.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Just Spyin' Around....

Today was a FUN day! After church, Krysti, Adam & I headed back down to DC - (they were there yesterday) - to go to the International SPY Museum! I have been wanting to go there for soooooo long and I have tried before to get Krysti to go with me -- and I've tried to get Dennis to go with me -- and I had even ONCE tried to get the boys to go with me. No one would! But ADAM wanted to see it - and this time Krysti wanted to also!!! So we went and had a FABULOUS time! We didn't get there until 2:45 - because I went to church. But in the end, we really DID wish we had gotten there about 3 hours sooner! It closes at 6:00. We got tickets to the museum - but we also did the Operation Spy and that takes up an hour. So, by the time we got done with that -- which we were glad we did -- but we only had 2 hours left to see the museum -- and that was NOT EVEN CLOSE to enough time! The museum is 2 floors worth of stuff - a LOT of it is interactive, and even though it wasn't horribly crowded, it just needs a lot of time to really enjoy it the way you want to! WE DID! But we only "comfortably" got through about half of the top floor -- and then realized we only 45 minutes left! That's when we started to scurry - kinda glancing at this and that... only stopping to "briefly" explore the things that REALLY caught our eyes! We all want to go back and FINISH the tour at our leisure! Of course, Krysti and I can do that almost any time we want... but poor Adam. He is glad to have gotten to see any of it though! Of course, it's all TOP SECRET - so no cameras are allowed - at all!

The museum is right near China Town - which I was pleasantly surprised to find out is making a bit of a come-back! The last time I was down there - which granted was 3 or 4 years ago, the place had completely fallen apart - there was only like ONE hole-in-the-wall little restaurant left - and it wasn't worth going to! But they have started fixing it up and bringing it back to life! We did stop and have dinner there and that was fun too! I didn't realize Krysti had never tried chopsticks before... so she gave them a whirl! LOL! She found she liked the "stab it" method better -- and used her fork for the rice! Adam has had a bit of experience with the confounded sticks, and he did okay -- though he still prefers a fork for the rice as well! Yours truly had recently tried chopsticks (again) on an outting to P.F. Changs with Amanda - and I KNEW better than to try them again!!! LOL! I assured the waitress I'd be just fine with my fork... but I did think they COULD have given us knives! Apparently that just goes against all rules! Hehehehe.... Anyway... the food was pretty good, the day had been fun, we didn't have to wait toooo terribly long for our Metro train... so life was good in the Big City today!

15 comment(s):

I've wanted to see the Spy Museum ever since I first heard of it! My kids' school always takes senior trips to DC. I know my middle son went to it nut I don't know if they knew about it when my oldest son went. If we ever do go I'll remember to allow a lot of time. My husband has always wanted to take a family trip to DC but so far we haven't.

I may have tried chopsticks -- I don't remember. But I probably didn't do well if I did, not being coordinated in general! I like some Chinese food but not others -- that's why buffets are great. I'm hungry for Chinese now...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/04/2009 10:33 PM  

I want to visit the spy museum!

But at least I can eat with chop sticks -- even rice. The trick is to get sticky rice.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/05/2009 3:51 AM  

Oh I think that would be SO MUCH FUN! It sounds like you guys made the most of your short time there. I can see how you'd want to be there all day though.

Hope you're doing well.

Hugs,

Susan

By Blogger Susan, at 1/05/2009 5:41 AM  

Fun, fun, fun!!! I would have had a ton of fun at the museum...altho, I must admit ANYthing in D.C. is terrific.

Okay, I think I caught up with your posts that I missed...photo hunt, cat tree, and the spying around. :o)

By Blogger Hootin Anni, at 1/05/2009 8:00 AM  

How far are you from DC? I might be up that way in the next few months :)

By Blogger Jennifer, at 1/05/2009 8:11 AM  

Oh, this post reminded me of "I spy", remember?? I know, I am old, lol!
Can't eat with sticks, if I am very hungry I ask for a fork and a knife!

By Blogger MaR, at 1/05/2009 8:18 AM  

Sorry I have missed a few posts. I was really sick. I posted twice today. Once explaing why I didn't post on Sunday but by then the automatic positing posted. Grrr.
It was good to see that you had a good time.
I would love a place like the Spy museum and so would my grandsons.
But count me out on any place with chop sticks.

By Blogger Dr.John, at 1/05/2009 8:59 AM  

I LOVE the spy museum!!!!!
Next time I'll meet you there!!!
xo
LBC

By Blogger Ladybug Crossing, at 1/05/2009 9:13 AM  

Glad you guys had such a good day! I love museums!!!! And Chinese food!!!

By Blogger Maribeth, at 1/05/2009 9:41 AM  

A spy museum...how cool! We don't have one here. We do have a P.F. Chang and it was really good when my lunch bunch went there last February.

Your poor kitty...maybe will pep up when you bring down the kitty tree...think?

I really like your new background. Very cat oriented.

We are getting freezing rain right now...it should be gone by tonight when I go to my knitting group though.

By Blogger Amber Star, at 1/05/2009 11:30 AM  

That would have been something for me !!
Mr. Gattino sometime calls me Sherlock ! This night it had snowed for the first time since about 7 years ! I mean more than 3 flakes. I don't even remember where I put my snow boots and the streets are not cleaned either. The traffic broke down it's a real mess. They are not equipped for that.

By Blogger Ingrid, at 1/05/2009 11:31 AM  

How long has the spy museum been open? I don't remember it from the time we were living in NVa and that is something I would have definitely wanted to see.

Seemed like when we lived there that we saw the same stuff all the time because every set of visitors wanted to see the same thing. Washington, Lincoln and Jefferson Memorials and Mount Vernon. Some a lot of the sites we saw repeatedly and some we never saw at all. Guess I need to make a trip back with a side trip to visit my bloging friend Melli! Hope your New Year continues to full of God's richest blessings!

By Blogger Aggiema (Michelle), at 1/05/2009 11:50 AM  

Hi Melli, your trip to the Spy museum sounded like fun..I am glad you could spend it with Krysti and Adam!!! I can use chop sticks if the rice is sticky and clumps together..

Have a wonderful week...hugs, Baba

By Blogger Baba, at 1/05/2009 12:16 PM  

I love the Spy Museum. I don;t work too far form it actually. One thing I would love to do next is the Newseum. I have heard it was also a lot of fun.

Happy New Year and God bless!

By Blogger Family Man, at 1/05/2009 12:30 PM  

The Spy museum? Sounds like fun!!

By Blogger Jientje, at 1/05/2009 4:54 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home