Sepia Scenes.... & a Meme ...
Straight out of Little House on the Prairie, ain't it?All except I took it yesterday on our field trip!
More about THAT tomorrow!
******************
Another Meme... stolen from Thom... as usual.
1. What would you say is your biggest blessing? Well, I guess it would have to be that God chose ME! But right smack dab behind that is my family! Each one was a blessing as they entered my life. I knew it then... I know it now!
2. Do you shop on line…Home goods or personal items? Can you tell us what personal items you look for?? What DON'T I shop on line for!? I buy anything and everything on-line! Okay... I still buy MOST of my groceries in the store - but if I do buy most of my pasta on line... and bbq sauce too.
3. Name a song from your past that you have always loved. what year was it recorded? Okay! I'm not EVEN going to bring up Maggie Mae this time. You already know that's my favorite song of all time! This time I think I'll go with ... Grandma's Feather Bed! John Denver... and I'm guessing it was recorded around 1971 or 72...
4. If you found out there was a pedophile living in your neighborhood, would you take any action or ignore the fact? ??? What sort of action am I supposed to take? I AM assuming this is referring to someone who has been CONVICTED and released. I would not do anything other than to make sure he didn't get anywhere near Luz or any other child in my keep! I mean it really is a shame they don't have an apartment complex that is pedophiles only ... then we could all keep away... but ... you know HONESTLY I don't even BELIEVE this question was ASKED!!! WHAT kind of question is THIS for a meme???
5. If you could live in any city In the USA…what would it be. Well, I haven't visited NEARLY enough of them to really make a thoughtful decision about it -- but I really REALLY liked San Antonio when I was there! However... I also REALLY liked Columbus, OH!
6. What is the one city you wouldn’t live in even if you were paid to!? Meadeville, PA
7. If you were strapped for cash would you ask a parent or sibling for money? LOL! Well, the parents are history, so that wouldn't be happening. And I'm better off than most of my siblings... so I would have to say no. If I get strapped, I'll have to beg at church!!!
8. What is your most favorite thing to do to relax when you are not working? I am never working! And my FAVORITE thing, and the thing I do MOST are two entirely different things! My FAVORITE thing would be to travel. What I do most is blog or read.







18 comment(s):
That's a perfect shot, Melli, love it!!
Ohhhh, Maggie Mae... and John Denver...beautiful.
I don't shop online...mainly because the postal system here is ...rather unreliable and terribly slow. I have to have the things I buy right away!
By
MaR, at
7/02/2009 3:12 AM
Wonderful picture my Clementine. I so agree with you on No. 4. and I wonder why Meadeville, PA. I know I'm way far away from you but I've never heard of that :) I think 8 we all do :) Great answers and
Rabbit, rabbit
By
Anonymous, at
7/02/2009 4:24 AM
I'm very curious to heart the story behind the picture! Are they Amish or something? It makes a perfect Sepia!
Shopping online is not as popular in Belgium as it is in the States I guess. I can't see myself buying BBQ sauce online, honestly. No.
By
Jientje, at
7/02/2009 5:33 AM
I love to travel as well. And what I am most thankful for? My faith in God. I don't think I could make it through the day if I didn't have that.
By
Maribeth, at
7/02/2009 7:16 AM
G'day Melli. I didn't have time yesterday to come over and catch up on your posting for the last few days...but I read your comment you posted over at my blog.
I never heard of the John Denver song...Now I gotta go out to Imeem and listen to it.
And.....that photo of Luzi Goose in the inflated pool is just too precious.
By
Hootin Anni, at
7/02/2009 7:54 AM
PS....duh! Have a great holiday weekend.
By
Hootin Anni, at
7/02/2009 7:55 AM
Thanks for the visit! I enjoyed reading your meme for today--and polishing those peanuts yesterday :O)
Happy Independence Day weekend!
By
nonizamboni, at
7/02/2009 8:23 AM
Great picture, sepia is so atmospheric!
Great meme too!
By
Alastair, at
7/02/2009 9:16 AM
Where did you go on the outing yesterday to see someone with a rifle standing in a field of something or other? The picture really looked old with the sepia.
Rod Stewart was also one of my very favorite singers and Maggie Mae was one of his best.
What happened in that town in Pa.??
San Antonio is a lovely city, but HOT and HUMID in the summertime. I really love the Hill Country here in Texas. Gruene is close to there and has the oldest dance hall in Texas, and it is only hop skip and a jump to the Guadalupe or Comal rivers for tubing. Come back to Texas, Melli.
By
Amber Star, at
7/02/2009 9:59 AM
Great shot. It does look as if it would go with mine very well! It looks great in sepia.
As an aside....I love your "Watch your thoughts" saying. Very well done.
By
Donna Williams, at
7/02/2009 11:06 AM
I'm guessing your field trip was to some living history farm.
What really makes this shot, I think, is the tall grass.
A perfect sepia subject!
By
Carletta, at
7/02/2009 12:34 PM
Can't wait to hear about the field trip. I think the city I would not live in is NYC although it is fun to visit.
By
PJ, at
7/02/2009 1:25 PM
Your picture is perfect for sepia scenes.
I thought the pedophile question weird when i saw it at Thom's.
Are you against Meadville because of Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen or did you grow up there?
By
Nessa, at
7/02/2009 1:39 PM
Outstanding! And perfect for a sepia shot. Wonder what the guy is hunting with that anti-tank gun!
By
Mojo, at
7/02/2009 3:55 PM
that does look like something right out of a movie
By
Dianne, at
7/02/2009 4:05 PM
That does look like a genuine antique photo!
I buy a lot online, too. Beats driving in the heat and traipsing through stores -- only to find nothing.
#4 really is an odd question! I've sen several surveys on Facebook I've started but then find something off the wall, so I abandon them. I've thought about adapting some of them for the blog.
By
Barbara H., at
7/02/2009 4:31 PM
Great photo! I need to rush to your next post to find out more.
As to #8 on your meme -- me, me too!
By
quilly, at
7/02/2009 4:55 PM
When I was looking at your pix from St. Mary's city i was thinking the photos would look great sepia scenes. And then you did it! Happy 4th of July! :)
By
maryt/theteach, at
7/04/2009 10:33 AM
Post a comment
<< Home