Dr. John's Self-made Meme...
I swiped this one from Dr. John yesterday, having no idea that I would have nothing to say today and therefor needing it! I am really REALLY ready for winter to GO now! I'm tired of not wanting to go out everyday!1. When was the last time you tried something new?
Well, I've been trying a LOT of new recipes lately... but that's really just a new mixture of old favorites... Oh! I know! I tried an "orange" flavored coffee! I don't usually care much for fruity flavored coffees, but I have tried blueberry and orange and for something "different" from time to time, they are both nice!
2. What is the last thing you bought online? Did it work?
Books. Yep! All the pages turned!
3. Are you a hoarder? If you aren’t, how close to being a hoarder are you?
I am not a hoarder. Dennis is a hoarder. The older we get, the more I see MY house becoming like his parents house. It is driving me CRAZY! Of course, the basement is full of "stuff" that my children are not hoarding at their OWN places... but they don't want to get rid of yet!
4. Would you ever allow This Old House to film your home remodel?
I'm sorry... but I would not allow Bob Villa and Norm to get anywhere near THIS old house!
5. How good are you at keeping secrets?
On a scale of 1-10 with ten being zipped lips, I am an 11!
6. Are you a grown-up? How do you know?
I will NEVER grow up! Why would I even WANT to? Where is the FUN in that? God doesn't even want me to grow up! He wants me to maintain a "child-like faith" ... that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
7. It’s fantasy tea-party time … you can invite any three people for cakes and sandwiches and scones and tea! Of course this is different from fantasy dinner party because it’s tea and is such it’ll need to be more refined and you’ll probably need to wear a frock So, tell us, who are you inviting to our very British fantasy tea party?
I am breaking all the rules and having a fantasy tea BANQUET! EVERYONE is invited! How could I possibly select only 3 of you? No way!
8. Do you freak out at the sight of a blemish?
When I get up in the morning and look in the mirror, my hair is standing on end, my eyes are bagging down to my chin, and I only have 12 teeth in my mouth. And I should FREAK over a blemish??? You have GOT to be kidding me! I just accept is part of my scaevity!
9. If you could go to the land of make-believe for one day, what would you most want to experience?
She can fly, she can fly, she can fly she can fly she can flyyyyyyyyyyy! And she would fly into Pigeon Falls!
10. What is your soda of choice these days? Could you give it up?
Fresca. And I almost have! I sometimes remember to open one by around 4 or 5 o'clock in the afternoon ... but then I forget to drink it. When you're drinking 64 oz. of water a day thirst really isn't much of an issue!







9 comment(s):
Now I understand why it rains non stop here ! you have nothing to say ??? a miracle, lol !
By
Ingrid, at
1/28/2010 11:09 AM
Great answers my darlin' I love Number 9. Well done :)
By
Anonymous, at
1/28/2010 12:04 PM
Interesting meme. I've been seeing the word "scaveity" around lately. I looked it up and here is the definition. It is a lost word.
scaevity n 1623 -1658
unluckiness; left-handedness
She attributed her failure to evil forces, but her family felt it was a matter of scaevity.
http://phrontistery.info/clw4.html
I scored on the Southern Living magazine on Amazon. They have specials from time to time and I snagged that one for me and for my daughter.
Stay safe and warm. Curl up with a good book. I'm really liking that one I told you about. "The Help" is the name. I swear I thought I was going to have a heart attack last night from the tension and possibilities of horrible danger in it.
By
Amber Star, at
1/28/2010 3:16 PM
I don't think I'd like fruit-flavored coffee, either.
I used to be a hoarder. I'm better at not adding to the "piles," but still need to go back and sort through things.
When's the banquet? :-)
By
Barbara H., at
1/28/2010 5:11 PM
Congrats on Dr. John's new meme.
I love the sense of humor in your witty answers.
TY for the prayers :). My Mom needs them.
Have a blessed day.
By
RA, at
1/28/2010 5:41 PM
Loved your answers to my meme. I like the way you worked the word in.
Isn't inviting everybody when your always complaining about how little room you have to feed people sort of cheating?
By
Dr.John, at
1/28/2010 6:42 PM
Peter Pan, ahoy!! :)
I am totally imagining Luz in a tea party dress with you. I hope you have at least done that! But someday, we will be at that huge banquet and what joy that will be! :)
Luckily, my eyes can't focus that well in the morning, so I don't really see what I look like until my hair settles down and the coffee has eased the sleepies away.
By
Anonymous, at
1/28/2010 11:57 PM
#5 -- me, too!
#6 -- me, too!
And Thom will be here any minute! Yay!
By
quilly, at
1/29/2010 5:18 PM
Might have to try this one too.
Hugs,
Susan
By
Susan, at
2/01/2010 1:34 PM
Post a comment
<< Home