.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Whatever!


WOW! A FREE day! I don't have to post a picture of a dragon, or a bridge, or a door or a reflection! I get to post whatever I wanna post! LOL! Ya know... I love the challenges - they liven up my entire life! Really! Going out and searching for these things truly does spice up my travels with mom - and I can tell her what we're looking for - and she thinks she's helping! (if I remind her every 5 minutes it helps her help!) So, yes, I am doing to the new DOOR challenge -- but Jientje was kind enough to give us Sunday off this week! Doors start tomorrow! So the photo up above was taken AFTER the Blogger Babe convention in Savannah last October... I know this because my hair is freshly dyed in this picture and that was the ONLY time I ever did that! I tend to like to wander of the beaten path when I'm traveling. I like a little "explore" from time to time. Lazy Daisy is a great travel partner for this purpose because she also loves a little explore! And it was on one such little explore that we saw this church sign - and I hadda have it! I mean... I LOVE Jesus... I LOVE swimming... this was a totally me sign! I had forgotten all about it until I was searching and searching and searching my archives for ... bridges this week! So... thanks to bridges, I got to share this picture!

I'm debating whether I will take Mom in to see the doctor tomorrow or not. Yesterday she complained in the morning about her wrist hurting... but as the day went on she didn't mention it anymore. Her face LOOKS bad - but she hasn't complained about it - except that everytime she comes out of the bathroom she asks me about it. "Did you see this bruise on my face? How did I get it? I don't remember getting it... it doesn't hurt. How'd I DO it?" *sigh* ... she's lucky she doesn't remember these things - but then she's NOT - because she is alarmed every time she gets in front of a mirror. I really do think she's okay... but it does LOOK bad! This is one of those times when maybe a little nursing experience would be a GOOD thing!!! Oy!

12 comment(s):

Melli -- I am contemplating my day off post, and thinking of posting bridges! I found a gold mine when I went to the airport today to get OC. I had to snap them!

Melli, you know you can ask your MIL if her wrist hurts. In five minutes she'll forget anyway. Ask next time she's fretting over the bruise, so she'll be upset all at once instead of two separate times. And be prepared with a cookie or ice cream or something to distract her after you get your answer.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/30/2008 11:35 PM  

LOL! Don't all those memes just take over sometimes?

I hope your Mom is okay. Keep us updated if you do end up taking her to the doctor.

Karen of the MomDot Street Team
www.MomDot.com

By Blogger Karen Coutu, at 8/30/2008 11:40 PM  

I hope Mom is okay. Hugs to you both on that one!

I went out to walk the dogs lat night and one of our peach trees was completely down! The trunk split right in two. We're heart broken. Will be writing about that tomorrow.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/31/2008 8:04 AM  

On this picture you rather look as if you ARE the lifeguard, lol !

By Blogger Ingrid, at 8/31/2008 8:28 AM  

I'd take her in. The elderly can have very tender bones... just a quick check and an xray will ease your mind and hers (albeit temporarily).

I love that picture.
xo
LBC

By Blogger Ladybug Crossing, at 8/31/2008 9:05 AM  

You do ...do a lot of those things..pictures and such!! I just could not keep up like you do.
In a way it is a good thing that she does not remember but in another way it is very bad because IF she hurt herself how would you know? I so would not like to be like that. I so appreciate you for taking such good care of her...Sandy

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 8/31/2008 9:14 AM  

Great sign Melli!

I posted - a bridge - :)

Hope your Mom continues to get better. If you watch your Mom and she doesn't seem to 'favor' her wrist it probably isn't broke but bruised.

By Blogger Carletta, at 8/31/2008 1:41 PM  

oh girl.. praying for you and your mom....

love the billboard sign.. isn't that great??

I have missed coming out to blog...

work is interfering with my life!!!

By Blogger Connie Barris, at 8/31/2008 2:40 PM  

The door challenge sounds like it will be a lot of fun. I'll have to start getting involved and have fun with my daughter as well.

Experience here! I cared for Mr. & Mrs. McCoy who both had Alzheimer's for the last few years. Please - don't hesitate to ask me any questions - I have lots of support to give away! =O)

I'm sure she is okay too. Bruising comes easily with age and many medications. Keep assuring her, even though it will be 10x a day or more. It helps to kid around some - for you and her. Especially if it's kind and in jest.

Mrs. McCoy was stumped a few times when I joked around. But it was great practice to see her think out my sarcasm - then figure it out and say, "Margie - you're a nut!"

The laughter kept us both through some tough times. =O)

By Blogger Margaret, at 8/31/2008 4:27 PM  

Melli...I must have missed it if you posted about your mother falling or anything. I hope she has a medicare supplement, but an x-ray wouldn't hurt if requested by her doc.

We are watching tv and cleaning in case my bunch need to come up here to get away from Gustav, but they said earlier it may get all the way up here.

By Blogger Amber Star, at 8/31/2008 4:43 PM  

What a great sign.
WE had the same problem of when do you take them to the doctor when we had the two mothers.

By Blogger Dr.John, at 8/31/2008 8:22 PM  

Great post, and yes, I had missed this one. I love the pic and it reminds me of such a great time last year. I hope we get to do it again sometime.

And....I'm still on pins and needles about that birthday present....uh uh uh PLEASE tell us!!

By Blogger Susan, at 9/01/2008 6:04 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home