.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Real Life...

So, I got all the Christmas stuff taken down and put away yesterday. Well... almost all. There is still the tree skirt lying on the floor... right where the tree stood. The cat tree should be there -- but I'm not bringing that back upstairs yet. I'm not putting pictures back... or knick knacks... The house is actually looking rather barren! I LIKE it like that! LOL! Clutter has become my biggest enemy. I just can't stand it!!! And yet... I need stuff. I'm looking at the bookshelf that lives beside my computer... it has sO much on it that's NOT books! And even the stuff that IS books - I wonder how much of it I really still need. Some of it is TEXT book stuff from when the kids were in ELEMENTARY school! Do I really still need 171 Science Fair Ideas? Or the Usborne BIG Book of Experiments? How about the six-pack... Everything You Ever Needed To Know About Geography Homework... or Science Homework, English Homework, American History, Math, or World History. Will THESE books still be relevant by the time Luz needs them? They probably stopped being relevant 10 years ago. How about Chronicle of the 20th Century? Granted it's an interesting book... I don't think we've looked at it ONCE since entering the 21st century! That book is at least 4 inches thick... that's a lot of dust... And how about all those old photo albums??? Should I keep them? Should I scan them? We DO look through them... about once every 5 or 6 years. Decisions decisions... Adam leaves next weekend. At that time I am buying paint! The entire house that's NOT the kitchen is getting painted. Well, okay... the bathrooms aren't and Mom's room isn't -- and Derek can decide when I get that far. Right now he says he still likes his red, black and white room. Krysti is upset because I'm painting the entire house (except above mentioned rooms) all one color! She says that's boring. I say... I've had a bunch of different colors for a long time now and I'm ready to go back to the PURITY of all one color! (well... remember there IS always the kitchen! And the bathrooms!) Dennis is worried because he knows I'm going beachy... he wonders what will happen to his hand carved guns. I told him we would aim them at some annoying seagulls! LOL! His fishing stuff, his motorcycle, and his guns will stay. I'm NOT sure what will happen to the *shhh... don't tell Dr. John* ... trains. Not the ones that run on tracks -- they're in the basement where all good train layouts are. But the decorative stuff... *rolls eyes* ... we'll seeeeeeeee... For right now, my biggest problem is...

I think I have a depressed cat.
He misses his tree.
I'll let him keep the tree skirt...
until Adam leaves.

16 comment(s):

Maybe it is the tree skirt and not the tree that kitty loves? How sad that tossing out the tree broke his heart.

And if you're really worried about how Dr. John will feel about the demise of the trains, send them to him! hehehehehehe

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/04/2009 12:36 AM  

I had the same "changing all" crisis 5 years ago or maybe 6. All rooms were painted in eggshell white (creme) except the kitchen which is still red and will remain red forever. I got rid of schoolbooks and the Albums were mostly scanned by Mr. Gattino and are now in a carton in the basement. The carpet was replaced by tiles and parquet in the whole house. Then I sank in my chair, looked around and said : Now it's done ! and it is !!

By Blogger Ingrid, at 1/04/2009 5:57 AM  

Visiting through Dr. John's blog, thought I'd say hi.

I need to declutter too but it seems like everytime I toss something out, I need it the next day. I may not have used it in years but the next day I'll wish I had it. No matter.. things have to go, lots of things.

Take care.

By Blogger Sue, at 1/04/2009 6:56 AM  

So - when are you coming over to help me take all my stuff down?
:-)
xo
LBC

By Blogger Ladybug Crossing, at 1/04/2009 9:19 AM  

Yes, decluttering would be good here too. But right now I am waiting. Waiting for a diagnoses for a problem that I have. Please say a tiny prayer. K?

By Blogger Maribeth, at 1/04/2009 12:46 PM  

I've been catching up on my reading here, Melli. Poor kitty does look a little upset, but I'm sure you'll talk him through it.:-)
Happy New Year to you and yours.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/04/2009 2:01 PM  

all my Christmas stuff is still up and I am wondering how it will look for Valentine's Day ;)

poor sweet kittie

By Blogger Dianne, at 1/04/2009 2:13 PM  

Charlie is taking down our Christmas stuff....I may never find them again. This is the first time he has ever done it in 35 years of marriage. He probably wouldn't have if we didn't have a small group session at our home the day I get back. Will wonders never cease. Say a prayer for Suzy....she starts back to work for her two weeks tomorrow. Miss you.

By Blogger Lazy Daisy, at 1/04/2009 8:04 PM  

I congratulate you on having your Christmas things put away. My tree is still standing. Ah...tomorrow....hopefully.
Painting again - we will hear from you won't we. :)

By Blogger Carletta, at 1/04/2009 9:12 PM  

We got Christmas stuff put away yesterday. I always find a couple of things that I miss during the process -- so far I've found three (if I count the rolls of wrapping paper I got after Christmas as one unit.

I tend to be too cluttered, too. I like it mainly -- all the little things and/or the people who gave them to me or special. But it does get to be too much sometimes.

I'm limited in what home improvement I can do partly because I know so little but also partly because I have a balance problem and can't do much on ladders (if I climb one I can't let go). So that curtails a lot - I have to get hubby to do those things and his time is limited.

Poor kitty!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/04/2009 9:14 PM  

Oh that kitty picture says so much. I love it.

By Blogger Susan, at 1/05/2009 5:42 AM  

Beautiful kitty picture!!!! And yes, I can empathize with you on clutter. Thing is, around here, we continue to 'collect'.

Have a terrific day Melli...I read your Photo Hunt too.

By Blogger Hootin Anni, at 1/05/2009 7:58 AM  

Poor Kitty!! How sad.

By Blogger Jane, at 1/05/2009 8:41 AM  

Don't you dare touch those trains.

By Blogger Dr.John, at 1/05/2009 9:01 AM  

What a beautiful cat Melli! So, you're going to paint the rest of the house now? After that, could you come on over and do my apartment? And then when that is done,I give you the grand tour of Antwerp, maybe throw in Bruges as well? How about that huh? LOL!!
You're very corageous!!

By Blogger Jientje, at 1/05/2009 4:51 PM  

cute picture of an adorable kitty
meeoooowww

By Blogger David Edward, at 1/06/2009 10:32 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home