Saturday Photo Scavenger Hunt -- Memory

Grab the Photo Hunt code.
Join the blogroll. Visit participants.
This one took me FOREVER to decide on! The problem with "memory" is EVERY photo you have is a memory! And every one that I thought significant enough to share here, I also thought, no... I should save that for a Monday Memory! I think I participate in too many meme's! Anyway... I decided to TAKE a picture of this...
You'll be able to see the DUST soooo much better that way!
Yes... I dO hate dusting this little shadowbox! It's a real pita! But this is filled with sO many memories. I won't tell about ALL of them -- I'll just mention a few really special ones! See the two spoons? The one that lays on it's side was MY spoon when I was a baby! And the one standing up is one that was first Amanda's - but I brought it back out for all my babies! (they used mine too!) The Hummel figurine is one I bought for my mother for Mother's Day when I was 11 years old. In MY memory it was also the first gift that I bought her using strictly my own money. (that may or may not be accurate - but it's what I remember!) The little train is pewter (which I LOVE and collect in many forms) and was purchased in Disney World when I took the children. (my children, by the way were NOT impressed with Disney World... but I was an am and will always be!) The cork under the Statue of Liberty? That was from the Christening of our home! And my very favorite thing in that whole box? Right next to the cork (on the right) is a stone. It's a plain ol' rock from out of our driveway. Derek found it when he was about 3 and brought it to me. He said it is shaped like a heart and he loved me! He was such a little CHARMER!!! Sooo... this box is full of memories... and it doesn't get in my way - so I WON'T be throwing IT away! And one day... I just might dust it!
Labels: Photo Hunt







39 comment(s):
How cute Melli ! (even the dust, I could draw a little cat in there) I had such a shadowbox too, filled with cats of course, but then it became too small and I had to buy a vitrine. But it also slowly becomes too small so I flirt with the idea to buy a bigger one. As I am not intending to buy a coffin yet and will surely get some more cats, it would be a better investment, don't you think so ?
By
Ingrid, at
1/06/2007 9:55 AM
Hi Melli! I especially love the miniature cups and saucers as I have a few myself :)
Wonderful memories all of your treasures conjure up!
Have a great weekend!
By
Deb @ Sugarfused, at
1/06/2007 10:13 AM
Oh boy - I have one of those too! We called them printer's boxes because printers had their letters for printing in them!
What a great idea for the theme!
A box of memories!
I love it
happy saturday hon
L
By
LibertyBelle, at
1/06/2007 10:22 AM
I love it!!!!
By
Anonymous, at
1/06/2007 10:40 AM
Great idea for MEMORY....You can get a piece of glass cut for that...dust it all out and then get the glass cut and put on there and then never have to dust it again...Course you cannot touch these things again either..that stops that!! Just a suggestion!! Thanks for stopping by...Have a gREAt Saturday...Melli..
Sandy
By
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at
1/06/2007 10:41 AM
WOW~great photo and very special memories. Thanks for visiting Melli. Have a terrific weekend.
By
Anonymous, at
1/06/2007 10:54 AM
Absolutely beautiful. It must be wonderful to have kept all those lovely things that have a special meaning in your heart. Thanks for sharing your memory. Mine is also up.
By
Anonymous, at
1/06/2007 11:17 AM
Why dust? It'll only be back again tomorrow ;-)
By
Anonymous, at
1/06/2007 11:30 AM
Dust, what dust? I must see it so much I don't recognize it anymore! Love your collection. My first photo hunters memory is up, so now it is a double memory photo. Have a great Saturday.
By
Anonymous, at
1/06/2007 11:31 AM
What a wonderful boxful of memories! Beautiful! Perfect photo for the theme!
Thanks for stopping by and have a good weekend! :)
By
Anonymous, at
1/06/2007 12:06 PM
Melli oh what wonderful memories these are. Have a lovely day hun.
By
Anonymous, at
1/06/2007 12:24 PM
It's nice to see reminders of happy times. Looks like there are quite a few stories that curio cabinet could tell.
By
Anonymous, at
1/06/2007 12:50 PM
Wow! How big is that shadow box and is it mounted on a wall? I've always wanted a really big display place, maybe glassed in, where I could put all the collectables. Now my mom needs one too for all her eBay glassware she has been ordering. Just between you and me, some of it is downright ugly.
Mine is up too.
By
srp, at
1/06/2007 1:30 PM
very cool memories! That's really full to the brim with lots of memories.
By
Anonymous, at
1/06/2007 1:44 PM
That is wonderful .....those are some special memories...thank you so much for sharing....
Cheers
By
Anonymous, at
1/06/2007 2:15 PM
Aww, so many treasured memories and I just love that your kept your son's little heart shaped rock, so sentimental! I love your shadowbox and all the memories it holds! :)
By
Pamela, at
1/06/2007 2:46 PM
Oh, what a sweet box of memories!!
I didn't so much have a hard time choosing today, but after posting I kept thinking about other pictures I could've used. Maybe we'll have this theme again and can bring out more memories. :)
Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comments.
By
Anonymous, at
1/06/2007 2:56 PM
Very cool Memory :)
By
Leesa, at
1/06/2007 3:27 PM
These are terrific Melli. I too have baby spoons....they're both sitting right next to their baby moccasins....(hey, we lived in the wild, wild west...whaddya expect---bronzed BABY shoes?)
Love it.
Happy Saturday.
By
Anonymous, at
1/06/2007 3:35 PM
Melli,
This is just the cutest shadowbox! I used to have something like this only I collected thimbles in it from different places I had visited. You're right - it IS a pain to dust!
Nice memories, though, I'm sure.
Hope you enjoy your new job!
Hugz,
Carol
By
Unknown, at
1/06/2007 4:17 PM
Sweet memories!! Love the stories too! Achoo!!! What dust?? LOL
Happy Saturday!
By
YellowRose, at
1/06/2007 4:25 PM
What a lovely memory box! It doesn't need dusting, that just adds to the ambiance.
By
Anonymous, at
1/06/2007 4:33 PM
What a lovely idea! A wonderful collection of memories :)
By
Anonymous, at
1/06/2007 4:54 PM
I love your little knicknac shelf! I used to have one too. I still have the spoon from my first born, handed down to the siblings, and now the grandchildren use it. It's still in good shape, just like when I forst bought it. It's a gerber baby spoon that has the baby etched on the handle.
What a great way to show your memories throughout the years. Aloha my friend.
Mine is up too.
By
Anonymous, at
1/06/2007 5:27 PM
Such a good post for this weeks hunt. Glad it has so many memories in it for you.
By
Anonymous, at
1/06/2007 5:32 PM
I almost used by china cabinet which is a lot like your wall unit! Full of cherished items but instead I used the fruit basket only! You have some really loving memories there but I think the rock is the best!
Thanks for stopping by!
By
Anonymous, at
1/06/2007 5:41 PM
I'm with you re dusting! Ha!!
Mine's up too :)
By
Anonymous, at
1/06/2007 6:43 PM
That's SO neat!! I love that you used this pic for your photo hunt. My son told me yesterday that I participate in too many memes. This is why I have resisted the urge to Hunt for Photos on Saturdays. But I LOVE visiting people's blogs to see what they found.
I love the "stone" story...and how neat that you've saved it for all those years.
Blessings, Melli!!
:-) Susan
By
Anonymous, at
1/06/2007 7:09 PM
Hmmm, maybe a bottle of canned air would help you with the dusting.
I love tiny knickknacks. I always wanted a miniature dollhouse growing up, I still admire miniatures.
Mine is up.
By
Anonymous, at
1/06/2007 7:12 PM
Of course, I had to click on the photo several times to look at every one of your memories! How cool are these??? It reminded me of a shadow box I once had with minature/dollhouse toys and board games...I've put it away, with no reason to have in my condo, 8 yrs ago...now I just have to search for them! Cool memories sweetie!
By
PowersTwinB, at
1/06/2007 8:13 PM
I'd get a piece of plexglass or something and have hinged to the top or side like a cabinet. To keep the dust bunnies away. Dust and I don't get along anymore and Pledge? What is that??
By
Margaret, at
1/06/2007 8:28 PM
That is awesome and I love all the memories in that small display case. I love Disney too. I have only been once. I might go this year. That would be fun. I saw so little but what I did was magic, even the "It's a Small World After All" ride. And I was in my 20s when I went. I love the stone. That is so special. There is hope for me yet. I do silly little things like that to. Nothing big but it is from the heart.
Congratulations on how you are doing with your weightloss. I hope to be following in your footsteps.
Thanks for the comments about my pictures. I always do try and come up with a twist. Luckily TNChick leaves the theme flexible enough that I can post a picture of memory cards and you can post your precious memories and we both are following the theme.
Have a great week and I will try and get the picture up on Friday next week instead of late.
By
barman, at
1/06/2007 9:30 PM
Just think of the dust as another memory to add to your collection!
Great picture - thanks for sharing!
By
Anonymous, at
1/06/2007 9:38 PM
Mine's posted, too!
By
Anonymous, at
1/06/2007 10:05 PM
Very good capture for this week's theme. I can appreciate that you would find it difficult to dust. Now that it's complete you could wrap it in cellophane! Just kidding! lol
By
Irish Church Lady :), at
1/07/2007 2:10 AM
Hi Melli!!!!!! love your choice for the theme and you are very right: every pic is a memory!
Your shadowbox is precious, every tiny thing is worth a post, don't you think?? I have three stones in the garden which were painted by Mr18 some 15 years ago, remembered them reading about your rock!
Happy sunday, Melli, coffee is ready and I am sooooooo glad I can stop by whenever I want to now that I am back in one piece (if my connection isn't down, that is, lol!)
By
MaR, at
1/07/2007 2:38 AM
My Mom has one just like that. My daughter is always asking her to explain where each one came from. Great take on this week's theme!
By
Anonymous, at
1/07/2007 3:48 AM
dust is just another layer protecting the object so if it falls it will not break... nothing in my house breaks!
By
DesLily, at
1/07/2007 5:36 PM
Wow! That's just fantastic! And I'm not talking about the dust here ;-) Well, maybe brain dust. What a cool memory display!
By
Anonymous, at
1/07/2007 7:41 PM
Post a comment
<< Home