She LIVES!
Hellllllllllo FRIENDS! I promise you I have NOT forgotten you... I have NOT deserted you... though it truly may feel like it, and I understand that... and I DO still LOVE you! ALL of you! Yes, I do!I do have some family stuff going on that has required quite a lot of quiet reflection on a personal level, and also a good bit of prayer. I can't tell you about it now - and I may actually NEVER be able to tell you about it, because sadly it is not mine to share, but it is mine to protect. I sO appreciate ALL prayers that have been said for my family, and trust me, God is using them! He KNOWS what to do with your prayers! Please DO keep them coming. It's going to be a long haul!
Aside from family stuff, I am just SUPER involved in church right now! VBS starts on July 5th, and so I am fully in the throws of preparing my crafts!!! (and I have some DOOZIES this year!) I can't WAIT to share those with you! But right now I am spending many many MANY hours per day cutting,
The Sunday School class I am teaching is going soooooooo well and I bet I'm getting more out of it than ANYbody else there! I've always heard that that happens - and now I know why! It's because you have to not only DO the lesson first on your own, with NO help from others - but you also have to anticipate what might be challenging for those others, or even worse - what further questions they might come up with! So, you end up getting a SUPER study out of it for yourself! It's really quite awesome! The Holy Spirit has been doing AMAZING things with me lately... I wish I had about a month to relay it all!
One thing is that He has gotten me involved in the Outreach program at church -- and I am absolutely LOVING this! He has been feeding me ideas left and right for how our church can reach out into the community and for how I can gather even MORE ideas from the congregation for what THEY think we should do! And all of this happened "right at the same time" that we were electing new church board members and that Pastor was announcing that he really wants to focus MORE on Outreach the next few years! What timing that Holy Spirit has! I'll tell ya! (NO! I am NOT on the board! He didn't lead me THERE!!! LOL!)
I do have some GOOD news to share! Amanda, Hector, Luz and Mathew have found a HOUSE to rent only 15 minutes from me!!! And it is theeeeee PERFECT house for them! It's huge! It has 6 bedrooms AND the basement is a complete apartment unto itself! Kitchen included! So, Mathew will finally have his very own living space, even while they are still sharing rent and will still be basically "living together"... This house really WAS an answered prayer! It is EXACTLY what they all wanted! (of course, if it were on MY cul-de-sac that would make it perfect for ME too ... but we won't get picky!) They move in on June 15th and we are all just super excited!!! Oh! AND the house looks out over a goooooooorgeous HORSE FARM - which was just the sweetest icing on the cake because Luz is HORSE CRAZY and lives and breathes and dreams them alllllllllll the time -- and she got to choose her room, and chose the one with the windows that look right out over it so she can wake up in the morning and "good morning" the horses the minute her eyes pop open! Thank You God for such a dream come true!!! (we NEVER thought to pray for horses! Well... maybe Luz did... I don't know! I'll have to ask her!)
Oh - the scale IS still moving in the right direction -- slowly though it may be -- I'm feeling good and my clothes are getting looser... so that's a plus! Still got a long way to go - but I've got time!
Okay! This is going to be it for now, even though I could write pages and pages! I want to come around and visit too. I am NOT going to be on line every day. I AM going to try to be on in the evenings at least 3 nights a week! Right now that's about the best I can do! I have prayed and prayed on HOW blogging should fit in with all I'm doing, and I firmly feel that it SHOULD fit in - but that it can not take any kind of priority seating right now! God seems to agree that I should make time for it, but He reminds me that I don't see ANY of my neighborhood friends EVERY day, and that I should not spend so much time with my on-line friends either. PLUS it's summer and I want to enjoy the great outdoors too! So... I'm trying to work "balance" into my life. This IS important to me. Balance. Ok? I LOVE you guys!!! Yes, I do!







16 comment(s):
I can't tell you how good it is to hear from you again!!! I've been praying and will keep doing so.
Sounds like exciting times!!
By
Anonymous, at
6/04/2010 6:39 PM
So many exciting things going on. I am so happy about the house. What a wonderful gift.
I finally got rid of DISQUIS so come by when you can.
By
Nessa, at
6/04/2010 7:11 PM
My goodness, you've had alot on your plate. Glad you're doing well and keeping busy.
Take care.
By
Rhonda, at
6/04/2010 8:38 PM
Melli, it sounds to me like you have definitely achieved some balance, at least in regards to blogging. :)
I'm SO happy for you that your family is moving closer to you. And a horse farm for Luz to enjoy -- WOW!!
I bet your hands are tired from cutting and getting this tied up (I don't know how to spell it either) and all that other VBS work, but what a blessing it will be for everyone else, esp. the kids! And I know exactly what you mean about teaching your Sunday School class. (And I love your verse today (I Chron 29:11).
I was so happy to hear from you that I forgot to check your scale until you mentioned it. Yay!! You really are inspiring to us!! :)
You go right ahead and protect your family, Mama Bear. We can pray from here. God knows what is needed. ♥
By
Karen (formerly kcinnova), at
6/04/2010 9:06 PM
I'm glad you're back. All your business will keep you moving and grooving so you aren't too close to home and that fridge. That ought to help with the weight-loss, too!
I am glad to hear the kids found the perfect house and that it is closer to you. I hope it balanced out Matthew's driving time and he's not too far from work.
I have been praying that God shower down blessings upon you and your family and make his love apparent. I shall continue in that vein.
By
Charlene Amsden, at
6/04/2010 9:15 PM
Oh Aunti M, I'm sorry there's personal stuff going on that's keeping you so busy. But hey, life's a roller coaster and sometimes it's that climb uphill. ;) (analogies are not my forte!)
LOVE LOVE LOVE that the kids are going to be so close! Whoo hoo! and that house is HUGE! Dang!!! How exciting. I need to get on the horn to my cousin... :)
By
Unknown, at
6/04/2010 10:55 PM
Hallo from Germany! We leave in two hours with Anneliese for her boyfriends house!
You know I will always pray for you and for your family. So whatever help you need from God, he will surely be getting a flood of prayers from below.
Good to have you back. I've missed you!
By
Maribeth, at
6/05/2010 1:00 AM
WOOT!!! my darlin' welcome back. Boy howdy, do you have plenty going on. I think that scale moved some to the right YAHOOO!!!! It's VBS time already? Boy how time flies when you are having a good time. That house sounds like a mansion I tell you. And a horse farm to boot...right next door. Boy that pretty little Luz is going to be in horse heaven :) Did they get a maid to come along with it? I certainly hope so. What about mom? How is she doing. Busy busy busy you are. xoxoxox
By
Anonymous, at
6/05/2010 3:59 AM
Welcome back!
You sure are busy! Just remember to take a little time for yourself!
I'm so glad to see you...
By
tilden talks..., at
6/05/2010 7:21 AM
How nice that you showed up again ! During your blog strike, I was on holidays and it was absolutely wonderful. In this country Muslims, Christians and Jews are living together side by side without any problem. It was the same in Turkey and in Egypt and I think the only trouble maker is Israel !
How nice that Amanda & family found such a nice house !
By
Ingrid, at
6/05/2010 11:21 AM
Hmmm, balance in all things....how novel! You can do it. Just keep listening to the Holy Spirit and you can't go wrong. Gotcha all prayed up. Missed you.
By
Lazy Daisy, at
6/05/2010 9:16 PM
Ahhh.. all is right with the world now - Melli is back!
Sounds like things are moving along over there. We're just as busy over here, too.
We've GOT to get together again... it's been WAY too long.
Let's meet Daisy somewhere and do lunch.
xox
LBC
By
Ladybug Crossing, at
6/06/2010 8:35 AM
I'm glad you're back, I was beginning to get a little worried. I'm glad Amanda has found such a lovely home so close to yours! Congrats on the weight loss!
By
Jientje, at
6/06/2010 10:14 AM
HI Melli, Glad that things are moving along for you, and your Family has found a great home next to you. I will keep you in prayers.
By
Anonymous, at
6/06/2010 7:54 PM
Welcome back, Melli! I've missed you.
So glad to hear about your kids new house! Sounds perfect! Luz is sure one blessed little girl to get to choose a room with a view of her favorite thing. (I would have never thought to pray for that ...)
I'm praying your family situation gets solved soon. Jeremiah 29:11 would be a great scripture to focus on right now.
I've been there on getting ready to do VBS. Twice I've been the "craft lady" and to me, that is the job that takes the most work!
You are so right about balance, and your plan to budget computer time sounds great. God bless you!
By
Jerralea, at
6/06/2010 10:26 PM
Welcome back, Melli! I've missed you.
So glad to hear about your kids new house! Sounds perfect! Luz is sure one blessed little girl to get to choose a room with a view of her favorite thing. (I would have never thought to pray for that ...)
I'm praying your family situation gets solved soon. Jeremiah 29:11 would be a great scripture to focus on right now.
I've been there on getting ready to do VBS. Twice I've been the "craft lady" and to me, that is the job that takes the most work!
You are so right about balance, and your plan to budget computer time sounds great. God bless you!
By
Jerralea, at
6/06/2010 10:26 PM
Post a comment
<< Home