ABC Meme Thingy... AND the Alphabet Challenge - Letter "U"
ABC's of Me, I think it's called. I picked it up over at Stray Thoughts ... I think that's two in a row now!!!Accent: I don't currently have one, but I am accused of being one of those people that picks up whatever accent is in the area where I'm living. (even if I'm only there for two weeks!)
Breakfast or no breakfast: I used to be breakfast every morning about the minute I woke up. But lately I have been coffee only until about 11:30 -- and then instant starvation!!!
Chore I don’t care for: Any of them! Think about this... if it's called a chore that's what it is! Otherwise it's called an activity! Which may or may not be a fun one! Okay... okay! So you want me to choose ONE... scrubbing floors!
Dog or Cat: Both! One dog, two cats. (used to be 3) I'm ready for none!
Essential Electronics: Microwave. Camera. Computer.
Favorite Cologne: Red Door!
Gold or Silver: I'm a mixer!
Handbag I carry most often: OY! I'm seasonal! I used to love my black one - but I had to give that up because Mom kept thinking it was hers! Right now I'm carrying a little blue & white pin stripe by Tommy. It's cute. The kids tease me about it (mainly because I NEVER buy "brands", but this time I did! I guess I'm not allowed to buy a "brand" even if that IS the purse I like the best!) LOL!
Insomnia: Not for a long time!
Job Title: Zoo keeper!
Kids: Yep! 4 of 'em! 2 girls, 2 boys... all grown! (and I didn't think they'd all make it....)
Living Arrangements: Our House is a very very very fine house (fine house) with two cats in the yard...life used to be so hard... *sigh* I am Married... with children and pets and a mother-in-law! We all live together in a little crooked house.
Most Admirable Trait: I haven't killed anyone... yet.
Naughtiest Childhood Behavior: Oh my... at what AGE? I think I pretty much broke ALL the commandments by the time I was 16... but THEN I grew up! I became a fine upstanding model citizen of the United States of America! It's a miracle!
Phobias: Y'all know this one! I'm claustrophobic like crazy! DON'T FENCE ME IN!!! (they wrote that song for ME!)
Quote: I don't have a favorite quote. I've always liked Thomas Jefferson's "I cannot LIVE without books!" ... which is really only the first part of the quote ... but I mean really... that's not very prophetic or "feel good" - it just speaks my heart! I do admire him though... He is probably the one historical political figure that I would like to converse with.
Reason to smile: I need a reason? Hm. God & Family!
Siblings: 4 sisters, 2 brothers ... I think I'm adopted!
Time I wake up: Way-2-early o'clock! Especially for someone who doesn't have "a job".
Unusual Talent or Skill: ROFLMBO!!! Just being me! It's harder than you think!
Vegetable I Refuse to Eat: Is LIVER a vegetable? Honestly - I haven't met the veggie I won't at least TRY! Just don't try to feed me a POTATO Bug and call it a vegetable! I'm not buyin' it!
Worst Habit: Refusing to take life seriously.
X-rays: No thanks! I've had some! (see "O")
Yummy Stuff: Food again? Couldn't they ask if I can Yodel or if I own a Yak or what's my favorite shade of Yellow? Is it always about FOOD? YAMS! Yellow Squash! Yesterday's leftovers!
Zoo Animal I Like Most: O! Ooo! Ooo! When I was a kid my favoritest favorite animal was always the Ant Eater! I loooooooved them! And I do still think they are pretty cool - but the Washington Zoo hasn't actually HAD one for ages... they still have a statue of one - but I haven't seen an actual BREATHING one in years! So I moved to other end of the alphabet, and now my favorite zoo animal is a Zebra!!! For REAL!!! I loooooove them! They're so cute!!!
***************************
"U" is definitely for ... Umbrella!I know I took the easy way out on this - but with all
the rain God has BLESSED us with recently, I really
could hardly avoid it! And I really have appreciated
ALL the rain!
Thank you God!
Labels: Alphabet Challenge, meme's







15 comment(s):
And I love the umbrella - that blue is gorgeous!
I loved reading all those things about you in the meme - terrific.
I might like to do that later.
By
Carletta, at
5/21/2008 2:11 AM
Great color for an umbrella on a gray and rainy day!
Love the meme -- and if I had to pick a vegetable I disliked, I'd say Mustard Greens. You can have them. I'll eat your share of the liver.
By
Anonymous, at
5/21/2008 4:06 AM
It's a beautiful photo of an umbrella. You managed to make it look interesting. Well done. I'm all caught up to "U" now too, haha.
By
Anonymous, at
5/21/2008 5:22 AM
Bark!! Very pretty... makes me feel blue on a gray day. Arf, arf, arf.
Anyway, mine is all up now too.
By
Anonymous, at
5/21/2008 5:23 AM
Oh, the microwave! How could I have forgotten that? I would be hard=pressed to live without one these days.
"Zoo keeper" -- LOL!
I love your answers!
By
Anonymous, at
5/21/2008 8:47 AM
I loved this list!! What cool answers and of course it sounds just like you for sure!! I loved those answers!! Tomorrow I have to do the alphabet Y!! Oh no!! We are off to the TEA Room today!! Love your umbrella picture!! What a great way to take the picture.
Sandy
By
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at
5/21/2008 9:49 AM
I thought of umbrella, but was too lazy to go out to the car to get one. LOL!!
You did a great job photographing it. You've made an everyday object into something interesting. Well done!!
By
Karen Coutu, at
5/21/2008 10:33 AM
I should have thought about an umbrella living in a country where it always rains, lol ! I wish I could hear your accent if you have spent a week with me here. Would it be a french one or a german??
Since you spoke about the works on your house to be done, we have decided to have the roof cleaned of the growing moss and painted ! they just work at our neighbors and asked us if we want to do it too. So we said yes, because it is necessary.
BTW my new microwave IS a DREAM !!
Today I went to the Travel Agency to complain about this "guide" ! The other participants did it too. I tell you go never to Greece if you don't want to get a depression ! those people are soooo unpolite and unfriendly ! Even my Travel Agency agreed !
By
Ingrid, at
5/21/2008 10:36 AM
"Under my umbrella..ella..ella", now I will have that song stuck in my head, lol. Lovely picture for U, I mean from U :)
Chore I don’t care for: Any of them! cheers for Melli!! I agree 200%!!! Oh, and I love that "our house" song.
I eat breakfast with my 3rd cup of coffee...and before coffee I have a glass of OJ. So I guess I am having breakfast for about an hour...
The roses are from a friend's garden, she's got the green thumb I am lacking.
;)
By
Anonymous, at
5/21/2008 12:02 PM
I like your worst habit! I think I'm the same! LOL! Great choice, an umbrella, but if you live in Belgiium, you hate umbrella's, you need them too much in this country!
By
Jientje, at
5/21/2008 3:15 PM
I really like the alphabet about U and this umbrella picture. It is unique.
By
Dr.John, at
5/21/2008 3:26 PM
oh, we had the same idea :)
but i love your photo... my take was a little different, though...
and it was fun to read your meme
By
juliana, at
5/21/2008 3:48 PM
I loved your list too! You sound like such a cool person!! I think your sense of humor is so great when you have so much on your plate! Isn't that what the young folks say now days!! You do good!! love and hugs Grams
By
Talk..to..Grams, at
5/21/2008 8:12 PM
I like how you composed this image. Very creative. Nice work.
By
Robert, at
5/21/2008 8:12 PM
I enjoyed this. "Living Arrangements" about cracked me up!
By
SandyCarlson, at
5/21/2008 10:25 PM
Post a comment
<< Home