I Live! I Live! I Truly Live!
Ohhhhhh GOOD MORNING Friends!!! It has been soooooooo long! I don't think I EVER remember being this busy in my life! Vacation Bible School is OVER and I will share it with you over the course of the next few days! I'm still crazy busy today though... I am preparing and serving dinner for 25 down at our homeless shelter tonight! My oven is out of commission, so I am going over to Amanda's to do all the cooking, and then I have to transport the HOT food down to the shelter and serve it up. Of course, TODAY our temps are down to around 79 degrees. It's been 101, 102, 103 all week -- but today when I NEED my trunk to be like an oven ... *grin* ... ohhhh welllllllllll! Sooooooooo...VBS -- Day 1
The Lesson - Luke 2:41-52
in which the young boy, Jesus, visits the temple.
The Lesson - Luke 2:41-52
in which the young boy, Jesus, visits the temple.
Of course, since our theme was Planet ZOOM - which isn't outer space at all - but a friendly little BEE HIVE - all of our lessons were centered around bees! I started my day each day as Barb Bee, acting plant manager of the hive. On day one I meet Scout Bee who's job is to go out and find pollen and lead the other busy bees to it. Scout and I discuss how every bee has a different job to do and that MY job is finding problems and solving them in the hive. So, Scout is looking for pollen... I am looking for problems... and we send the children out to look for answers! Today the answers they were looking for were to "who was looking for something/someone in our story today - and who/what were they looking for?" Then I send them on their way and I zzzzip down to Honeycomb Crafts to do my OTHER job!
This was our craft for today!
My lesson spoke of how Jesus went to the temple (and explaining that a "temple" was like a church -- and YES, we DID put crosses on OUR temples!) to learn and memorize scripture JUST LIKE WE DO! But He also went to seek and save the lost (which was our "take home" point for the day) ... But at the Storyteller, they would learn that Mary & Joseph "lost" Jesus and had to go back and find Him!
And here are some of my favorite shots of the day...
And here are some of my favorite shots of the day...
A very busy table of little bees!
(we had 10 four year olds)
This little guy stole my heart!
Look at the tongue!
Such concentration!
The older kids really liked this craft too!
(I was surprised... I thought it might be ... boring for them)
And... the light of my life!
SHE had a BLAST this week!!!
LOVED every minute!
I had THIS honeycomb in my classroom for when they were
finished their craft - they were allowed to play in it. It was a
HUUUUUUUGE HIT!!!

(we had 10 four year olds)
This little guy stole my heart!
Look at the tongue!Such concentration!
The older kids really liked this craft too!(I was surprised... I thought it might be ... boring for them)
And... the light of my life!SHE had a BLAST this week!!!
LOVED every minute!
I had THIS honeycomb in my classroom for when they werefinished their craft - they were allowed to play in it. It was a
HUUUUUUUGE HIT!!!

Of course, at the end of the day, I zzzzip back up to the sacristy (in full bee regalia) to continue my conversation with Scout and the kids! We find that Scout did indeed find pollen, and the boys and girls did indeed find out that Mary and Joseph FOUND Jesus, back at the temple talking to the priests and teachers. And the reason He was doing that was because He came to seek and save the lost! And how all of Heaven rejoices (with singing and dancing!!!) every time Jesus finds another lost person!
That's all for now!
I SHALL return!
:)
I SHALL return!
:)










12 comment(s):
Ah Melli ! you did a wonderful job ! when I look at these pictures, what fun the kids seem to have ! I would have come too I promise, although yellow is not really my color, but there are red bees too ? Maybe ? I mean Jesus wouldn't mind about a red bee !
When I read this and compare what the catholic church is doing here, I just could send them all to hell ! What I hear everyday are new scandals about priest pedophiles ! It's so insane ! That's why I always say that church has nothing to do with faith !
Marieken looks as if she had swallowed a little soccer ball, it rounds up ! She seems to feel very well.
By
Ingrid, at
7/10/2010 10:18 AM
Thank goodness you checked in this afternoon. I was ready to send you an email....like that would do any good. *L* I'm glad you have been happy in what you are doing. I was ready to go searching for you, and would have found you in the house of your Father. I had to go look up the two times I could remember Him being in the temple. First time he was learning, second time He was kicking some booty, and throwing moneylenders out...he was plenty hacked off about what was going on there. :) I've missed you, dear friend.
By
Amber Star, at
7/10/2010 3:44 PM
It is so good to hear from you again! Sounds like such a fun and beneficial VBS -- but exhausting, too! I am so glad Luz loved it!
By
Anonymous, at
7/10/2010 4:16 PM
Blogger said my first comment didn't go through, so hear it is again -- hope it's not a repeat!
It is so good to hear from you again! Sounds like such a fun and beneficial VBS -- but exhausting, too! I am so glad Luz loved it!
By
Anonymous, at
7/10/2010 4:17 PM
Oh my darlin' It's good to know that you are alive and well. I knew you were and that VBS was taking all your time and how fun it is. WOW Such marvelous pictures. I love 'em :) Sure do miss you but I know you will return. Hope the heat doesn't get to ya :) xoxoxo
By
Anonymous, at
7/10/2010 5:29 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
By
Anonymous, at
7/10/2010 5:29 PM
I knew you were busy as a bee with VBS, so I'm glad you remembered to take some pictures to share with us! I love the decorations, the craft, and the color! :)
I know your favorite color is orange, but to me you are sunny yellow in spirit. :)
Now I am buzzing (sort of like humming, only BUZZing) the song: "I've got the JOY JOY JOY JOY down in my HEART!"
Bzzzz Bzzzz Bzzz BZZ BZZ BZZ BZZ bzzz bzz bzz BZZZZ!! ♥
Our VBS starts tomorrow and I am thrilled to say that they put me in the nursery to snuggle and cuddle and play with the babies!! I haven't gotten to do that in YEARS!!!
Thanks so much for posting today, Melli. You make me smile. :)
By
Karen (formerly kcinnova), at
7/10/2010 6:55 PM
welcome back!
By
tilden talks..., at
7/10/2010 11:59 PM
Melliii, I have missed youuuu!!
By
MaR, at
7/11/2010 1:50 AM
What absolutely wonderful lessons! Our VBS starts Monday and I am running the sound board for the pre-singing and the post-play. I didn't sign up to teach because I was supposed to be off island with Amoeba, but instead decided to stay home and have my family come instead. I can still be part of VBS, but still be free to come and go without tons of prep.
I know we have a jungle theme, but that's about it. I hope I love this as much as you enjoyed yours!
By
Charlene Amsden, at
7/11/2010 2:58 AM
Great to see you back! We've all missed you! I knew you had VBS so I wasn't too worried, but kept you in my prayers none the less! Find out tomorrow if Anneliese is preggers! Keep you fingers crossed!
By
Maribeth, at
7/11/2010 6:53 AM
OH friend, where on earth did you find the bee hive???? I LOVE it!!
Hugs.
Susan
By
Susan, at
7/11/2010 7:16 PM
Post a comment
<< Home