Friday Feast #158
Wanna Play?Appetizer
Who is the easiest person for you to talk to?
Any of my girlfriends... I can't name just one... but you can tell girlfriends ANYthing! I think I should clarify that though... because when I was young I avoided girlfriends altogether... they were much too catty and full of drama, and therefore I really didn't want ANY and my friends were mostly male or I just hung with family. But age brings SO many great gifts!!! And girlfriends "of an age" are WONDERFUL!!!
Soup
If you could live in any ancient city during the height of the quality of its society and culture, which one would you choose?
Ancient? Sheeesh! Just how far back do we have to go for that??? LOL! I have really never had ANY desire to live in a time of the past... I would HATE living back in like Elizabethan times with those long heavy dresses and having to always be covered from here to here! (I'm a shorts and tank top girl!) I wouldn't really want to live back in the Roman Empire either... gladiators and all that... ew! Noooo... I don't think ancient times are for me at all! About as far back as I want to go is maybe the 1920's - 1940's -- you know ... back when HATS were all the thing!!!
Salad
What is the most exciting event you’ve ever witnessed?
Oh, I knOw what you're lookin' for here! You want to know if I was THERE when man walked on the moon! (well I wasn't!) But I guarantee you, that if I HAD been, it still would not have been AS exciting to ME as watching each of my children come into the world! The birth of a child HAS to be the most exciting event EVER!
Main Course
If you were a celebrity, what would you do for a publicity stunt?
You mean I'm NOT a celebrity? *shock!* Riding through car washes on top of the vehicle isn't good enough??? Pft! Gimme a break!
Dessert
What do you consider the ideal age to have a first child?
Oh! This is an interesting question! I actually had TWO first children -- and I think they both might have come along at the perfect time! The first was born when I was only 18 years old (and at least to my face, she seems to be convinced that I was and am the.perfect.mom...) when I had ALL the ENERGY in the world to be a mother! And that counts for something! It really does! In many ways I DO think I was a better mom at 18 than I was later in life! But not in all ways...
My next first child came along when I was 30! Followed shortly by two more! While I did not have the same energy and exuberance to put into motherhood at 30, by that time I had a lot more knowledge and experience to offer! However... court is still out on whether THAT makes for a good parent! My younger kids are not AS sure that I am perfect! And I'm not either! I think that once we have seen life from "both sides", maybe we OVERparent a bit... There is such a fine line between doing it all right, and completely botching the whole works!
But honestly... I guess the BEST time to become a parent is when God sends you a child! :)
This was a really GREAT round of questions this week - don'tcha think?
Who is the easiest person for you to talk to?
Any of my girlfriends... I can't name just one... but you can tell girlfriends ANYthing! I think I should clarify that though... because when I was young I avoided girlfriends altogether... they were much too catty and full of drama, and therefore I really didn't want ANY and my friends were mostly male or I just hung with family. But age brings SO many great gifts!!! And girlfriends "of an age" are WONDERFUL!!!
Soup
If you could live in any ancient city during the height of the quality of its society and culture, which one would you choose?
Ancient? Sheeesh! Just how far back do we have to go for that??? LOL! I have really never had ANY desire to live in a time of the past... I would HATE living back in like Elizabethan times with those long heavy dresses and having to always be covered from here to here! (I'm a shorts and tank top girl!) I wouldn't really want to live back in the Roman Empire either... gladiators and all that... ew! Noooo... I don't think ancient times are for me at all! About as far back as I want to go is maybe the 1920's - 1940's -- you know ... back when HATS were all the thing!!!
Salad
What is the most exciting event you’ve ever witnessed?
Oh, I knOw what you're lookin' for here! You want to know if I was THERE when man walked on the moon! (well I wasn't!) But I guarantee you, that if I HAD been, it still would not have been AS exciting to ME as watching each of my children come into the world! The birth of a child HAS to be the most exciting event EVER!
Main Course
If you were a celebrity, what would you do for a publicity stunt?
You mean I'm NOT a celebrity? *shock!* Riding through car washes on top of the vehicle isn't good enough??? Pft! Gimme a break!
Dessert
What do you consider the ideal age to have a first child?
Oh! This is an interesting question! I actually had TWO first children -- and I think they both might have come along at the perfect time! The first was born when I was only 18 years old (and at least to my face, she seems to be convinced that I was and am the.perfect.mom...) when I had ALL the ENERGY in the world to be a mother! And that counts for something! It really does! In many ways I DO think I was a better mom at 18 than I was later in life! But not in all ways...
My next first child came along when I was 30! Followed shortly by two more! While I did not have the same energy and exuberance to put into motherhood at 30, by that time I had a lot more knowledge and experience to offer! However... court is still out on whether THAT makes for a good parent! My younger kids are not AS sure that I am perfect! And I'm not either! I think that once we have seen life from "both sides", maybe we OVERparent a bit... There is such a fine line between doing it all right, and completely botching the whole works!
But honestly... I guess the BEST time to become a parent is when God sends you a child! :)
This was a really GREAT round of questions this week - don'tcha think?
Labels: Friday Feast







14 comment(s):
Oh, oh!! Just what were you expecting for my feast? Oh, don't tell me...just let it be a mystery. I like your dessert. And the question WAS for a personal answer, not what others think is best!! And you made it all so clear, and precise, and you put a lot of thought into it!!
[as I said on the blog and board this morning...I may miss your birthday because of the holiday travels, so make sure you celebrate in style girlfriend!!!!]
By
Hootin Anni, at
8/31/2007 7:43 AM
what a great dessert
By
Anonymous, at
8/31/2007 7:48 AM
I agree especially with your dessert!! Any time God gives you a baby is the perfect age!! Wonderful answer!! Sandy
By
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at
8/31/2007 7:59 AM
Great feast, I missed the car wash picture first time around. That's too funny.
By
Unknown, at
8/31/2007 8:15 AM
You area blog celebrity, no doubt about it. Your car wash picture will break all technorati records :)
By
MaR, at
8/31/2007 9:04 AM
I totally agree on the soup!
Love your feast photo! LOL
By
Michelle Quinno, at
8/31/2007 9:34 AM
of course you are a celebrity :) Funny about the car wash!! LOL--wonderful feast you served.
By
Anonymous, at
8/31/2007 10:11 AM
How awful to be perfect !! Please prevent your children of a perfect mother ! and do me a favour don't become perfect !!! You should move to the UK hats are still very much in fashion. I could admire today wonderful species coming out of a phantasy full brain ! Amazing creations ! Only birds were missing on the hats. I watched the Diana memorial service at BBC and there I saw these beautiful hats !
By
Ingrid, at
8/31/2007 10:17 AM
Great feast!! I *love* the car wash picture!!
Have a great weekend!!
By
Anonymous, at
8/31/2007 10:31 AM
Great feast, Melli! I didn't have time to play this week.
Hey, I have a present for you over at my place. Hugs to you.
:-) Susan
By
Susan, at
8/31/2007 2:30 PM
Melli, You are so right..We can talk to our girlfriends about anything.My mom and I ; plus my daughters can also talk about everything ; plus Sex.We have always had a open relationship.....Have a relaxing week-end. Love ya, Baba
By
Baba, at
8/31/2007 2:45 PM
The car wash pic sure is one that would be world famous if nothing else! *giggles*
... and surely there must be other ancient times with wild hat creations? How about the 18th century? They had gorgeous hats!
Even though I didn't participate in FF this week, I agree with tha the questions were great!
By
Anonymous, at
8/31/2007 3:49 PM
Hi Melli... cute blog. Love your feast.
By
Jackie, at
8/31/2007 11:20 PM
Hi Melli! I enjoyed reading your feast =). You're right the best time to have a child is when God bless you with one.
Have a great weekend!
By
Kristine, at
9/01/2007 2:23 AM
Post a comment
<< Home