Random Dozen #23

1. Are you pleasant when you're ill, or are you a grumpy, fussy patient?
I don't know if "pleasant" exactly describes it. I'm not a witch! Usually I'm just asleep. Leave me alone and I'll be fine when I feel fine. But when I've had to be hospitalized for surgery... the nurses LOVE me. I really GET how much they have to listen to people whine, so I go out of my way NOT to whine and to be as self sufficient as I can possibly be.
2. When you find out that school is canceled (due to inclement weather) what is your gut reaction? It has always be YAY! When I was a student, when I was a Mom, when I was a teacher, and now that I'm a Nana!
3. What is one domestic skill you wish you could improve?
Ohhhhhh boy... all of them! I used to be SO domestic... and the older I get the less domestic I am. I wish I really ENJOYED cleaning my house. I know some women who DO!
4. Do you decorate your home for Valentine's Day? NO!
5. What song is on your mind today?
Actually... none.
6. Do you prefer contemporary movies or classic?
Classic. That doesn't mean I want to sit down and watch one. It just means that if I'm bedbound and can't use my laptop that I would PREFER a classic movie to something new.
7. How well do you "compartmentalize" your feelings? For example, how well can you put aside a really trying moment to deal with the immediate situation which is not related to the trying moment, e.g., putting aside a tiff with your spouse in order to finish wallpapering a room.
It really depends on the urgency of the something else. AND the intensity of my feelings. Sometimes I can do that easily... other times... not so much. Of course, it's much EASIER to put aside gleeful, joyful, happy feelings than it is to put aside anger, frustration or sorrow.
8. What is the first thing that attracted you to your spouse? (Or if you're single, to your best friend.)
Hm. I'm not really sure. Dennis was my foreman first, and over the months became a very good friend. He was easy to talk to and knew a LOT about the trade I was trying to learn, so he was a great helpmate. Our "relationship" just sort of grew out of that. So, I'm not really SURE what attracted me first. He was CUTE. But it wasn't that. I think it was probably just the fact that we clicked as friends.
9. When was the last time your heart raced?
Probably the day my daughter called to tell me our son had been in an accident and totaled his car. That was a few years ago. We were on our way home from dropping his twin off at college.
10. What are your memories of Valentine's Day at school?
Little heart covered shoe boxes with a slot in the top, and candy message hearts.
11. If you were going to receive candy for Valentine's Day, which would you prefer?
I do like Whitman's Sampler! But I really love Lindt chocolates... especially the truffles!
12. Red or pink? Red.
Labels: Random Dozen







21 comment(s):
#3 -- I pretend I'd like to be more domestic!
#11 -- Godiva.Dark.Chocolate.
By
quilly, at
2/10/2010 2:13 AM
#3 - I don't believe you really know women who LIKE to clean. I don't think they exist. If they do - craziness.
#11 - I love the Lindt truffles in white chocolate.
Dam
By
Nessa, at
2/10/2010 5:55 AM
I don't enjoy cleaning....but I do enjoy the way my house looks and smells from cleaning. lol. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, SusanD
By
SusanD, at
2/10/2010 8:51 AM
Of course it wasn't that he was cute, Melli, no couldn't have been that (smile)
By
Heidi, at
2/10/2010 9:12 AM
I am the exact same way as a patient. And when hearing about snow days! And I love Lindt truffles.
By
Barbara H., at
2/10/2010 9:14 AM
I never celebrated Valentine's ! when I was I was 20 it didn't exist. It only moved in slowly in the last years, just like Halloween, coming from America ! Now the shop windows are full of hearts and cupids etc.
By
Ingrid, at
2/10/2010 9:55 AM
I don't have any domestic skills.. I need an overall improvement, lol!
By
MaR, at
2/10/2010 10:53 AM
I had for gotten about Whitman's samplers. The little yellow boxes, I would get one from my Dad, as a teenager.
By
Thena, at
2/10/2010 11:10 AM
Since we are dreaming....Lindt Truffles....Yum!
By
Maribeth, at
2/10/2010 12:12 PM
I am with you on the cleaning. I am not one of those women who love to clean. I wish I did but eh. My husband actually kinda likes to clean so we make a pretty good team.
Enjoy your day!
By
Joyce, at
2/10/2010 12:15 PM
Oh my Dad always got us the tiny Whitman Samplers for Christmas when I was little!
You're right - our answers are amazingly similar! Send your friend who loves to clean bathrooms to my house, please!!
By
Mocha with Linda, at
2/10/2010 3:28 PM
# 6 - sweet.
How many of us like truffles! I wonder if the spouses are reading this???
By
Angie, at
2/10/2010 3:45 PM
Okay Melli -- give it up! What trade were you learning that Dennis was the foreman? It sounds like a whole 'nother story here!
And . . . I have FINALLY had enough snow days now. You're in my area so you know what I'm saying. Fairfax County just announced closed through Friday. Sigh.
By
SouthLakesMom, at
2/10/2010 4:14 PM
You know he was totally scoping you out on that job!
Thanks for your delightful answers, as always, Melli!
By
2nd Cup of Coffee, at
2/10/2010 5:04 PM
Ah, Whitmans Sampler! You did a great job here. I did it for the first time at http://wtit.blogspot.com. Have a great night.
By
Bud Fisher, at
2/10/2010 6:10 PM
#9? Yeah that would make any mama's heart race!
Yummy to Whitman samplers.
By
Susanne, at
2/10/2010 6:26 PM
Enjoyed your answers. I am with you on the cleaning house, I am in luck tho. My hubby's neice lives with us and that is her thing, so she keeps our house clean.
until next time... nel
By
Nel, at
2/10/2010 7:31 PM
I forgot about RD! I'll get mine up tomorrow.
I'm beginning to think snow is a word with 4 letters, although Blizzard is really the problem today!
Enough, already!!
By
Anonymous, at
2/10/2010 8:22 PM
I really like those little hearts with words for Valentines Day.
By
bettygram, at
2/11/2010 1:02 AM
It's not that I like cleaning so much but I love a neat and tidy house, and I love how good it smells afterwards. I don't mind domestic chores, and I'm a happy camper because I get to stay at home and do just that. No need top go out and work for a grumpy boss!
By
Jientje, at
2/11/2010 4:34 AM
Hi Melli -
I'm Judd Corizan from the meme Sunday Stealing. (http://sundaystealing.blogspot.com) I thought I'd take the time to invite you and all Random Dozen players to join us this and every Sunday. We have a group of great players who participate. We usually post by 3PM Eastern time on Saturdays.
Thanks!
Judd
By
Bud Fisher, at
2/13/2010 3:56 PM
Post a comment
<< Home