Making a Band Meme...
I have been tagged by Gattina, to create a CD cover. This Band meme came originally from Mimi Writes, the meme queen and peace globe initiator.Here's how it goes. You are about to have your own band's CD cover. Follow these directions to the letter. It's fun and requires no thought at all. Go to......
1.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
The first article title on the page is the name of our band.
2.http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
The last four words of the very last quote is the title of our album.
3. http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days/
The third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover
4. Use whatever you want to make a nice cover and post the official result.
and here is my cover :
Now, I gotta tell ya ... when I hit the wiki random search and up popped AEREON, I went... HUH? It's a "manufacturer of hybrid airships". I was like, oh great! Then I go the the quotes thing and I get "does not love her"... *sigh*... and now I'm bettin' that when I go to the picture thing I'll probably get a gas pump or cigarette butt or something... but then... I got a BIRD! A tufted titmouse! (and I had to wonder for a second if it belonged to our good friend Barbara - cuz it's sO pretty! But no... it belongs to someone named Mary, who I sincerely apologize to for stealing it...) But it DID make the whole album cover sort of "come together" - did it not???I'm not taggin' folks -- but I DO recommend you try this! It was fun!







8 comment(s):
Hey Melli! That is neat! I tagged you! :-D
By
Anonymous, at
1/16/2008 5:00 PM
Tired. IF I remember, I'll do it this weekend.
By
Anonymous, at
1/17/2008 2:55 AM
Melli that's great, lol ! Isn't that a coincidence, it's just like my cow with the Professors, lol ! Our CD covers are much better then the one you see in the shops ! You can see a lot of them on Mimi's blog ! She also made a blogroll of the participants.
By
Ingrid, at
1/17/2008 6:15 AM
No time lately!! Working too much to play this week. You made a nice cover though. i really like it!! Very cute bird!! i could not sleep last night so am up early with my post then off to work soon. sandy
By
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at
1/17/2008 6:33 AM
I did it, go see!!! This was kind of fun! I was VERY surprised by what came up for the name of my band but it actually works....I think!
By
Jane, at
1/17/2008 9:59 AM
I think it's a GREAT cover Melli!!!
I may hafta try it too sometime.
By
Hootin Anni, at
1/17/2008 10:13 AM
I'm suffering from long days - but I have done this...think I'll meme it over the weekend, for M&G - giving you due credit, of course sweetie.......
And, btw - I knew what you meant on your comment!
cq
By
craziequeen, at
1/17/2008 3:17 PM
Melli.. I am SO stealing this meme... what fun it sounds like!
By
Judy, at
1/19/2008 12:16 AM
Post a comment
<< Home