.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Isn't It Ironic...

Soooooo... here I am, rolling right along... eating well, exercising regularly, getting fit, and feeling healthy! Right? Maybe not.

I come home from work this afternoon to find a message on my answering machine. "Mrs. Lantz, this Dr. W... your blood work came back and your cholesterol is fine! Good is good and Bad is good too. ... ... umm... your sugar looks a little high though -- it could be nothing, or it might just be something you ate, but it's been a while since I've had anything to compare it to... I'd like to do a more elaborate diabetes test... I'll leave the order on your chart ... you can just come in - you don't need an appointment and you don't have to be fasting... I'll talk to you after you have this done."

Honest to God... If I have diabetes NOW I'm gonna just scream! For yeeeeeears I kept saying "I think I have diabetes... look... my feet are swollen ALL the time! I'm always thirsty... sometimes my head feels swimmy if I haven't eaten for awhile..." ... and yet everytime they tested me I was FINE! But now... my feet NEVER swell anymore, I haven't felt swimmy in months, I am still always thirsty - but I always have been!

I just really don't want to hear this right now! So... I'm going to go get my diabetes test tomorrow I guess... *sigh* ... getting old sucks! And I'm NOT old! 49 is YOUNG dammit!!! Not as young as ... 20... but it's not OLD! Grrrrr... (not my tummy!)

9 comment(s):

I offered a prayer and hope all is well.

Hey, do you have the metal cage stretch station at your curvesd gym? Ours is new. I am very short and the reclining bench where one is supposed to do the "sit up" stretch (my name, not theirs) extends beyond my reach. My buddy and sure had a good strong belly laugh today while I figured that out.

By Blogger Charlene Amsden, at 10/12/2006 11:10 PM  

Hey what can I say? You've always been sweet. Think sour thoughts during the test! Don't panic till you need to. Hugs and prayers that all turn out well.

By Blogger Lazy Daisy, at 10/13/2006 12:02 AM  

Don't worry, Melli, maybe it was really something you ate. Get your test, will be thinking of you (from young person to young person, so to speak *wink!). You will be fine!!!

By Blogger MaR, at 10/13/2006 2:58 AM  

ok, let me give a suggestion, and I'll preface by saying I'm not a doctor. :)

Perhaps you have insulin resistance, which is what I have. It's "pre-diabetes", it actually works the opposite of diabetes. If you have high cholesterol, those numbers mask your blood sugar numbers.

Just something to have them check. A third of American women have it and don't know it.

On a happier note, happy Friday the 13th. :)

By Blogger Carmen, at 10/13/2006 7:53 AM  

Like Lazy Daisy said think SOUR THOUGHTS!! tee hee..dont worry!! It is not worth it...I have tagged you for a 5 word meme if you want to do it..Just go to my blog. Sandy Take care..I will check back...

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 10/13/2006 8:16 AM  

You sound very healthy! Maybe it is something you ate. I have never been tested even for cholesterol. I think I need to get it done. Esp. after reading Carmen's message above. I think I've been avoiding. But good luck! If your feet aren't swelling anymore that sounds like a really good sign! ((()))

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/13/2006 8:33 AM  

Ick! I agree - this isn't fair news now that you're feeling great. But like everyone's said, perhaps it's nothing. And if it IS something, well, you're getting in great shape, and you will be up to the task of taking care if it. This I know. :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/13/2006 9:12 AM  

Great feast you have served. Everything was great from your appetizer down to your dessert.
Mine's up too. Come feast with me.

By Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD, at 10/13/2006 9:13 AM  

Well...it is the *chits* GETTING old. I agree with not BEING old tho.

My mom had diabetes, and she never had any symptoms! It was her diet.

Life sucks sometimes...but hey, look on the bright side, you're feeling much better and you look mahvelous!!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/13/2006 10:38 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home