VBS ... Day 2
VBS - Day 2
Lesson - John 6:1-15
(in which Jesus feeds a BIG crowd)
Today, I (Barb Bee) met Bubba, a construction bee! He was looking for work and said he was pretty good at making honeycombs and honey too! He said he made honey (gobs of it!) from teeeeeeny tiiiiiiiny particles of pollen! I could HARDLY believe it! But I sent him to work up on C-28. He got lost and ended up back at my hive -- that's cuz he's NOT a Scout'n bee for sure! It was okay... everybody's good at something! I sent the kids off to listen to hear about Jesus miracle and told them to listen for the "little things" he used to make that miracle happen! Then I led Bubba up to his new job, and buzzed my way back down to crafts!
Our project for today was this...
Like this for the pre-school and K-1's
... and like this for the 2nd-5th's.
(just to make it a little different)



(in which Jesus feeds a BIG crowd)
Today, I (Barb Bee) met Bubba, a construction bee! He was looking for work and said he was pretty good at making honeycombs and honey too! He said he made honey (gobs of it!) from teeeeeeny tiiiiiiiny particles of pollen! I could HARDLY believe it! But I sent him to work up on C-28. He got lost and ended up back at my hive -- that's cuz he's NOT a Scout'n bee for sure! It was okay... everybody's good at something! I sent the kids off to listen to hear about Jesus miracle and told them to listen for the "little things" he used to make that miracle happen! Then I led Bubba up to his new job, and buzzed my way back down to crafts!Our project for today was this...
Like this for the pre-school and K-1's
... and like this for the 2nd-5th's.(just to make it a little different)
ALL age groups really enjoyed this craft because of the scratch paper! It didn't matter if they scribbled or if they intricately designed their art work - it ALL came out looking fabulous! And of course, it held GREAT reminders of the primary components of Jesus MIRACLE! Two fishies and 5 loaves of bread! (and getting them in order! Whooo!) Great fun!



So, of course, when I met back up with Bubba & the kids at the end of the day, they had all found out that Jesus used two little fish, and 5 little loaves of bread (not big loaves like we buy at the grocery store - biscuit sized loaves - not that it matters!) to feed FIVE THOUSAND people!!! That is even crazier than turning tiny little particles of pollen into gobs and gobs of honey! But then, Jesus is FAR better at miracles than Bubba is! Bubba has to use elbow grease... Jesus just uses God Power!!!
See ya tomorrow!
See ya tomorrow!








11 comment(s):
Wow - my sweet Melli has been so busy....putting out The Word and keeping those kids entertained and occupied!
That looks like a fabulous Bible School.....
You'll need a rest after that lot!
I have posted some pictures from a medieval festival (English style) I visited yesterday.
cq
By
craziequeen, at
7/11/2010 11:24 AM
Melli you look great as a bee ! really to fall in love, lol !
The pictures of the kids and their work is too cute ! I see that Luz enjoys it very much too ! We had a nice weekend together with Dario and Marieken ! and it's still hot !
By
Ingrid, at
7/11/2010 11:29 AM
What a great way to present this lesson! And what a fun craft. I love that scratch-off paper!
By
Charlene Amsden, at
7/11/2010 11:30 AM
OMG you ate the cutest bee I've EVER seen. And to think some that darling gave robbers a way to torture me. PFFT!! busy busy busy you are. What a great way to teach. :) happy Sunday. :)
By
Anonymous, at
7/11/2010 11:44 AM
You look cuter than Maya, the bee!!
By
MaR, at
7/11/2010 2:24 PM
You make such a great bee! And that craft looks really cool.
By
Anonymous, at
7/11/2010 5:20 PM
Oh Melli, some of my favorite posts all year on your blog are your VBS posts! I just love how much you put into it. I KNOW you are a blessing to the kids and the people working this activity. I love your costume!
I've been praying for you extra this week....
Many HUGS!!
Susan
By
Susan, at
7/11/2010 7:14 PM
I bet you guys had a great time! Our VBS begins tomorrow...
By
tilden talks..., at
7/11/2010 8:30 PM
I want to be in your class next summer!
By
Maribeth, at
7/12/2010 6:55 AM
What great activities, and you are a cute bee. We still have a month to go but much to do yet.
By
bettygram, at
7/12/2010 10:06 AM
I'm beginning to think we need to import you for our VBS next year!
By
Anonymous, at
7/15/2010 3:13 PM
Post a comment
<< Home