.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Monday, February 15, 2010

He Is Going To Be SO Missed....

In Memory Of

Rev. Dr. John Linna



Betty's husband, life partner... but mostly, best friend.
I can not be MORE thankful to have had the opportunity
to spend 10 days visiting with them... laughing hysterically,
and loving the life and the family they built together.
They are gonna miss him.
Pray for them.

A Child of God.
A Man of God.
A Man of the Cloth.
Pastor John Linna giving the children's message at St. Mark's
last April. Since the first time I read one of his sermon's on his
blog, I have been sorry that I never got to "listen" to him give
a sermon. I'm certain he was a powerful speaker. He certainly
had a powerful heart for our Lord.
St. Mark's will miss him.
Pray for them.

Dr. John... railroad engineer and imagineer of Pigeon Falls.
Tommy UK, Tommy TW, and all the other Tommy's as
well as Pastor Joan, Herman, and Nancy are now
entertaining Moses, St. Peter, and Jesus...
around the canasta table!
His blog friends will miss them all.
Pray for us.

The silliest, funniest, most life-lovingest,
adventure seeker I've ever met! A
man right after my own heart!
I will miss him.
Pray for me.

Dr. John, you LIT up my life for such a short time...
but you will live in my heart forever!
I LOVE you Pastor!
Give Jesus a HUG for me!!!


14 comment(s):

Oh My Darlin' this is a wonderful tribute and I started with the tears all over yet again. He was one of a kind and I'm so thankful to have gotten to be his friend. He will be missed but we will all have memories. What wonderful photos and an great tribute. My thoughts and aloha are with Betty and his family. Rest In Peace Sir!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/15/2010 11:37 PM  

Melli, this is such a beautiful post. I love the images you captured of Dr. John from your visit. You have just brought more of him to us, and like Thom, my tears have started again from the reading of it.
Yes, I am praying for you because I know you will greatly miss him, and I am praying for Betty and the rest of his family.
But I am also relieved to know that he is no longer suffering. Heaven is indeed going to be a wonderful place and a giant reunion party! ♥

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/15/2010 11:59 PM  

I am so glad to know he is totally "well" now, but he will be so sorely missed among those who knew and loved him. This is a wonderful tribute. I am so glad you got to be with them earlier. I will be praying.

By Anonymous Barbara H., at 2/16/2010 12:09 AM  

Every tribute breaks and heals my heart. There is a great big Dr. John shaped hole in the blogosphere.

By Anonymous quilly, at 2/16/2010 12:16 AM  

What a beautiful post, Melli. He sure made a difference in the blogosphere, from what I am reading...
My heart goes to his family and many friends. He will be remembered.

By Blogger MaR, at 2/16/2010 1:49 AM  

I am so sad Melli, I just read it on Thom's blog. He was such a special man. I loved his sermons to and read it each sunday. They were so human and sometimes even funny and never boring.
He certainly will be missed very much !

By Blogger Ingrid, at 2/16/2010 3:30 AM  

Oh dear. What a lovely tribute you made for dr. John. I'm so sorry.

By Blogger Jientje, at 2/16/2010 3:50 AM  

Beautiful Melli.

He will be greatly missed by so many.

By Blogger Nessa, at 2/16/2010 5:19 AM  

Thank you for the tribute to Dr John Melli, I'm a teeny bit of jealousy on my part that you got to visit him and Betty - but that's because, as you say, he was so life affirming and inspiring! I look forward to meeting him....

By Blogger Alastair, at 2/16/2010 7:37 AM  

Praise God, that Dr. John lived such a beautiful life. He spread the word of God's love for us, and lived each day with Betty full of life, laughter and love. What an inspiration to us all!
Rest in peace with our Savior!

By Anonymous Maribeth, at 2/16/2010 9:48 AM  

Dear Melli, I am so sorry for your loss of Rev. Dr. John...I will say a prayer for you and his family to ease your broken hearts..

It was wonderful that you got to visit him before his passing.He must have been a caring and great man of God.Now he will be watching down on you all of the time.
Love and hugs, Baba

By Blogger Baba, at 2/16/2010 9:58 AM  

What a lovely tribute Melli. I did not follow his blog so I only know who he is through you. Obviously, he must have been a very special man. I am sure he left a mark on many people in this world.

By Blogger Jane, at 2/16/2010 12:37 PM  

Beautiful Tribute Melli, Thank you

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/16/2010 5:11 PM  

Melli, I was so sad to read this. I remember well your visit there and that's how I "knew" Dr. John. What a wonderful man of faith! Thank you for sharing him once again with us. I'm praying for you as well as his family.

Hugs,

Susan

By Blogger Susan, at 2/17/2010 9:41 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home