Quirky Meme
I was actually tagged for this meme by Barbara H. (there! I followed rule 1!)1) Link to the person who tagged me.
2) Mention the rules. (now I've done rule 2 also!)
3) Tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about myself.
4) Tag 6 other bloggers by linking to them.
5) Go to each person’s blog and leave a comment that lets them know they’ve been tagged.
Now... the problem about trying to figure out one's own quirks is that if it's YOUR quirk, you don't find it quirky! Sooooo... I think the best I can do is to come up with some things about me that are really REALLY boring! (boring was IN the rules -- did you read them?)
1. I always always always poor my creamer in my cup first -- then my coffee.
2. I only drink coffee out of my blue mug. I have 4 identical blue mugs so that one is always clean. Don't mess with my blue mug!
3. I don't give my plate to the dog to lick. I give it to Dennis to give to the dog. (that way she never begs ME for anything! She drives HIM crazy!)
4. Even though I blog almost every day of the year, I do not check my email everyday.
(Amanda actually sends me a txt msg to tell me she emailed me! LOL!)
5. I love children and I love church, but I do NOT love minding the nursery at church.
(I intend to give that one up at the end of the year... however I know I'll get talked out of it!)
6. I have ONE pair of sneakers, 3 pairs of dress shoes, and about 35 pairs of flip flops! *true!*
(rule 3 - check!)
Now I'm supposed to tag 6 other people and that's the part where I always break the rules! Some of you LIKE to do meme's ... if you'd LIKE to do this one, feel free! I'll warn ya now though - it's a TUFFY! Well... unless you're really quirky, I guess! (Now, having broken rule 4, that automatically gets me out of rule 5! Whooo hoo!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I did not get hardly ANY housework done yesterday! I don't know where the day went... but it didn't go to housework! I think it might have gone to some phone calls and it might have gone out to lunch... and a wee portion of it went to a nap after Dennis arrived home... and then the evening went to Bible Study... but I don't have a CLUE where the rest of it went!!! I do know where today is going. It's going 1.) down to get the estimate on Krysti's car so we can decide whether we should pay to fix it ourselves, or let insurance cancel her. JOY! 2.) Stopping by the insurance company to drop off the first payment for MY new car insurance. 3.) Off to babysit Luz this afternoon! YAY!

Labels: meme's







13 comment(s):
You two are too cute for words! Have a great day.
Oh! The traffic investigation officer called this afternoon and told me they still haven't caught up with the guy who rear-ended me, and they've gotten to the end of their patience. He keeps playing phone tag with them, returning their calls alright, but only AFTER the time frame he was given to respond. So the officer I spoke to this afternoon said he was going to go camp on the guy's doorstep until the case is closed.
By
Anonymous, at
7/29/2008 2:51 AM
Love, love, love the photo of your two Melli!!! Are those teddy bears on your cheeks? I know how you like teddy bears--------oh such a sweet photo. Made me giggle.
That one quirk of yours about Jewel licking the plate --only from Dennis's hand is a good one. And clever!!!!
I'm thinking about you while I sit in the courtroom...wishing you could be there instead of me. ;o)
By
Hootin Anni, at
7/29/2008 5:34 AM
"Love, love, love the photo of your two Melli!!!" Meaning: YOU two, not 'your two'. Geez. Did I say I need more sleep?
By
Hootin Anni, at
7/29/2008 5:35 AM
So how did the blue mug thing get started? LOL! That's pretty clever about the dog licking the plate from someone else to keep her from begging you. That's a lotta flip-flops!!
By
Anonymous, at
7/29/2008 10:13 AM
If you are anything like my daughter and I'm guessing you probably are - you wear those flip-flops even in winter don't you!!!
Me too, me too, I put my cream in my coffee first and a little quirky thing - a piece of ice- before my coffee goes in the mug.
Why wasn't I invited to the tattoo party? I want one on my cheek too. Next time, ok?
By
Carletta, at
7/29/2008 10:54 AM
I use to blog every day but that has changed... I do check my email every.single.day tho =)
I sent you an email re: the box top post. If you didn't get it, do let me know. =)
Have fun babysitting, Melli! =)
By
tnchick ♥, at
7/29/2008 12:25 PM
Love it, I may give it a try tomorrow.
By
Family Man, at
7/29/2008 4:14 PM
We never give our dog the plate to lick. If she gets scraps they are put in her bowl. But if your going to having somebody else do it is a good idea.
Forget the housework-play with the grandkid.
By
Dr.John, at
7/29/2008 7:13 PM
G'Day Melli,
I found your blog lookin around the other day. I can't believe you can just go out and buy a car , they are so expensive here and a major purchase item, second on the list to houses.
I am interested to see the same names pop up in the comments on your blog that I see elsewhere I visit, like Hootin" Annie and Gattina.
I sent Martha to see you.
By
linda may, at
7/29/2008 7:55 PM
G'Day, me again. We call flip flops thongs here in Australia. Or jokingly Japanese Flying Boots. He he.
By
linda may, at
7/29/2008 7:57 PM
Lovely shot of Luz and you, she's got such a darling smile, such a pretty little girl!
Hi, Melli! I am back from my hols, pls get me any mug to share some coffee with you! I have some catching up to do...
By
MaR, at
7/30/2008 2:01 AM
Oh I love the picture of you and Luz!
By
Maribeth, at
7/30/2008 11:47 AM
You and Luz look oh so sweet in that picture!
Isn't it terrible when you can't remember where a day went? I mean I have had a couple like that recently when I got sidetracked and it's suddenly late and I don't know how it flew by.
Enjoyed this meme...still going to do the one below later on this week.
Hugs,
Susan
By
Susan, at
7/30/2008 2:38 PM
Post a comment
<< Home