.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Saturday, January 10, 2009

B.0.R.I.N.G.

This is horrible. Worse than horrible. This is worst case scenario blogging. Usually there would be a Wordzzle in this spot on Saturday's... but this week's wordzzle words were sO bad that my brain couldn't even make contact with them, much less wrap all the way around them. *Edited later to let you know that these were only bad words in MY brain - everyone else did just great with them! I apparently have a little case of writer's block going on.* Then, the other thing that normally takes up Saturday space in the blogosphere is the Photo Hunt... but today's theme was "aftermath" ... and since I haven't had any wild parties lately, and Luz hasn't been over to scatter toys throughout my house, and we haven't had ANY natural disasters... I have NOTHING for that as well. (had I looked at the words much earlier in the week I would have gone up to the high school and taken a photo of the kids coming OUT of Math class... but I didn't!) So, in desperation I tried to make up my own meme and found out I am pitiful at asking the questions -- I'm MUCH better at answering them! I didn't clean anything today so I could only show before pics -- and NO WAY am I doing THAT! There has to be an after so I can save face ... or something like that... Soooo... all I can do is tell you that Adam leaves today to go home. He is a very sweet, very polite young man, and it was our pleasure to have him as a house guest the past two weeks! HE took US out to dinner at Applebee's last night to thank us... which we thought was very sweet! Krysti will go back to school on Monday as well... and my house is going to seem SO empty again! So, I guess I'm going to go DO something! Something I can BLOG about! Cuz this post is just plain pitiful! Have a great Saturday!

19 comment(s):

It's not pityful, it's still a nice post!!
I had the same problem with "aftermath", just could not think of any picture to match that! And I'm not in the mood to look at other people's messy pictures either!

By Blogger Jientje, at 1/10/2009 8:03 AM  

You're a hoot! For doing nothing, you had a lot to blog about it seems.

Ya, the photo hunt's prompt was a booger! I went, as always when I get stuck, with humor.

Aftermath indeed....the only thing I could've really done was a clean litter box vs. an used one....but I didn't!!

Happy Saturday dear Grannie M!!!

By Blogger Hootin Anni, at 1/10/2009 9:18 AM  

LOL! You even make a day of seeming to have nothing to say seem fun. I was in the same predicament yesterday -- there are two memes go back and forth between doing on Fridays, and I just didn't have anything I was satisfied with for either, and was just drawing a blank though I do keep a file where I jot down ideas for future blog posts. So I just ended up not posting until late last night when some ideas came to me.

The only picture I could think of for "aftermath" was from Christmas last year when I took a picture of all the wrapping paper we had tossed to one side of the living room while opening gifts. But that just didn't seem very exciting.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/10/2009 10:03 AM  

I really have nothing for today. I figure it is ok. My hands are pretty stiff today so using them will be minimal. Hope you have a fun day.

By Blogger Amber Star, at 1/10/2009 12:22 PM  

Honest!!! I took those shots through the window!! But they NEED to be cleaned, or I won't get away with it much longer! BUT it's MUCH too cold to clean windows right now! -12°C, I don't know how much that is in Fahrenheit, but I'll tell you one thing, it's darn cold here!!!

By Blogger Jientje, at 1/10/2009 12:31 PM  

That's a comprehensive blogpost for someone with nothing to say - that's what we all love about you.

Here's an idea - I was recently tagged on Facebook with the '16 Random Things' meme - where you discuss 16 things about yourself :-)
Hey, bet you can find 16 interesting things, sweetie!

Oh, and when the children have gone, put on some CDs and crank up the player - fill your house with glorious music! :-D
Celebration, not mourning!

cq

By Blogger craziequeen, at 1/10/2009 3:19 PM  

I had nothing for the Photo Hunt either, so I said, heck, I'm just going to skip it again!

By Blogger Maribeth, at 1/10/2009 4:37 PM  

That's a lot of word for nothing to say, lol. Sometimes the Saturday photo theme can be very challenging.

Have a great weekend!

By Blogger Biker Betty, at 1/10/2009 5:18 PM  

Those were horrible words and you weren't alone. The number of writers was clearly down.

By Blogger Dr.John, at 1/10/2009 5:49 PM  

When I saw the word "aftermath" I first didn't know what it meant after looking it up, I thought about all the ruins which I had seen in Greece aftermath of earthquakes. Somebody didn't post a picture at all but described 9/11 ! Nothing to do with Photo Hunt !
I really am fat up of this snow now, as it hadn't snowed ever since it all has become so dirty ! And it's still soooo cold !

By Blogger Ingrid, at 1/11/2009 2:22 AM  

Oh, Melli, kids after Math class, LOL. I didn't play either as the theme didn't inspire me.at.all. !!

By Blogger MaR, at 1/11/2009 3:07 AM  

Melli, you are such a hoot! After math class!!!!!
Don't worry, we all have bloggus interruptus on occasion. It is nothing to worry about.

By Blogger Jane, at 1/11/2009 10:21 AM  

I would never have thought of taking pics of kids leaving Math class for "aftermath". I love it!! And you know, some days are just like this, aren't they? Hope things are well today...even when it gets quiet.

Blessings,

Susan

By Blogger Susan, at 1/11/2009 7:42 PM  

Melli -- I would have loved the "After Math class" pic! This is probably the most entertaining "boring" post I have ever seen. You even do bored with flair!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/11/2009 9:38 PM  

Boring was interesting.

By Blogger bettygram, at 1/11/2009 10:27 PM  

Is your brain still empty ? Or did you fall into a deep winter sleep like the bears ?
Yes, I showed this lemon before but I don't remember for what.

By Blogger Ingrid, at 1/12/2009 11:22 AM  

(Knock, knock, knock...)

Can Melli come out to play?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/12/2009 11:37 AM  

you make boring not boring. :)

By Blogger Carmen, at 1/12/2009 11:39 AM  

Melli, are you still suffering writer's block?

By Blogger Amber Star, at 1/12/2009 12:13 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home