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/18/2008 6:02 PM  

This one just cracked me up...unless you just have birth control pills laying around. I don't think you have any girls living at home right this minute :)

35.How many kids do you want?
Well... I stopped at 4... so I guess we'll leave it at that!

Especially since you were running your mother in law off of them. You are so sweet, Melli. *hugs*

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/19/2008 12:27 AM  

Great smile, Melli, and always the best sense of humor!!!

By Blogger MaR, at 2/19/2008 2:43 AM  

Melli!!! Long time no see!! I was just at Sandy's reading her memory and saw your comment. I didn't realize you had your new teeth already. Oh----------how great!!! Your smile! Love it. It looks mahvelous. LOVE your stolen treat for us today.

How ARE things going? Gosh, it's been a long time to visit. Hope you can drop by and leave your smile at my blog sometime soon.

Happy Tuesday.

By Blogger Hootin Anni, at 2/19/2008 7:38 AM  

WendyWings -- HELLO! Long time, my friend! Mom tends to get INTO things... OY!

Quilly -- ahhhh... but I enjoy yours more! See?

Amberstar -- well, they're NOT just lying around... they are up in the cupboard with all of Krysti's other medications ... and she IS living at home again this semester. Another shelf has Derek's antidepressants and panic attack meds -- and she is forever "finding" something! I need more cabinet locks!!!

Mar -- thanks again Mar! Good to see ya!

Hootin' Anni -- Oh Anni - I HOPE while you were here you skimmed down to see the TOOTHLESS smile! You would really enjoy that one! LOL! I'm comin'! I'm comin'!

By Blogger Melli, at 2/19/2008 8:54 AM  

Thanks for stopping by today. We all seem to find ourselves in that place from time to time where we are listening but just are not hearing anything from the Lord. It can be a very frustrating place and a place where we certainly become very impatient. I am keeping you in my prayers as you wait to hear God speak to your heart.

Blessings to you today!

By Blogger Chocolate and Coffee, at 2/19/2008 11:07 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home