Murder! In the 3rd degree...

See? Haven't I TOLD you I am a plant killer? Do you think I do this ON PURPOSE? NO! I do not! Normally I don't even HAVE poinsettias IN my house! WHY? Not because I don't love them! I DO love them! (love doesn't cure everything you know...) For a long long time I have not had them because I believed they were poisonous to the pets. But my good friend Hootin' Anni facted me out on the truth of these plants, and they are perfectly harmless unless your gerbil eats about an acre of them... then he might get a belly ache. Soooooo when Mom WON this one at the Senior Center, I said "oh how lovely! Let's keep it and give it a good home!" And I spoke to it! And I put it next to the little Santa house that plays the Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy. And I even watered it. Twice! And then... tonight it looked like this. Sad... lonely... dejected... abused... neglected... unloved... DEAD. And it's all my fault. Because this is what I do to plants. I walk right past them like they don't even exist. I only barely notice their beauty UNTIL it's not their. And then I panic. I grabbed it off the console and RAN it to the kitchen. I probably drowned it under the faucet. I "poor baby'd" it ... I artificially resucitated it! (don't ask me HOW I did that...) Do you think it will survive? And if it does, can I bet TRUSTED with it's life? (nooooo... I assure you I can not!) Is there a 12 Step program for plant killers? (I'm pretty sure THIS is why God gave ADAM the job of tending the Garden of Eden! NOT Eve!)
**************************
I don't have any "stuff" today. Apparently I haven't done anything but try to kill a plant! Tonight I am going to Amanda's house for NYE... unLESS she calls and says she has Pink Eye! Luz is now getting over Pink Eye and Amanda said her eye felt weird yesterday. I do NOT wish to go into a Pink Eye house... So... I may or may NOT be here this evening! But I plan to be whooping it up with my kids... only Luz & I will toast in 2009 with WATER - like we did 2008! Or maybe grape juice. I think we both like water better though! LOL! I like that the kids are having this do at their house though - because they will ALL be drinking and this means they don't have to drive anywhere! They will all crash right there, and the ones that live HERE will come home tomorrow when they are once again sober. I on the other hand will be on the road with all the idiot drunks who DON'T stay where they should. So pray for me!
And when the ball drops...
HAPPY NEW YEAR!







19 comment(s):
I can tell you what you can do for your plant if you would like to try? This one it isn't dead, so you cannot self arrest. Clearly you desire to be a plant owner. I think you should give it some more tries. Nothing worth doing is ever easy, I'm just sure that cliche is quite true.
By
Lanny, at
12/31/2008 2:08 AM
Heehee!!! We are sisters in crime, did you know that? Ewww, only I am worse, MUCH worse!! I got a giant Crassula last year from my parents, it had gotten too big for them to keep. But I forgot to take it inside, thinking it would not freeze that much. It is now reduced to a pityfull sorry excuse for a corps, thanks to me! It must have died an awful death! I'm a serial killer too, the rest of them is still outside, they don't know they're dead yet, but they must be!! Oh dear!
A very happy New Year for you too Melli, and take care!
By
Jientje, at
12/31/2008 7:11 AM
It looks unhappy but not dead, Melli!! it has all good chances to survive, don't worry, be merry: it's New Year's!
Hugs to you, my dear, and all best wishes for 2009.
By
MaR, at
12/31/2008 7:25 AM
That's why my indoor plants are artificial. My plants at least have a 50-50 Chance if they are planted outside. I love you anyway you plant killer. At least you aren't a serial plant killer. Happy New Year Melli.
By
Lazy Daisy, at
12/31/2008 9:33 AM
Ah ... Poinsettias aren't the easiest plant for ME to keep alive either. Once upon a time I was a plant-killer too, but with some attention ... I've learned over the years which plants I can keep alive and those which I must leave for others to tend.
Hugs and blessings,
By
Anonymous, at
12/31/2008 9:41 AM
Melli....Melli....you DO CRACK ME UP!!! I gotta tellya tho, if there ISN'T a twelve step program, you need to start one.
It probably got too hot. They are temperamental plants. Anywhere between 55-70 indoors and muted light. Not direct light. Of course, listen to me....mine die too. But about summertime. They simply melt then. By February, I set it outdoors and it'll even get new growth, then.....poof!! It's gone.
But, seriously, you're a hoot!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR MY FRIEND.
By
Hootin Anni, at
12/31/2008 9:42 AM
I didn't inherit the family green thumb either. I've kept a bamboo shoot alive for 2 months now. It may be a record.
at least you enjoyed the pretty poinsettia for a while. :)
happy new year
By
Carmen, at
12/31/2008 9:53 AM
Aw... the poor plant... It does look like it may have some life in it still if you prune away some of the dead leaves. I used to be very good with plants but now between my problems walking which make everything seem difficult and ANGEL... well, I don't even try it. A friend gave me a couple four outside that had to be brought in. They did fine outside... but they have now gone to the great garden in the sky.
Happy New Year to you and your loved one. Oh... almost forgot. Love your Ruby Tuesday shot!
By
Raven, at
12/31/2008 10:10 AM
I think your beautiful plant died because you talked too much and it didn't have earplugs to save itself then you drowned her twice ! How could that poor thing survive at such a treatment ?
Since I don't drink alcohol anymore I found very good champagne without !! Tastes great ! Mr. Gattino loves his red Italian wine and as he will lay on the sofa to watch TV it doesn't matter if he falls from it. If you hear a loud boooom it was him !
By
Ingrid, at
12/31/2008 10:14 AM
I am guilty of multiple counts of negligent planticide, too, I'm afraid. I generally don't keep houseplants any more and cringe inwardly when someone gives me one. I have good intentions, but...like you, I just don't see them.
Our church has regular Wed. night meetings, so we'll be there, but thankfully my pastor does NOT believe in "watch-night" services where we stay til midnight. I never liked those. I'd rather be in my own home in my jammies late at night, not driving home hoping drunks don't run into me. We usually flip through the different shows on TV and watch the ball drop in Times Square.I wish we could do fireworks -- I love 'em (the pretty kinds, not just the noisemakers), but we can't shoot them within city limits.
Drive safely tonight! And whatever it is you are struggling with, may He meet every need and lift you up.
By
Anonymous, at
12/31/2008 10:20 AM
Happy New Year Melli...don't worry about the poinsettia. They only last a while anyway, unless you want to do a ton of work and keep it in a closet until it is the perfect time to bring it out so it can get some color going.
By
Amber Star, at
12/31/2008 12:11 PM
Oh I do the same thing to plants. This year I said, no poinsettia! I got myself a nice centerpiece for my table and so far all I did was add water to the dish each day and the flowers have stayed new looking! It was worth the 25 bucks I paid, even though Hubby thought it terribly extravagant!
Happy New Year, Sweetie!
By
Maribeth, at
12/31/2008 2:03 PM
LOL! Plants don't do well here either.Happy new year my friend
By
PJ, at
12/31/2008 5:21 PM
Plants do poorly in this house as well. I think it has something to do wiorth global warming.
We will party tonight with no alcohol.Npbody will complain because it has forever been so.
Happy New Year
By
Dr.John, at
12/31/2008 8:12 PM
So it goes...
the dead poinsetta gives you all the more reason to start out 2009 fresh!
Maybe you should go pick up a new 2009 flower --- ask for something that keeps well. :-)
By
RC, at
12/31/2008 9:25 PM
HEy, I typed the first comment on this last night. I asked what was up with all the New Years wishes when it was still daylight on the 30th here -- but seeings as how blogger didn't see fit to deliver that, try this --
Happy New Year, Melli!
By
Anonymous, at
12/31/2008 11:24 PM
I was sick for a while before Christmas and didn't have much to kill off this year so the plant kingdom was safe from me.
I woke up at 12:04, right after the ball dropped, a day late and a dollar short as always but still wanted to wish you a happy new year!
I hope 2009 will be good for you!
By
Marsha, at
1/01/2009 6:18 AM
I gotta tell you, you don't live in the best climate for them. I just plant mine in the yard and they grow. You only cut them back two times a year (once before Memorial Day and once before Labor Day)...and you'd be surprised. The plant most likely is NOT dead. Go ahead and remove the dead leaves. Don't overwater it. And see if you can keep it green. You might be surprised.
Hugs,
Susan
By
Susan, at
1/01/2009 8:18 PM
Plants die when I look at them.
By
Sherry Shealy Martschink, at
1/01/2009 9:18 PM
Post a comment
<< Home