Friday Fave 5
1. My Monday night Bible study started again after 2 weeks off. We had finished Judges 3 weeks ago (harrrrrd study), and then this week we have started studying Mark. This is such perfect timing for this newly released study because the next several weeks our gospel message is from Mark! I'm loving that! Our new Vicar has joined this study - as well as about half a dozen people who had taken the summer off - so it was really good to have him, and see them back and to have such a LARGE group! (for us 15 is large! Next week it should be 17 or 18!) And the thing is... we are a very "tight" group. Very close! But also very welcoming and inviting! I remember NEVER feeling like I didn't belong there.
2. A delivery from Amazon of some books that have been recommended by blog friends! A 2nd delivery brought me The Humor Of Christ, which Dr. John quoted last week. Lots of new reading material for me!

3. Three appointments this week that went off without a hitch! Mom had 2 Drs. in one day... which honestly could have been a NIGHTMARE - and I didn't plan it that way... but it happened. But she did GREAT and I am thankful! And then of course - my miracle trip to the DMV! Whoooo hoooo! I think I've had a GREAT week! It really IS the little things that count!
4. Chili! I made my first pot of the season this week! Ohhhhh YUM! With rice - and cornbread! Cheese and sour cream on top! Yes!
5. Last night I got to attend Luz's kindergarten Open House! It was sO much fun going to meet her teacher! And not only that, but because I formerly taught in this school, I ran into a LOT of old friends, and got (and gave) LOTS of hugs! And I've already signed up to be guest reader in Luz's classroom one Friday! YAY!
Labels: Friday Fave 5







15 comment(s):
Melli -- you will love "With the Word." It was so helpful top me with it's little insights. And I don't know which Bible you're using, but I have an NIV Study Bible, an Archaeological Study Bible and a Quest Study Bible. I've been known to consult them all but I keep my Quest closest to hand.
By
quilly, at
9/18/2009 3:50 AM
Chili!!! Mmmmm, yum, now YOU are making ME hungry!!! Sounds delicious!!!
You had a great week this week again Melli. I always love reading these posts!!
By
Jientje, at
9/18/2009 5:07 AM
Love Chili!
Glad you had such a good time last night at the open house!
I got an amazon book too!
"My Life In Paris" by Julia Child! Oh it is sooo good already!
By
Maribeth, at
9/18/2009 7:56 AM
Chili sounds good to me any time of year!
By
PJ, at
9/18/2009 8:04 AM
I LOVE CHILI!!! But, I will probably not be making any. Warren has a hard time with ground beef and I just can't think of chili without ground beef!!!!
Have you been to my blog yet....I made an announcement!!!
By
Jane, at
9/18/2009 8:18 AM
Oh, Melli. Your #3 reminded me that I have a dreaded dr appt today. But maybe I'll survive it after all. Your chili sounds lovely -- how can it not with sour cream and cheese?!
By
nikkipolani, at
9/18/2009 11:27 AM
Mr. G's mouth waters when he hears the word "Chili", lol ! You gave me an idea !
I can imagine that you had a lot of fun in Luz's kindergarten !
By
Ingrid, at
9/18/2009 11:32 AM
I see two books there I recommended!! Hope you enjoy them.
Glad the Bible study is back and going strong.
We have several appointments for various ones of us in the next two weeks -- not fun, but it will be good to get them over with. I am looking forward to getting my eyes checked, though.
I would love to hear you reading to Luz's class!!
By
Barbara H., at
9/18/2009 12:03 PM
Hi Melli, I found you through Suzanne. I love your header! What a great idea, all those smiling family faces. I also like to browse through people's books. To the Golden Shore (in your photo) looks interesting.
By
Karen, at
9/18/2009 12:11 PM
Oh how fun to attend Luz's open house! It's so hard to believe that she's school aged now. I know she'll love having you come and read to her class.
I can't wait to hear what you think of Shelter Me. I hope you like it.
Have a great weekend. And, btw, thanks for the comment about my DS 4 living with me FOREVER...maybe he and Derek could be roomies somewhere between MD and FL someday!!!! ;-)
Susan
By
Susan, at
9/18/2009 12:20 PM
How fun that your Luz is attending the same school where you were a teacher! Isn't it great when you don't have to wait and wait in line? (which is almost as bad as shopping!)
I'm so glad to know that there are others out there who don't like to shop. I thought I was all alone in the universe of consumerism!
By
Willow, at
9/18/2009 12:30 PM
Oh I bet the open house was wonderful :) And the Chili...mmm mmm good. It's still to dang hot here for it LOL. And like I said, I'm taking you with me to appointments. They always seem to go well for you :) Have a great weekend :)
By
Anonymous, at
9/18/2009 3:58 PM
Sounds like a real good Bible study group. Once I had fifty seven in a ten week study. It was great.
There are no little miracles when they happen to you. Each miracle is an out pouring of God's love and grace,
By
Dr.John, at
9/18/2009 5:49 PM
I was just thinking last night of all the wonderful foods I can hardly wait to start cooking again not that fall is around the corner. Soups, stews and chili was high on the list.
I love a box of books arrriving any day at my house!
By
Susanne, at
9/18/2009 6:10 PM
Hi Melli! Sounds like a very fulfilling week for you. I'm glad your Bible study group is all those things you mentioned....hmmm sounds like a Christ like group :0)
Oh I'm so in the mood for chili now!!
How very sweet to share that time with Luz and to be able to volunteer at your former school!!
By
ellen b., at
9/18/2009 7:38 PM
Post a comment
<< Home