All In a Day's Work...
We got more snow Thursday night. I woke up yesterday to "SURPRISE!" ... my phone was ringing and it was Amanda calling to tell me that she would be dropping Luz off in a minute! Luzi Loo had a two hour delayed opening at school. We had 2 or 3 inches I guess. So, I got up and quickly made coffee! Luz has gotten into this "new thing" - Last week when she was here we got out the crayons, and colored pencils and Nana's sticker basket, and we made pictures "together". One picture... we both work on it. She starts picking stickers to put on a blank paper, and then once she has 3 or 4 on there, we decide what the picture should be about. Then I draw some parts, and she draws some parts, and she colors it. THIS has become a favorite thing to do for her! I had forgotten all about it! LOL! But she reminded me this morning and sooooo two more pictures got made this morning! I really DO enjoy this with her! I get to see so much mORe of her creativity than I used to see. After that I turned on the television and let it babysit while I went out to clean off the car and see if I was going to be able to get out of the driveway. Fortunately I could with little effort. There were a few slick spots, but I made it! She wanted to ride the bus to school and I didn't have a CLUE what time that bus would arrive... so I just got us out there with PLENTY of time to spare! I guess we waited about 15 minutes...So yesterday was the first day of my "Live It" -- no diets here - just a Live It! Hahaha! Corny, huh? So, since I have to keep track of virtually EVERYthing, I can tell you that I pedaled for 20 minutes at 15 mph - thus going 4.86 miles. I drank 64+ oz. water -- not nearly enough -- but I pee'd all day and half the night anyway! I'm watching what I eat - but until I get time to go do a grocery shopping, I'm just not set UP for dieting yet! I need fruit! I need vegies! I needed to get rid of that corned beef brisket we had for dinner! LOL! I can't think of ANYthing LESS dietish than a corned beef brisket! I did well with all the other two meals though! But honestly this IS a full time job! This program expects us to chart every morsel that goes into our bodies, all exercise - type and time, our SPIRITUAL exercises - morning prayer, diet Bible study, prayers for others, praise & worship, Monday night Bible study, devotions, evening prayers... LOL! I spend almost as much time tracking it as I do DOING it! Sheeesh! (and they only give you a line _______this long_________ to right all those spiritual exercises in! Crazy... it's just crazy. I'm sure it's valuable! I'm just glad I don't have a job!
Today Luz & I have our big date. Sadly, Dennis has to work so I have to take Mom with. I don't "mind"... but it's just so much easier to keep up with Luz and let her have her 5 year old fun when I don't have to worry about not getting too far ahead of Mom and losing her. But we'll be fine... we'll be fine. I hope Luz is "enchanted" by it all! Did you forget where we're going? *SMILE!* We're off to see ICE! I never dreamed when I went the 2nd day it was open that I wouldn't get back there until the day before it closes! LOL! Such is life!
Y'all have a GREAT day!







5 comment(s):
The picture idea sounds like fun! Have fun today looking at ice while I stay in where it is warm. :-D
By
Anonymous, at
1/09/2010 9:47 AM
I couldn't chart what I ate and drank at all. I'd loose track. Oh well...Have a good time at ICE...I sure can't wait to see the pictures. Be safe in that cold weather :)
By
Anonymous, at
1/09/2010 10:26 AM
I do my best when I write down everything I'm eating and I see it all. Keeps me very honest.
Glad you and Luz have been getting so much time together. That is so special!
By
Maribeth, at
1/09/2010 1:03 PM
We never made it to ICE. :(
Will it come back next year?
Luz *is* very creative. I love the way those pictures develop into a joint project.
And yes, tracking everything is time consuming! That is one of the reasons I have not been doing it for the past few months; however, when I don't do it, I gain the weight back. *sigh* Accountability isn't always pleasant, but it DOES work!
By
Anonymous, at
1/09/2010 1:23 PM
Okay, I drank 64 oz of water yesterday -- and today while on a TOUR I had THREE different near explosions before I could get to a bathroom.
Sounds like drawing with Luz is fun. Can I?
By
Charlene Amsden, at
1/10/2010 5:21 AM
Post a comment
<< Home