What The ....???
Ohhhhhhh I am NOT a happy Melli right now! No no no no no... definately NOT a happy Melli! I have not weighed myself for almost 3 weeks. And the last time I DID weigh myself it was on my doctor's scale - cuz his is the only one I USE anymore! AND 3 weeks ago I joined CURVES. So I was pretty sure that between pedaling for 60 minutes a day, and doing the Curves workout at least 4 times a week, that when I went to the doctor today I would be down another 6 or 7 pounds! Well guess what?I HAVE NOT LOST ONE FREAKIN' OUNCE IN THE PAST 3 WEEKS!!!
I wanted to cry ... but I didn't! Instead I ranted and raved, and the nurse took me into another room and put me on a different scale! It said the SAME thing! So then I yelled at the doctor who thought I was bananas because the last time HE saw me I was 33 pounds heavier! He thought I should be happy with my 33 pound loss. And I told him I was... 3 weeks ago! NOW I want to be down 40!
He seems to think that having joined Curves has probably built some muscles... which he promises weigh considerably more than fat! (but NOT 6-8 pounds more!) But he also thinks that I had probably hit a plateau... and that (lucky me) coincidentally also chose to join Curves and build some muscle at that time... this whole thing SUCKS!
Nope. I am NOT a happy Melli today! And NOBODY is going to MAKE me be happy!
(of course, I'm also not as lunatic as my darling daughter who thinks he is CRAZY and should have run some tests! Amanda ALWAYS thinks that doctors should run some tests! And she always thinks there is something DREADFULLY wrong and that I'm probably on death's door! I assure you I'm not. But I'm not happy either!) GRRRRRR!








14 comment(s):
Oh, I hate when that happens. Well, you know the doctor's scale always lies, don't you?
By
Lynda, at
6/14/2006 2:42 PM
see in your meme comment section. {{{Melli}}}
By
Anonymous, at
6/14/2006 3:00 PM
Don't feel bad, you've built muscle more wieght will come off.
I hate you are upset when you have done so well!
Hang in there...:)
By
PJ, at
6/14/2006 3:30 PM
Aww, Aunti M, hang in there. The doc is surely right - you've hit a plateau, and you're building muscle! Muscle is heavier then fat girl!
By
Unknown, at
6/14/2006 3:34 PM
BULLSHIT! pardon my french, but I would be kicking in doors and stomping on bugs right now! I'm with you sweetie...that sucks...but holy chit! 33 pounds is awesome...I would have gone to Curves and weighed myself, then know in your head you have lost! lol...poor Melli...so sorry hun
By
PowersTwinB, at
6/14/2006 4:26 PM
I can't believe that your weight stayed the same with all you've been doing. Maybe the scale is cockoo!
I'd be throwing a hissy fit if that happened to me, and I would probably tell the Dr. to go f**k himself.
By
Anonymous, at
6/14/2006 5:10 PM
Make sure you check your measurement Melli. Bet you've lost inches that aren't showing up on the scale. btw....there are rumors about you at Daisy's Log!
By
Lazy Daisy, at
6/14/2006 5:17 PM
First off, 33 POUNDS IS AWESOME. Ahem. Secondly, you joined Curves. When I joined Curves, I went for a month and lost ONE pound. BUT, I lost an incredible amount of inches, and inches is what counts. It is true, the muscle weighs more than fat but I am also here to tell you that it levels out and you will start losing, especially since you are watching what you eat.
Now, that out of the way, it really does suck and I know it's depressing but it's stuff like this that makes us want to give up.
You just can't give up now, because you have done an awesome job.
I'm really proud of you Melli. Hang in there and keep up the good work. I am a good example of how exercising, and sticking with it, can really make a difference.
(((HUGS)))
Please feel free to email me if you want someone to talk to. Honey, my heart goes out to you becaue I know just how you feel.
By
Moogie, at
6/14/2006 5:19 PM
I tossed the scale years ago. You are doing great! It's all about how you feel - not what the scale says you should think or feel.
LBC
By
Ladybug Crossing, at
6/14/2006 6:26 PM
{{{HUGS}}} I know how you feel in that department. Don't let it keep you down for long!
By
Pixie, at
6/14/2006 8:06 PM
Don't let this deter you. Run all the way across the long plateau!
By
Unknown, at
6/14/2006 9:39 PM
Melli...PLEASE take it from someone that has tried and tried and tried to lose weight and am finally doing it. It takes tons and tons of patience. I know that is not what you want to hear right now but it is the truth!! Whether you want to hear it or not!! You have to quit thinking about it so much and just keep doing it!! You did not put it on over night. It took you a LONG time to do it..I know it took me a long time and it is going to take me a LONG time to take it off too. YES, your body is stopped right now...Mine did that for several months..I did not give up!! It would have been easy to do but I refused!! It has taken me now 1 year and 2 months to lose 25 lbs and 30 inches but I am GOING to lose the rest of my weight...I am going to do it and you can too. You have already LOST more than I have..DO NOT GIVE UP!!! UNDERSTAND!! YOU have to keep going and just do it and stop thinking about it so much. Your body needs time to get itself going again!! You can write me at grandys45@bellsouth.net
I will listen believe me.....
By
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at
6/14/2006 10:16 PM
Hopefully, the next time you weigh in... you'll have lost a lot more. Muscles do weigh more and they increase you metabolism. So this will work out for the best! I know how disheartening it can be though!
By
Anonymous, at
6/15/2006 9:39 AM
I had the exact same thing happen. Dieted for a while, was doing great. Decided to throw exercise in so I could loose even more weight, and nothing happened. I felt the same way you do. Just hang in there. It will all work out.
By
fivetimemom, at
6/18/2006 9:56 AM
Post a comment
<< Home