.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Meetin' Carmen....



So... today I met Carmen! We had lunch at the Hamburger Hamlet in Crystal City and talked for about 2 hours. She is every bit as sweet, cute, smart, and funny in person as is she is in Blog world... and she's informative too! She taught me that if you pour salt all over your napkin, your glass won't stick to it! Isn't that amazing? She says it's common knowledge, but I think she's brilliant!

We had a really great lunch... neither one of us watching calories ... not even a little bit! And we probably WOULD have sat around talking for MUCH longer if I hadn't made the HORRIBLE mistake of telling (not even OURS) a waiter that SHE wasn't married. (ooops... my apologies Carmen!) Well... he jumped all over that! Carmen thinks he's gay... but I'm not sure... cuz he jumped all over that! I think he might have heard her say she thought he was gay though... cuz when he came back to our table the next time he was doing everything BUT thumping his chest! That's when we decided we had to make our exit! (he was a DORK!) LOL! Right Carmen? Well... look for yourselves! I mean really...

... the man insinuates himself into our lunch, and then behaves like THIS? YIKES! Attention all SINGLE young ladies... AVOID Hamburger Hamlet in Crystal City! I'm NEVER taking my daughters there again! LOL!

Ahhhhh.... til next time...

8 comment(s):

I posted too! Your pic is better, I think.

Yeah, he was a big dork. See? This is why I'm still single!

By Blogger Carmen, at 7/23/2006 6:54 PM  

I loved reading the twin posts. I'm not only glad you two had a great time -- I'm glad you brought the party back and shared it with us.

By Blogger Charlene Amsden, at 7/23/2006 7:16 PM  

I'm glad you two had a great time. I just scratched him off my potential husband list. He is probably a flamer and works too hard for tips.

OMG, I can't to meet you two at my wedding. LOL!

Off to read Carmen's blog

By Blogger Penrick, at 7/23/2006 7:37 PM  

What fun! Both of you are so cute together. Sounds like a wonderful time.

By Blogger Lazy Daisy, at 7/23/2006 11:06 PM  

Glad to hear you had a nice time... It's nice to be able to make your blog friends your real friends... Haven't had a chance yet... Have a lovely week...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/24/2006 4:01 AM  

Well, I was just going to say NO WONDER Carmen's still single with guys like this so nearby!!! And then come in to POST my thought and Carmen says almost the same as I was going to post....so I won't say it. There...

Now with that aside, glad you two had such a super time meeting.

I know just how you are from all the years we've known each other and finally meeting Melli.....so if you say Carmen's a doll....I KNOW SHE IS!!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/24/2006 7:47 AM  

How neat! I love IRL's of friend's I met online! You guys are too cute! (and yes he does look like a dork)

By Blogger Pixie, at 7/24/2006 7:17 PM  

Hamburger Hamlet, eh? For some reason, the only places I can find to eat in D.C. are either Union Station or the Boston Market at the Air & Space. $15 for a chicken. My tax dollars at work!

So, now I have to stay away from the Hamlet - don't need no gay waiters! I have enough problems.

By Blogger Anthony, at 7/24/2006 10:41 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home