ByeBye Reflections.... and Wordzzle...
REFLECT THIS...
Day 7
Day 7
A glance at Luzi Loo in my rear-view!*yes! we were stopped at a light!*
Many THANKS to Quilly for hosting this great challenge
this week! I've never noticed sooooo many reflections in
all my life!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Each week Raven challenge's the blogosphere to come up with a story or a poem or some sort of prose involving a list of 10 words she gives us. This week I got caught up in this insanity! Because I don't have enough other things to keep me busy... But it was fun! I don't know if I can DO this every week -- but this week I succeeded at stringing some words together! Below are the 10 words given us, and my attempt! (she also offers up a 5 word mini challenge and a Super-Challenge ... but I only chose to do the 10 word challenge... this time.)10 word challenge -- tiramisu, transfixed, evacuation, Queen of the
When he entered the apartment, I was seated like a swami on my huge overstuffed pillow. The one with the gold satin pillowcase. Queen of the Nile was playing on the big screen in front of me, and a plate of half eaten tiramisu was by my side. His gaze was transfixed on my lacy black teddy, but romance was far from his mind. "Are you INSANE?!", he bellowed. "Do you NOT know that the island is under mandatory evacuation!?" Glancing his way, and with completely stable voice inflection, I assured him that I had no intention of leaving until my movie was over. I invited him to take off his jacket, as I was sure it was the heat of our microclimate that was causing him to perspire, and then I offered him a piece of my tiramisu. But the boy would not be pacified and ran, muttering grammatical atrocities, from the apartment. Poor thing... he's always so melodramatic.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Since I am actually UP posting at 3:40 in the morning... you can be assured that Luz is safely tucked in her bed and I am trying to catch up! She is going home late this afternoon - when I take her there... so I'll be around to MOST of you this evening! I may find a minute or two to visit a few of you during the day! Depends... It's amazing to me (everytime) how time consuming ONE little girl can be! But I'd never trade her for ... ANYthing! 2 more hours til coffee... I'm goin' back to bed now!!!
Labels: Reflections, Wordzzle







23 comment(s):
Melli, you did a great job with Raven's challenge. I am hoping I will get to play next week, but like you I am thinking I won't be participating on a weekly basis.
By
Anonymous, at
8/23/2008 5:21 AM
Oh well done. I thought it was going in a completely different direction though when you mentioned the black lacy teddy! ;)
By
Akelamalu, at
8/23/2008 7:53 AM
Very nicely done! You're obviously a night owl.
I hope you can come check out my new meme, Pet Peeve Tuesday!
By
Anonymous, at
8/23/2008 8:32 AM
OOOOOH girl! You should be writing a novel. You've got the gift!!!! Very clever.
I love your picture of Luz in your mirror.
By
Jane, at
8/23/2008 8:39 AM
Melli...you go girl with the schtizzles.
The picture of Luz is perfect peace and love.
I'm going to be out most of this weekend. My kids are visiting. They, one bunch, surprised me and came in last night so we will have more time together. The ones that have been vacationing in stormy Florida will be back today, and it looks like TS Fay is following them home. The youngest one and her bf will be over later. :)
By
Amber Star, at
8/23/2008 9:17 AM
Great job with both challenges. I love the photograph and also what you did with Raven's challenge. Happy weekend.
By
Carver, at
8/23/2008 9:26 AM
Welcome to Wordzzle world! That was a great job... made me giggle, which is always good. Sorry about the guidelines link. I fixed it. The so-called "Vanity" wordzzle used to have an explanation. They are old ones that I wrote years ago when I first encountered these exercises. There were a few I was really pleased with and my vanity made me want others to read them.... hence Vanity Wordzzle. Anyone who wants to can use those instead of the assigned words for the week. Kimmie usually does that when she participates.
Love your reflections shot. That would be a great entry for Creative Photography too.
Thanks for playing.
By
Raven, at
8/23/2008 9:35 AM
Luz looks a little tired in the mirror, grandma is probably too tiring, lol !
Your little novel is very exiting ! only it would have been a little more spicy if you had asked him to take his trousers off and not the jacket ! This microclima !!
By
Ingrid, at
8/23/2008 9:43 AM
I love it. Don't bug a girl when she has tiramisu and a romantic movie in front of her. Ha! Welcome to Wordzzles.
By
Jeff B, at
8/23/2008 9:53 AM
wow!! You did good...that is amazing how you took those 10 words and made up a short story. First of all I knew it was not you in the story because you were watching a movie..that has to have TV involved..OOOPs!!
In Heavens name, what are you doing up at 3:40 in the morning?? You are supposed to be asleep!!
Have a great day today..Weather is calming down here
By
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at
8/23/2008 10:21 AM
Good morning Melli, you sleepy head girl....You sound like a night owl like me....your best thinking comes when all is quiet in the house..
Your story is great and needs to be continued...enjoy your week-end.
Love ya, Baba
By
Baba, at
8/23/2008 11:28 AM
It's funny, I was up this morning til almost 3 as well. Hadn't planned to be, just one thing led to another. Then I slept til almost 10, which I haven't done in a long time. I feel refreshed...but I also feel my day is half gone already! Thankfully there is not too much I have to do besides finishing up some laundry and going to the store. Of course, there is a lot I could and should be doing....but that's all I HAVE to do today.
That's a great story with those words! I hadn't heard of that challenge before.
By
Anonymous, at
8/23/2008 12:00 PM
My best thinking comes when i'm alone too, but not at 3:40 AM!!
Lovely reflection of Luz, Melli, it's sad that it's over! But the dragon hunt is over too, so what ARE we gonna do next week? I have hunted a couple more dragons in London, maybe I'll post them tomorrow. I even found two of them in Antwerp, they are in todays post as well!So come and get your dragons Melli? !!
By
Jientje, at
8/23/2008 12:57 PM
Welcome to the world of Wordzzle.
Rich
By
Richard, at
8/23/2008 1:05 PM
Love that Luz reflection, Melli!!
and your Wordzzle is terrific!!
I wish I could forget about wrinkles too, LOL
Have a great weekend
By
MaR, at
8/23/2008 1:20 PM
great job with the wordzzle... made me giggle.
and isn't it amazing how we see reflections everywhere after quilly's challenge...
By
juliana, at
8/23/2008 4:13 PM
A looking back picture is a great way to end a week of reflections.
I loved your little story though we both know she drowned.
My grandsons come tomorrow so I'll have less time to blog for a week.
By
Dr.John, at
8/23/2008 5:40 PM
Melli, I love this rearview reflection of wee Luzi Loo. I did some much like this of my Reba one day... and posted them before Reflect This started, haha. They’re here , if you’d like to see them. Yours turned out very well.
I'm hosting a new Photo Challenge... come see what it's all about.
By
Anonymous, at
8/23/2008 5:53 PM
I'm so glad you joined Wordzzle!
I loved your story. The idea of the young man muttering grammatical atrocities really made me laugh.
By
Dianne, at
8/23/2008 7:19 PM
I forgot to mention that if you watch next week those ten words will show up in a paragraph of a Liar's Club story. Perhaps, Tuesday.
By
Dr.John, at
8/23/2008 7:33 PM
Good reflection - Luz, you, and the cars behind you!
I saw somewhere that Quilly thought you had something on your mind for a new challenge perhaps?
Hmmmm....very interesting!
Isn't Raven's challenge fun!
You did great - 'muttering grammatical atrocities' was my favorite.
By
Carletta, at
8/23/2008 7:58 PM
Whoof!! I likes this pikture. woofenderful!
By
Anonymous, at
8/23/2008 8:29 PM
I completely agree with Luz...finish tiramisu. After we were all told never tow waste food :P
By
SMM, at
8/25/2008 7:22 AM
Post a comment
<< Home