Happy Birthday ... and a Strange Scenario...
Happy Birthday!!!
Right before Baby Girl helped him blow out his candles!(and he needed all the help he could get!)
The kids will ALL be here for dinner tonight!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Scenario Meme
(I stole this one from Thom yesterday!)
1. You see a strange car pull up to your neighbor’s house every day at lunch time. You accidental glance into the window of the house and notice that your ‘happily married neighbor’ is fooling around! What do you do? My neighbors live 3 acres away... it's hard to SEE in their windows! But IF I should accidentally see in their window, and catch one of them fooling around, it would depend on how good of friends we are how I would handle it. It would also probably depend which partner it was doing the fooling. (I might tell Dennis and have HIM talk to one of them.) But if I was very close with them I would talk to the cheater... let them know that I know, and that they should come clean with their spouse BEFORE I do. But this is ONLY if I am VERY close to them! If I barely know them, I am probably going to turn my head and know nothing unless asked.
2. You are at the mall and a mom with really annoying screaming little kids is walking in front of you. She goes to give her kids a quarter for the giant gum ball machine and she accidentally drops a $10 bill and doesn’t realize it. What do you do? I am going to pick up that $10 and give it back to her. And while she's putting it away I'm going to tell the screaming child how fortunate he/she is that I am not their mommy, because if I were they would be getting something -- but it wouldn't be a gumball!
3. You get an email from a candy company telling you that they will send you 6 pounds of delicious chocolate if you blog about their product. When you get the product and try it you realize that it is the worst chocolate that you have ever tasted. What do you do? I spit out the candy. I MAY send it back to them... or I may trash it. And then I would blog about it. HONESTLY!
4. Texting while driving is one of the most dangerous and annoying things someone could do. Yet, what would you do if you were driving and listening to the radio when the announcer says that he will give $10,000 to the first person with your name that texts a message to him? Shoot... I really WOULD keep driving! As slow as I am at texting I wouldn't stand a CHANCE of being the first -- even if my name were Fziplem! Okay... if my name really WERE obscure, I would pull over and then send the text! But being's how I can NEVER acquire "Melli" as my username on ANYTHING, I'm sure I'd keep driving!
5. You’ve been invited to your boss’s house for a dinner party. It’s dark out and there is poor lighting when you get there. As soon as you get inside you realize that you have stepped in dog poop and you have tracked into your boss’s house. What do you do? I apologize (even though it's really not my fault - but still, I'm sorry it happened!) and then I ask where the restroom is so that I can go clean my shoe. And I MIGHT show up to work on Monday morning with a pooper scooper for the boss -- with a big red bow!
6. You are at a restaurant waiting for your food to arrive. You’ve waited nearly 30 minutes since the moment you placed your order when your food finally shows up. There is a hair on the top of the food. Do you send it back and wait another 30 minutes or do you deal? I really am a bit of a germaphobe. I am definitely sending the food back, and I am definitely leaving the restaurant -- but not without letting the manager know why. Kindly of course.
7. If you had the power to do so, what would be the one question that you would like to ask anyone who reads this? What a silly question! I believe I DO have the power to do so... you're reading... I can ask anything I want! Doesn't mean you have to answer it! Doesn't mean I have to ask it either. Just knowing I CAN is good enough for me. So... will I ask? Sure... when the Devil rides to work on a snow mobile! :)








15 comment(s):
Hau`oli La Hanau to your Pirate Man. Why didn't you take one this year? LOL. Great photos. WOOT we have number 3 in common...I would blog about it to and say how crappy it was LOL and send it back COD. LOL And I was going to say pffft to your last question because I wanted to use that in this comment. So I just might. When the Devil rides to work on a snow mobile change your name to A You can definitely then win the 10,000 :)
By
Anonymous, at
1/19/2010 12:38 AM
Happy Birthday, Dennis! And many Happy more.
All your answers rock, Melli. You know I would do exactly the same on two and three.
By
quilly, at
1/19/2010 1:14 AM
Happy birthday to your husband! :)
I'm laughing about giving your boss a beribboned pooper scooper. I don't think I'd be that brave!
By
Anonymous, at
1/19/2010 2:57 AM
I would never hang my nose in other peoples marriages or love stories. Even if they are close friends. I have learned that at the end it's always you the bad person. Some man or woman just close their eyes and don't want to know ! that exists too !
Dog poop brings luck (at least here) so I would tell my boss that I brought in some luck but I need the bathroom because it stinks.
By
Ingrid, at
1/19/2010 3:08 AM
And of course HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Dennis !
By
Ingrid, at
1/19/2010 3:08 AM
I missed a birthday....well, let me wish him a belated happy wish today then!!
What no picture of your pirate this year then?
By
Hootin Anni, at
1/19/2010 7:46 AM
Happy Birthday to Dennis!
Also, Melli, I just love you! You and I are cut from the same cloth, as your answers suggest!
By
Maribeth, at
1/19/2010 7:58 AM
Happy Birthday to Uncle Dennis!!!
By
Unknown, at
1/19/2010 9:59 AM
Happy Birthday, Pirate Dennis! Have lots of fun tonight.
Those scenarios and your answers are very funny.
By
Nessa, at
1/19/2010 10:11 AM
You know when the devil rides to work on a snowmobile is the day I will figure out that when this shows up in my reader you are talking about the next day ROFLMAO
By
Anonymous, at
1/19/2010 11:35 AM
Happy Birthday to Dennis!
My answers to all of these would be pretty similar except I'd try to clean my shoe off outside rather than in the bathroom, and I would not have thought of the pooper scooper, but that's perfect!
By
Barbara H., at
1/19/2010 12:40 PM
Happy Birthday Dennis. Your title was enough to send me into gales of laughter (so that should tell you what kind of day I'm having!) Interesting scenario.
I wasn't at all surprised by any of your answers. I did like the pooper scooper with the ribbon though! That is a classic!
Miss you.
By
Lazy Daisy, at
1/19/2010 1:06 PM
Happy Birthday to the pirate man LOL!
And congratulations on getting the Devil on his snowmobile---now I have to work out how to do the same, hmmm....!
By
Susan at Stony River, at
1/19/2010 5:55 PM
Happy birthday to Dennis.Loved your answers particularly the answer to seven.
By
Dr.John, at
1/19/2010 6:27 PM
Happy Birthday Dennis! I'm sure it was a wonderful day!
By
Jientje, at
1/20/2010 3:13 AM
Post a comment
<< Home