.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bridging the Gap, Day 4 ... and some other stuff...


Alice at Born2cree8 is hosting this one!
It runs this week 8/24 - 8/30.
If you want to play, sign her linky!

Soooooooo... yesterday I was bridging the gap between
dirty and clean!
(beginning with bathtubs...)

Thus... today's bridge is brought to you from deep within my archives.... which don't run too deep because I never back anything up. Life has become disposable. When the computer crashes I buy a new one and wave goodbye to anything and everything that was stored on the old one ... including cherished photos that I later kick myself in the butt for never having backed up! FILM was not ALL bad! (do posts sometimes just HAPPEN without you even thinking or having any idea where they are going??? I didn't even know I had that little self-rant in me today!) *shakes head* Anyway... HERE is the real bridge you get today...

I have NO idea what this bridge is called! Probably the Something Street Bridge! I do know it was taken out of my hotel room window when I was staying in Rochester, NY - the time Krysti & I went up for her to take her entrance tests to Keuka, and I got to meet Barbara from Trying To Catch Up. If you weren't around back then I'm sorry - cuz Barb was a LOT of fun - but she just never touches her blog anymore. It's soooo sad! Anyway... in MY mind this has now become known as The Rochester Bridge! And it holds very sweet memories! (as do all of my pictures from that trip!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, you may have noticed I don't really DO Wordless Wednesday anymore... I mean LATELY I just always seem to have an abundance of words! (not sure where they all come from, but for some reason, I speak ... and you read... I guess it's working for both of us!) Anyway... it just seems kinda silly to paste a picture up, call it Wordless, and then rattle on about what the picture is! LOL! Ya know... when Uisce started that meme it was because he just didn't have ANYthing to say that day, and so just being the wise-guy that he is, he took a picture of his shoe, put it up, titled it Wordless Wednesday -- and TADA - a meme was born! (and one of the FIRST ones too!) Amazing how this stuff has grown... ANYway - I'm prattling again - had no intention to do a WW lecture! The REASON I mentioned it was because these next few photo's I'm going to share don't REALLY require words... But I'm gonna use some anyway! Sheeeeesh what a roundabout way of gettin' somewhere, huh? Proceed!

This is Bentley! So named for the book Bentley & Egg - which happens to be one of my favoritest (i know!) children's books EVER EVER written! Bentley Hopperton is a grasshopper of GREAT heart... and I think this little grasshopper looks like he has great heart too! He started out on my front window (on the inside) the other night. It was night and I couldn't get a good picture because he WAS on the window - and being night I would need a flash and trying to macro in the dark -- well it just wasn't a good combo! So anyway... I simply named him and let him be. I am fond of grasshoppers.

But the next morning I came down stairs and as I walked into the kitchen to make a pot of coffee, there was ol' Bentley just hanging out over the door way! I said Good Morning Bentley and forgot about coffee for awhile as I went to get my camera. Bentley was feeling very friendly too and just sat and watched me watch him! Every now and then he would cock his head one way or the other in a Lady, WHAT are you doing kind of way but he never tried to hop or even crawl away. He just sat there and posed.

I haven't seen Bentley for a few days now. I hope he got
safely back outside... and didn't become cat food!





Labels:

21 comment(s):

Why didn't you TAKE Bentley outside? I found a gecko in my mailbox today. I did not leave the poor little thing there.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/27/2008 1:01 AM  

Thanks for the story about the origin of Wordless Wednesday ! I didn't know that at all, I just fall into this by coincidence and 3 years ago !
A grasshopper wouldn't live long in our house, imagine with 5 cats all hopping behind it !
BTW you can find cat tents at IKEA ! Mine never sleep in it but they play hide and seek and turn it upside down and push it through the whole living room !

By Blogger Ingrid, at 8/27/2008 1:15 AM  

Arrgghh! Thanks Melli! I just spent at least an hour dropping and draging and copying and pasting all my picture files and my One Note notebooks and a couple other documents I would rather not use the creative energy to come up with from scratch all over again, just because you mentioned it. Ugh. I dislike chores like that. Even on the computer it feels like a wasted day like when I used to sit in front of my paper files figuring out what to keep what to toss and where to put the stuff I think I need to keep.

I figured since i didn't leave with the girls 'cause we figured we could go a day late and hopefully miss the rain on the tent, I had plenty of time to back stuff up so that in case something happened to my lovely lap top while camping I can deal with it instead of crying. Laptop, camping? You bet, I used to take paper notebooks, what is the difference/ I spend a lot of my camping time thinking and noting.

Oh and you do know the reason it is hard for you to do wordless Wednesday don't you? You have approx. 20,000 words to use up by the end of the day. And I dare say they are roll over words! So can you imagine if we missed a day!!!

I'll type in when I get back - ttfn

By Blogger Lanny, at 8/27/2008 1:16 AM  

Oh and btw you should see what nice art slugs can make on a living room wall when they get inside - those I throw out!

But much like yourself when a bug or critter comes inside that I kinda like, I let them stay. I don't think they come in on accident and cat food or bird food, their chances of survival on the outside are bout the same. Humming birds I catch and turn out. Or like your chimney birds, those go out. But mostly because I am not up for sharing my space with such chaos. I'm only a partial tree hugger and animal kisser.

Okay now, ttfn!

By Blogger Lanny, at 8/27/2008 1:23 AM  

It looks like a nice cold snowy time was on hand that day in NY!
Nice bridge.

Bentley is a cutie - my cat was nipping at a fly tonight so Bentley would need to stay far away from our household. Great shots of him BTW!

By Blogger Carletta, at 8/27/2008 1:54 AM  

That's a nice bridge and great picture, Melli. It brought memories to me too, ha!! missing Barbara ::sob::, I learned so much from her and I even have to thank her for my only Olympic medals ever.

I am afraid the neighbors' cat met one of Bentley's distant cousins...I am cat-sitting and this cat won't eat her dry food! so she might be getting food somewhere else...

Happy No-WW! I agree with you, it should be kept wordless if it's called that way. Otherwise it is a regular post, but not a ww...so there!!

By Blogger MaR, at 8/27/2008 4:06 AM  

Great bridge shot.
I never could do Wordless Wednesday because I always have too much on my mind to write about. That translates into, Maribeth has a big mouth! LOL

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/27/2008 7:52 AM  

See you really do have WW with Bently...I always say something..I just have too. I am not at home today but with grands all day!! I may get to post later on. Our Wednesday night service starts again tonight so will be going and I guess taking these two also..Yeah!! Sandy

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 8/27/2008 10:32 AM  

Ha! Your something St. Bridge is great. The critter is pretty cool, too. I really need to back up stuff here :0)
Have a great Wednesday...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/27/2008 11:12 AM  

I like the shot of the bridge you took from your hotel. Something about those old city bridges appeals to me. Bentley is a beauty.

Fun hearing the origin of WW. I participate in that on my wordless blog which is silly in a way since Carver Cards is always wordless. At this point WW runs all week but I only call one of my wordless posts WW.

By Blogger Carver, at 8/27/2008 11:28 AM  

My goodness you certainly did have an abundance of words today....I guess they just get bottled up and sometimes have to just be released. Bently is a rather handsome bug....sigh, I miss Barbara too.

By Blogger Lazy Daisy, at 8/27/2008 1:33 PM  

Bentley is such a pretty green!! Makes me think of the girl on Titanic movie...talkin' about spitting tobacco and everything. Oh dear, don't ask me why that just came up.

Anyway, good afternoon my dear Melli!! Long time no see. I'm checking who came to visit me today on my lunch break and saw your name and rushed over to see wazzzzup!!

The bridge photo looks mighty darned cold! Do I see snow? Ewwwww.

rofl....and I LOVE the 'bridge' between dirty and clean. That is really using some imagination for sure. It's great.

Love the photos of Luz with the butterflies too.

By Blogger Hootin Anni, at 8/27/2008 1:50 PM  

melli, you never cease to amaze! great bridge and your friend bentley seems to be missing a leg, poor thing!

By Blogger juliana, at 8/27/2008 2:02 PM  

Ohhhh it was nice meeting Bently Hopperton, he looks very sophisticated and gentle at the same time! You name them too huh? So do I, LOL!
By the way, the christmaslightbulb plant in the previous post IS like that, and will STAY like that. It will NOT open and bloom. That's IT! They are small peppers didn't you notice?

By Blogger Jientje, at 8/27/2008 2:47 PM  

A great bridge picture , the history of wordless Wednesday, and a cute bug. Boy you went overboard today.

By Blogger Dr.John, at 8/27/2008 7:54 PM  

I don't believe everything needs a name.
I notice bridges are name after the roads, what under them or some one famous.

My bridge is up and the coffee is on.

By Blogger peppylady (Dora), at 8/27/2008 8:03 PM  

Melli, I would like to take this opportunity to tell you what a totally cute wee boy your Bentley is. I would like to, but I can't... because then I'd be lying. hahaha. Okay, compared to most other bugs, he's cute, compared to a spider he's dynamite cute!!! However... sigh.

All joking aside now, I like your photo of ____________ Street bridge. The story behind it sounds very nice, a trip with your daughter.

And yes... I very often have posts write themselves. I just watch TV or something else and my fingers just do a little dance on the keys... then I get to read it later. Or so it seems. Haha.

Later {waving}

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/28/2008 12:36 AM  

lol @ first picture. I have a few things I could write in (dust, dog hair, soap scum). Yep, I'm a baaaddd housekeeper :)

Love your post!

By Blogger Minkydo, at 8/28/2008 5:26 AM  

That's a creative way to clean the tub!

I don't mind grasshoppers and crickets as long as they don't get on me.

The water in the bridge picture has a nice reflection, too. :-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/28/2008 2:45 PM  

ok mother - perhaps mr. bentley wasn't MOVING because the crazy human lady was producing bright flashes from a little box thing and he was SCARED OUT OF HIS EVER-LOVING LITTLE GRASSHOPPER MIND! You probably gave the poor little guy a heart attack! And then he probably became Freedom food!

on a happier note - the pictures look good. perhaps you could spare them for his funeral. :)

By Blogger Krysti, at 8/31/2008 1:47 AM  

Hey Melli - I remember that trip. I think that is the Broad St. Bridge in Rochester.

By Blogger Unknown, at 9/14/2008 11:33 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home