Bridging the Gap - Day 6 ... and Friday Fill-Ins... and stuff....

Alice at Born2cree8 is hosting this one!
It runs this week 8/24 - 8/30.
If you want to play, sign her linky!
I'm not really sure if I call this a bridge or not! Maybe it's just a path across the water... but then... isn't that a bridge? I guess it is! Sooooo this one was found last Spring - not this past Spring - but Spring 2007 when I went "to tea" with a couple of friends from Curves. We went to Hillwood House in Washington, DC and it was FABULOUS! We had our "tea", toured the museum, and then the gardens -- and this little lovely was in the oriental garden. T'was fun!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^


1. When I'm sick I'm cranky... in a quiet sort of way.
2. When I take a walk, I think about anything that pops into my head.
3. Money can't buy happiness but it can buy memories.
4. Cotton makes me cozy and leather makes me SWEAT.
5. The strangest person/character I've had lewd thoughts about was - I can't even THINK of anyone. I don't think I've had what I would call a "lewd" thought since I was a teenager! Okay... when I was a teenager... I had lewd thoughts about... awww... but none of them were WEIRD! EVERY little teeny bopper girl was feelin' what I was feeling! I dunno... maybe a cowboy in a book ... or something like that! I guess that would be weird!
6. My favorite color these days is orange because I'M Orange!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to perhaps some sleep, tomorrow my plans include not cooking and Sunday, I want to do Church and relax!
2. When I take a walk, I think about anything that pops into my head.
3. Money can't buy happiness but it can buy memories.
4. Cotton makes me cozy and leather makes me SWEAT.
5. The strangest person/character I've had lewd thoughts about was - I can't even THINK of anyone. I don't think I've had what I would call a "lewd" thought since I was a teenager! Okay... when I was a teenager... I had lewd thoughts about... awww... but none of them were WEIRD! EVERY little teeny bopper girl was feelin' what I was feeling! I dunno... maybe a cowboy in a book ... or something like that! I guess that would be weird!
6. My favorite color these days is orange because I'M Orange!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to perhaps some sleep, tomorrow my plans include not cooking and Sunday, I want to do Church and relax!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yesterday was NOT a fun day! NOT FUN days make me cranky. Okay... yes... I'm spoiled. I had to tote Derek all over kingdom come to try to get that which I knew we could not obtain! Derek has made some big mistakes, and some very poor choices in his youth and the consequences that I kept expecting to catch up with him full force, never quite did. And they still aren't. Not full force! But he IS between a rock and hard place right now... and while I am willing to work with him and help him to get things straightened out... I'm also going away for 3 weeks -- very soon. Derek's troubles can not be fixed over night, and there is NO WAY they are going to be fixed before I leave. He is in the process of now coming to terms with THAT idea. Now... to give you an IDEA of how frustrating OUR day was... the government organization that we are dealing with is... The Department of Motor Vehicles.... *nods*.
Today I get to have another fun day. I get to drive about 90 miles to TRY to get back from the lawyers who were originally handling Dennis' brother's estate the papers that Dennis had given them. We've come to find out that in NINE MONTHS TIME, these lawyers have not made one phone call or filed one paper on Dennis' behalf in an attempt to get the estate settled. They have done NOTHING! So 3 weeks ago we hired another lawyer... the same one that helped us get stuff done for Mom... a gal we trust! Two weeks ago we sent the first lawyer a letter letting him know that he is FIRED and that I would be coming in two weeks, on which day and at what time, to pick up said papers! So, today is the day. Yippee. Actually ... it's not REALLY all that big of a deal... if they DON'T have the papers for me, then I will simply leave their office and turn the entire thing over to the new lawyer. I will have made the attempt... that's all that matters! At any rate... I will be away from home and the computer. Perhaps I'll have time on my way home to stop and catch a bridge! Tomorrow is the last day for bridges... I'd like a good one! And I don't think I have anything left in my archives...
Oh yea... by the way... all those of you who THOUGHT you were sending rain my way yesterday? Well... try again please! Just a little less to the north and a little more to the east! Thanks! ... i swear i live in a bubble ...
Today I get to have another fun day. I get to drive about 90 miles to TRY to get back from the lawyers who were originally handling Dennis' brother's estate the papers that Dennis had given them. We've come to find out that in NINE MONTHS TIME, these lawyers have not made one phone call or filed one paper on Dennis' behalf in an attempt to get the estate settled. They have done NOTHING! So 3 weeks ago we hired another lawyer... the same one that helped us get stuff done for Mom... a gal we trust! Two weeks ago we sent the first lawyer a letter letting him know that he is FIRED and that I would be coming in two weeks, on which day and at what time, to pick up said papers! So, today is the day. Yippee. Actually ... it's not REALLY all that big of a deal... if they DON'T have the papers for me, then I will simply leave their office and turn the entire thing over to the new lawyer. I will have made the attempt... that's all that matters! At any rate... I will be away from home and the computer. Perhaps I'll have time on my way home to stop and catch a bridge! Tomorrow is the last day for bridges... I'd like a good one! And I don't think I have anything left in my archives...
Oh yea... by the way... all those of you who THOUGHT you were sending rain my way yesterday? Well... try again please! Just a little less to the north and a little more to the east! Thanks! ... i swear i live in a bubble ...
Labels: Bridges







16 comment(s):
So, where is your photo, huh? I see Alice's icon. I read your reference to your photo. I looked and looked and looked, and I see no photo. IS this a trick thing, like the emperor's new clothes?
By
Anonymous, at
8/29/2008 1:40 AM
This IS a bridge ! otherwise your feet would be wet ! in any case very beautiful !
Hope you get out of all these troubles, but first relax during your holidays !
By
Ingrid, at
8/29/2008 3:10 AM
I love that little path, I mean: bridge :)
Drive carefully, Melli.
You will be gone for 3 weeks?? :O
I am missing you already!!
By
Anonymous, at
8/29/2008 3:11 AM
Lovely! It's definitely a bridge.
SWF and More Bridges
By
Minkydo, at
8/29/2008 6:10 AM
Melli, some might think it a bit out of the box, but that's what I encourage, so way cool!! Even rocks in the stream for steps across it 'bridge the gap' between the two banks. SO, to me, your photo definitely shows a bridge. Very well done. What a beautiful garden it appears to be.
Good luck with getting things all straightened out... and with finding a great bridge to end the challenge 'in style', haha. We sure will miss you when you're gone for 3 whole weeks... and we'll still love you when you return to us.
By
Anonymous, at
8/29/2008 6:50 AM
Woof... Ya, what Mom said, arf, arf, arf.
By
Anonymous, at
8/29/2008 6:51 AM
Got all of you prayed up and I'm hoping your frustration level won't be level orange. We are headed for Va. Beach and mom for the long weekend. Miss you something fierce, I know your time at the beach will be therapeutic. You'll be missed.
By
Lazy Daisy, at
8/29/2008 7:10 AM
Yes, I'd call that a bridge, and a pretty one, too!
I don't envy you dealing with the DMV yesterday and problems with lawyers today. Hope you can relax and have some fun tomorrow!
By
Anonymous, at
8/29/2008 10:02 AM
DMV !!!!! (shutter!) EWWWWW......I seriously dislike those places! Good luck with the lawyers and have a great vacation. I wish I were going too...we would have a great time!
By
Aggiema (Michelle), at
8/29/2008 11:56 AM
Hi Melli, yes, that's a bridge and a very pretty one indeed! :)
By
maryt/theteach, at
8/29/2008 12:11 PM
Melli, it seems the more I read your blog the more and more your title...Prevailing Insanity...applies!! I don't know what to tell you but i think that Dennis ought to thank his "lucky stars" for you!! Tell him I said so..like that is going to matter. Went out today and bought you a real funny birthday card...sending it soon...
By
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at
8/29/2008 12:14 PM
Sorry I haven't been around. Mandy is doing better. She went home from the hospital today with her Matt! Love him! He is so good for my girl!
By
Anonymous, at
8/29/2008 2:16 PM
Lovely little walking bridge!
Sure hope things work out for you in your travels today.
Oh, do you have to keep reminding us of this upcoming VACATION - 'I'm just saying'. :) :) :)
By
Carletta, at
8/29/2008 3:17 PM
That's just such a lovely little footbridge :-)
Would you like some of our rain? It pretty much hasn't stopped here for weeks now.... :-(
cq
By
craziequeen, at
8/29/2008 5:04 PM
A niced bridge. It certainly is different.
Liked your meme.
Sorry that Dennis has troubles. Good luck on sorting them.
By
Dr.John, at
8/29/2008 9:10 PM
That most definitely counts as a bridge...and here are *hugs* for all you are going through right now and the growing period Derek will be going through soon...or soonish.
My day yesterday was...well, some day I'll be able to blog about it.*shudder* I refer you to Dooce's visit to the dentist with her daughter blog. After I got running around done today I've been on the sofa all day.
By
Amber Star, at
8/30/2008 12:18 AM
Post a comment
<< Home