Pilates... Class 2
Well, I must say session 2 of Pilate/Yoga went MUCH better than session 1 did. (if you don't count the part where I passed gas during a certain humiliating pose!) Yes... I wanted to just crawl out the door! Sheeeeesh! Needless to say I was the "butt" of many jokes! HOWEVER... after MUCH practice during the week, I was able to keep up on all but maybe 3 or 4 moves tonight! Four during the whole HOUR? I thought that was pretty exceptional! I've definately decided that I need a "roll-up buddy"... because honestly I don't think I'm EVER going to be able to roll-up on my own! I need a buddy to grab my hands and HELP! (perhaps some actual sit-ups ... as opposed to crunches ... over the next 7 days MIGHT help... we'll see!) A roll up is LIKE a sit-up only it's done very very slowly... peeling each vertabrae off the floor one. at. a. time. UGH! The other MAJOR trouble area is when she wants me to make like a ball! I said "Lady, I AM a ball! I can't get INTO a BALL position!" OY! That one I think is going to take about 50 more pounds before I can do it! But I'll keep trying, and who knows... God still pulls off miracles every now and then. He MIGHT find me worthy. It's not MY job to second guess Him! So... I have MY work cut out for me!







15 comment(s):
Oh, I love what you wrote especially about the "passing the gas"thing because that is what I tend to do sometimes!! It always embarrasses me but when you get in those positions it just naturally comes out!! I sat and laughed at that because I was thinking of me doing just that. We would get along just great at this class and laugh all the way through it and probably get thrown out!! But what fun we would have getting thrown out!! Wish we lived closer....
By
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at
10/04/2006 10:23 PM
I used to be able to do that like it shows in your picture, cause we did that in hula. Ask me to do it now.....pffffft!
LOL!
By
Anonymous, at
10/04/2006 10:34 PM
You're cracking me up! My leg has healed so I am back to Curves tomorrow night. Pretty much starting over from square one.
By
Charlene Amsden, at
10/04/2006 11:02 PM
ugh, I HATE yoga. I admire you for your effort to try new exercise stuff all the time! And there's gotta be something about excercise and the digestive system!
By
Carmen, at
10/05/2006 9:19 AM
Not me!!
You GO GIRL!!!!!
By
Anonymous, at
10/05/2006 9:21 AM
About the gas...Hm... I think it was your body saying out loud what it thought about this whole exercise thing.... *lol*
Did you know that the average human releases 0.5 to 1.5 litres (1 to 3 U.S. pints) of gas in 12 to 25 episodes throughout the day?
I wrote a "fart-post" once:
http://lifecruiser.com/odditys/2006/03/10/serious-fart-talk/
I wouldn't call myself an expert, but.... *lol*
Since you've been so good at your exercise, I wanna tempt you with a piece of my pink cake, come on over!
But no cake throwing, behave! *lol*
By
Anonymous, at
10/05/2006 12:35 PM
Oh my...was it loud or stinky? Mr. Wonderful does the silent but deadly kind. Oh, well, it has to go somewhere and if you are rolling up in a ball it will definitely squeeze it out. Sorry you were the butt of the joke....beano helps! (My musical friend!)
By
Lazy Daisy, at
10/05/2006 3:01 PM
Keep at it! It seems impossible, I know, but you will be amazed how quickly your body will gain strength and flexibility. I thought I would never be able to do a roll-up or a teaser, and I did!
I quit doing Pilates about six months ago, and I wish like crazy that I hadn't. I tried to do Winsor Pilates Abs the other day and it was pathetic. Now I have to start from scratch again. So, I'm right there with you. Keep up the good work! It will pay off, I promise.
By
Blog Antagonist, at
10/05/2006 3:26 PM
Ok, fine, I did that while doing crunches at the gym one time (the gas thang), while my son laughed his ass off.
Keep up the good work, I'm almost convinced I should try this. almost.
By
Lori Stewart Weidert, at
10/05/2006 4:51 PM
Oh, my goodness I went to W1's first.
Too funny
By
PJ, at
10/05/2006 7:41 PM
Went over to see Carmen and left her some things to see and places to eat.
By
Anonymous, at
10/05/2006 9:24 PM
Lord, Pilates/Yoga sounds very very very hard! Not sure I could do any of what you describe...I think you are amazing Melli...and I can just tell by the way you write about this---YOU are going to do it all, and wonderfully!
By
OldLady Of The Hills, at
10/06/2006 2:24 AM
I never thought I'd ever be able to do a roll-up either, but after a while my stomach muscles got stronger, and now I can. I know you can too. Keep up the good work. :-)
Have you tried the "seal" yet? That one is nuts.
By
Twyla, at
10/06/2006 8:50 AM
You are one funny lady!
And what will power.
Next time you go you'll probably have the teacher all to yourself!! *S*
(or you could practice on the old
"silent but deadly")
Keep up the good work!
Hugs
LL
By
LibertyBelle, at
10/06/2006 8:57 AM
LOVE this post! I too tend to pass gas when I get into some of those positions and it is embarressing as heck.
By
Twisted Cinderella, at
10/07/2006 8:25 AM
Post a comment
<< Home