Poem A Day - Day 17
Have I really written 17 poems this month??? Oh no... I haven't because I cheated twice and went to my archives! But then if you add back the ones I've written for Quivelous reasons, I guess I have! I love poetry -- but I'm beginning to agree with Dr. John -- enough might be too much! However, today's prompt is an easy one. Mr. Poetic Asides wants us to write a poem with this title: All I Want Is (fill in the blank). Now we all want sOMething... so really this one is a piece of cake! So here we go!All I Want is to Experience the World
As much of it as can possibly be seen
in what I have left of a lifetime
This world that God created
in all it's beauty and bounty
The seas and the meadows
The mountains and the rivers
The falls and the puddles left by rain
All that God made without assistance from man
And all that God assisted man in creating
The skyscrapers and the landscapes
Towers of glass and castles of stone
Shells and trees and flowers and bees
Art in museum and art in the street
And let's not forget the greatest creations
Man, He created to take care of it!
I'd like to give them all a hug...
each and every one.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you missed the post below, I just want you to know that my friend, John Fogelman has woken up from his coma!!! Please join me in giving thanks and praise to our MIGHTY God who can do ANYthing! I know that John was sitting up last night and WANTED to talk though he can't because he has a tracheotomy - this is only temporary. He was pointing to things and questioning with his eyes. I'm sure he's very confused about all that's going on. (wait till he discovers a nurse accidentally shaved off the beard he's had for 30 years!!!) LOL! It will be okay... he will feel blessed to be alive!
Mom & I are on our way out the door to go see Luz & Amanda. I'll be back to visit more later!
Have a blessed day! (yep, even on a Friday!)
Mom & I are on our way out the door to go see Luz & Amanda. I'll be back to visit more later!
Have a blessed day! (yep, even on a Friday!)
Labels: Poem A Day







8 comment(s):
I love your poem. You are going soon to do some of this.
By
Nessa, at
4/17/2009 1:58 PM
This poem is so "you"!
By
Barbara H., at
4/17/2009 2:03 PM
I'm so happy for you Melli about your friend. I think thinking positive is the key. I'm very happy for you :)
By
Anonymous, at
4/17/2009 2:42 PM
The poem is great. Mine is done.
Glad John is doing so well.
I remember those first days. I was astonished I was alive.
I couldn't talk either because the ventilator had to be capped.
By
Dr.John, at
4/17/2009 3:20 PM
I also had ny Mom living with us for 4 years with Parkinsons and Alzheimers.
It took the whole family to care for her 24 hours a day but I am glad she stayed with us.
I miss her presence today.It made me feel good to have her sit with me.
BUT having said this.... after she was gone, I felt what freedom really was, like I experienced it for the first time in years.
It felt good.A big load off your mind.
You are a good person for doing this. Old people should stay with people they love and who love them.
By
A Lady's Life, at
4/17/2009 3:43 PM
I'm so happy your friend is feeling better!
Have fun with Amanda and Luz!
By
Jientje, at
4/17/2009 4:32 PM
How marvelous..God is a miracle worker for sure..We as people though really help by praying!! I am so proud of all of those that prayed for Judy..What a God we serve!!
By
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at
4/17/2009 5:05 PM
Great poem.
Miraculous news.
And I hope you had a grand day!
By
quilly, at
4/18/2009 5:21 AM
Post a comment
<< Home