More Dizziness....
Are you guys tellin' me that VERTIGO IS an illness?
And that I just have to get through it???
And that I just have to get through it???

Good grief.... the doctor DID mention Vertigo... but I thought he was just explaining to me the TYPE of dizziness I was feeling. Now I have folks telling me that Vertigo is something ya "just have to get through"??? Is this RIGHT? NO! I refuse! This can't be! How long does it take???
I am just not believing this is happening. I have absolutely NO other symptoms. JUST dizziness. And I just want it to GO AWAY! I can not function! This is not fair....








15 comment(s):
oh, my gosh...I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope it goes away soon, like now..(((hugs)))
By
PJ, at
7/25/2007 10:43 AM
Oh dear - I hope it is okay for you soon.
I have had problems with dizziness for years!!! At first, I just thought it was related to my EXTREME motion sickness. But then I had a horrible case back in 1990 or 91 - was in bed for 5 days straight as I just could not get up with the dizziness. I was told I had vertigo. I have since had a few really bad episodes like the first one but not very often. I do get "light headed" from time to time - like you, when I roll in bed and go to get up. :-(
Not a good thing to have but I think you do just have to get through it. Sorry.
By
Anonymous, at
7/25/2007 11:46 AM
Sometimes they can't find a cause, but vertigo can be a symptom of other things, so they do need to check those possibilities out.
Once I was feeling so dizzy (and had been for days) that I thought I was going to fall off the doctor's examination table. Turns out I have hypoglycemia. Once it got under control the general dizziness left, and now I can kind of feel it coming on and take steps to avert it.
Some dizziness can be due to blood pressure dropping, or inner ear problems, or a whole host of other things. Hope they can find the problem and a solution soon!
By
Anonymous, at
7/25/2007 11:57 AM
I hope your Vertigo will soon be a distant memory, I am no good with heights either and feel helpless even though I know I have good footing and know I cannot fall.
Then at other times like in a plane if I have to have a window seat I stare out below at 35000 to 40000 feet and don't even notice it.
I don't think Vertigo can cause dizziness. It sounds more like aa inner ear infection. I had one last year that was so bad I'd feel like passing out if I was in the shower.
So I wouldn't be too concerned that the vertigo was causing the dizzy spells.
A wonderful day is wished for you
By
Anonymous, at
7/25/2007 12:18 PM
That's a killer of a picture!
By
Jean-Luc Picard, at
7/25/2007 2:58 PM
Blame it on the hot weather. Get inside, kick off your sandals - relax in the AC and sip on a big Route 44 Cherry Limeade from Sonic.
You'll be back to normal in no time.
By
Margaret, at
7/25/2007 10:11 PM
Melli, I am sorry to hear that you are still " Dizzy "...Looking at this picture makes me Dizzy.Hope the Doc. will soon find out the cause and fix you.....Take care my friend.. Baba
By
Baba, at
7/25/2007 11:02 PM
Poor girl, still dizzy ? You know if it's not your blood pressure then you should go to an ear specialist. My neighbor suffered from that too and finally it was something in her ears."Going through" is ridiculous, you have to find out what it is and then do something for it. So I would suggest go and sea the ear doctor !
By
Ingrid, at
7/26/2007 2:54 AM
Yes I missed the visit to the ear doctor although I usually never miss your breedings. I know that medications are not sold in original packages in the States, with the "side effect" paper, so probably you don't know what is in these pills. Did you talk to the doctor and tell him that's even worse ? Maybe he has to give you something else. Try a cognac and watch if you are still dizzy. If not then it could be a blood circulation matter.
By
Ingrid, at
7/26/2007 7:01 AM
I was getting dizziness and light-headedness really bad. It was migraine. I didn't have the killer headaches but the neurological symptoms. My neurologist put me on Amitriptyline which I take every day, and no more symptoms.
I hope your symptoms are soon resolved.
By
Anonymous, at
7/26/2007 8:04 AM
Wow, that picture is enough to make you dizzy! Patience is not one of your many virtues I see! LOL! Mine either! (sigh)
Gottcha prayed up though.
By
Lazy Daisy, at
7/26/2007 10:33 AM
Wow! I hope they can find out soon what is going on! This sounds serious. Is it back to the Dr. time again,or maybe a specialist.
By
Talk..to..Grams, at
7/26/2007 10:36 AM
That's a nauseating picture...not good when I am fighting the same with the Rx!! LOLOLOL
I was always told vertigo is like a fear of heights...I know when I'm even on the 2nd floor of something, I can have a dizzy feeling...and look out below if I dare to look down!! Upchucking on passers-by if they're in my way.
AND!! Your wordless wednesday is gorgeous!!!
[also, if I never saw another doctor, I'd be so pleased!!!! I hate 'em!! But, we need them too.]
By
Hootin Anni, at
7/26/2007 12:18 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Melli. I do hope that something can be done (medicines, etc.) to correct it. Take care and hope you're doing much better now.
By
Heart of Rachel, at
7/28/2007 4:51 AM
Melli -- remember last year when I posted all of my "dizzy" posts and I couldn't walk?
And did your doctor prescribe anything to help? Mine gave me, "Antivert."
By
Anonymous, at
7/28/2007 12:55 PM
Post a comment
<< Home