Sepia Scenes... and not!
Sepia Scenes
If you look at the "original" photo below, you will see thatthis house is almost sepia all on it's own! But I went ahead and
made the entire photo sepia, and then just added a little bit
of texture to it. I would like it better if the texture wasn't
defined into lines across ... but I fiddled with it for quite a while
and they always showed up to one degree or another.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In a park across the street from the house in the photo above is the MOST endearing sculpture I have ever seen! I discovered it by accident, and fell immediately in love with it! I wish the fountain had been turned on that day....
Playing In The Rainby Dallas J. Anderson
The plaque on this sculpture reads
This sculpture is dedicated to the children of the Fox Valley and children throughout the world... Designed to be a celebration of childhood, an eloquent reminder that memories are forever preserved on the retina of the heart.
The figures are orchestrated in a horizontal-vertical compostion to represent human endeavors. We have our earthbound activities and involvements, which are represented by the horizontal. The vertical represents the spiritual aspects of life, the striving for something beyond. The columns symbolize the systems in our community that support the growth of our children.
And it was dedicated on
July 2, 1993
Here are some closer looks...
You can see the house across the street in this one.(this is when I actually noticed the houses in the area...
it was the sculpture that made me stop!)


If the fountain had been on... I mayvery well have been up there dancing
WITH this little girl!
Labels: Sepia Scenes








18 comment(s):
I would love to see that fountain with the water flowing! And I wouldn't mind a tour of that house, either!
By
quilly, at
5/07/2009 1:09 AM
I agree with Quilly. Excellent photos
By
Anonymous, at
5/07/2009 2:00 AM
I love that house! Where was Ella? I'm surprised she wasn't climbing up one of those poles. :-)
By
Tootie, at
5/07/2009 3:03 AM
You had fun with that new camera of yours!! Excellent pictures, Melli!
By
Jientje, at
5/07/2009 4:18 AM
I love the sepia photo, Melli. I think the lines, although not noticeable at first, actually add vintage to it!
By
Maribeth, at
5/07/2009 7:29 AM
I love the house. The sepia makes it look like the photo was taken YEARS ago!!!
By
Jane, at
5/07/2009 8:58 AM
I always wanted a house just like that. I love your photos. Very fascinating views.
By
Nessa, at
5/07/2009 9:00 AM
Hi!
Beautiful house! And that fountain if gorgeous! I'll bet it's really beautiful when it's on. Have a great day!!
Sherrie
By
Sherrie, at
5/07/2009 11:04 AM
Love that house! I'd love to see inside. And that sculpture is wonderful -- makes you want to climb and move along with them.
By
Barbara H., at
5/07/2009 11:38 AM
love the house and the fountain. Hope you can stop by to see my sepia scene and window view Thanks!
By
kayerj, at
5/07/2009 12:00 PM
That fountain is beautiful. The sculptures are so life like. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day.
By
nature ramblings, at
5/07/2009 12:46 PM
The house kind of reminds me of the Patsy Clark Mansion in Spokane, Wa.
http://www.patsyclarks.com/
Great sepia effect.
Love the fountain too, wish it was working, I bets it's spectacular.
By
kden, at
5/07/2009 3:17 PM
The house looks haunted. I bet there are secret passages :) Lovely photo!
Thanks for visiting my blog :)
By
Ninnu, at
5/07/2009 4:20 PM
Wonderful pictures. In Neenah you say. I'll have to visit there some day.
By
Dr.John, at
5/07/2009 6:28 PM
We have driven by but just looked at the houses and did not get out. there is an old house that you can go through. the first one with electricity,but I don't think Dr John could go.
By
bettygram, at
5/07/2009 8:31 PM
That is one of the most uplifting happy sculptures I've ever seen in my life. I love it for the joy it shows in every aspect.
By
Amber Star, at
5/07/2009 11:58 PM
I catch up too ! Love this statues ! very special !
By
Ingrid, at
5/08/2009 1:55 AM
Love how you made the sepia house into a sepia scene! The statues are delightful too :)
By
sunnymama, at
5/08/2009 3:52 PM
Post a comment
<< Home