.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Monday, January 04, 2010

Is This CHICAGO???

I am bad! I am soooooooo bad! I missed CHURCH yesterday ... because it was too cold! Honestly! I felt bad about it all day because all I could think was how much Jesus suffered on that cross, but I wouldn't even go out to church because it was COLD! Needless to say, I am paying the price in guilt - probably not God invoked... He's in the business of forgiving! No, I'm invoking the guilt on myself -- but I bet Dr. John made it to church! And I bet it was even COLDER in Neenah! And he's a frail little ol' man... (he's gonna swat me for that one!) Okay... so maybe he had his SUPER John cape on! Now, how cold WAS it? Well, at church time it was only 20F out. With the wind chill it felt like 5F! We were under a "WiND Advisory"... what does that mean??? Don't go out cuz you'll get BLOWN off the road??? I dunno. I do know the BIRDS were havin' a heck of a time! I told Dennis they needed food in the feeder. They kept coming to it, but there was nothing there. And they were fighting these WINDS to get to it!

LOOK! Poor little guy came to an
empty feeder! But look at the wind
blowing it! LOL!
If it wasn't metal and a little heavy it
would probably blow away!


And look at THIS one!
This little guy was getting a WILD ride!
It doesn't just blow side to side - it spins round!
He was holdin' on tight!

So, I made the comment to Dennis that I couldn't believe the poor little birds were COMING to the feeders - and HE made the comment that he couldn't believe they could FLY! (really... they should have been snuggled up in the nest in front of a nice warm fire, roasting worms in a basket!) The wind was crazy - it really was! So I said they really deserve to have some food IN that bird feeder if they were going to go to the trouble of getting to it. But I wasn't going out to put any in there! If I won't go to church, I'm not going out for the birds! (see how BAD I am?) Dennis did! He was such a good boy! Well... okay... he WAS heading to Walmart anyway! Oh! And hear's a guys logic for ya... He was going to Walmart to buy bullets - cuz he used most of his up at the firing range the other day... but they were OUT of bullets... so he bought a DVD player instead. ??? Guy logic! And the food in the bird feeder spilled out when the wind blew. *sigh* You should have seen the flag pole too! It wouldn't be noticeable in a photo - but it was bowing like I was sure it wasn't gonna make it through the day! This is NOT the Windy City... but I don't think I could prove it yesterday!

This was nice though...

And while sipping hot tea, I got a message from a friend.
It told me that I'm adorable with wrinkles!
Now THAT's a good friend!
( i think )


11 comment(s):

Ewwww, it's COLD in Belgium as well!
and I filled the feeders here too. They're already feasting on it! Your fire looks warm and inviting! I have to go out this afternoon, but I think I will walk. I'm NOT getting on a bike today, much too cold!

By Blogger Jientje, at 1/04/2010 7:19 AM  

We did go out yesterday, but I was a bit grumbly over the cold. Our preacher had some excellent sermons to perk me up though (on being a JOYFUL Christian!). I am REALLY going to be grumbly about going to work today. It is nine degrees out :(.

By Blogger Jennifer, at 1/04/2010 8:18 AM  

I didn't go out either. Too cold! And we had a nice fire as well.
No one told me that my wrinkles were cute, so you win the day!

By Anonymous Maribeth, at 1/04/2010 9:16 AM  

I got down to 17 here Sat. night -- I think it was up to the 20s somewhere by church time. It didn't feel too bad except when the wind blew -- we had some, but not as bad as what yours sounds like.

It was harder to get out to take Jesse to school today (need to get that boy his license! LOL!) I don't know why -- maybe because it was earlier and therefore colder, maybe just first day after vacation lethargy.

By Anonymous Barbara H., at 1/04/2010 9:16 AM  

I love your fireplace. It's pretty cold here too, we may get to freezing tonight.

By Blogger PJ, at 1/04/2010 11:19 AM  

WOOT!!! A new DVD player. How awesome. Boy that wind must have been really something. I think you made a wise choice of staying in myself. Better to be safe than sorry :) Besides God must understand that kind of thing.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/04/2010 1:04 PM  

keen observations on nature, the empty bird feed..
lovely fireplace indoor,
thank you for sharing, sharing is caring.

happy 2010!
best wishes.


http://www.jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com
just in case you wonder my location.

By Blogger Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall, at 1/04/2010 1:23 PM  

A business phone conference (involving several time zones & countries) kept us home yesterday morning and we had NO weather issues at all. We did, however, attend our final Sunday Evening praise service at Harris UMC -- and we took our last communion as members of the church. It was sad. They prayed over us.

Then we went to the annual choir New Year's potlock and they roasted Amoeba and made me laugh until I cried. It was wonderful.

By Anonymous quilly, at 1/04/2010 3:46 PM  

SuperDad has been filling the bird feeder here, but it was definitely too cold to spend time outdoors! My oldest son was dog-sitting and needed to spend time throwing the ball for the dogs. He was still chilled to the bone hours later.

We missed church when there was 23" of snow on the ground. It was possible to get out but cozier to stay in. Sometimes we make those choices. Don't beat yourself up over it -- perhaps you managed to avoid a cold on a day you would have been susceptible to getting one.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/04/2010 4:09 PM  

Yep, I went to Church. It was five above and we always have wind at this time of year. But this poor frail old man got there.

By Blogger Dr.John, at 1/04/2010 6:57 PM  

Your adorable all the time. Your fire looks really inviting as I sit at my desk in an unheated room between two space heaters. Sending you warm thoughts....I'm trying to catch up on blogging. Miss you.

By Blogger Lazy Daisy, at 1/06/2010 2:30 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home