.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Monday, June 16, 2008

Randomness...

Beauty in the median strip...

Not much happening today... Just counting down the days until the beach. Get this! I've started PACKING already!!! Whoo hoo! Well... I figured while I was doing all that laundry, I might as well just fold some of it and put it in the suitcases! Save a step along the way! My right shoulder has started bothering me again... another OLD pain from before I lost weight and exercised regularly. Ugh... I have just got to get myself organized and get BACK to being healthy. In the meantime... I have an appointment to get a cortisone shot on Wednesday. Wellllllll... I don't want to end up in the emergency room on VACATION!!!

Oh Bible study tonight was interesting! We've been studying David -- supposed to be a 9 week study - but my Monday night group - we pick things over with a fine tooth comb -- so this study has gone on for 6 months! LOL! We are finally on the last chapter of the study -- and we still couldn't finish it up tonight! We got off on a sidebar -- had a major huge discussion about the Triune God head... and how we each "deal" with it. Knowing there is only ONE God! ONE God! That's all there is -- but then we pray TO God, THROUGH Jesus, FOR the Holy Spirit to work through us. Man! It's no wonder non-Christians think we're nuts sometimes!!! I've been a Christian ALL.MY.LIFE. -- and I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around it sometimes! It really WAS a great discussion though!

14 comment(s):

oh oh Oh...I know how that works. You see it is like this....God, being all powerful and awesome and all that, couldn't come to Mary...well, because she would know what the heck to think or maybe she wouldn't recognize Him or something, but anyway He became the Holy Spirit and came to and through Her that way so she could bear Jesus in a form we could recognize and love. Make sense now? It does to me and has ever since I heard that explanation. That way God is the Holy Trinity and there is no mistaking it at all.

By Blogger Amber Star, at 6/16/2008 11:22 PM  

Actually he was Jesus in that form. Just had to come back and put that part in. This thing doesn't accept html and I thought it was as bad as failing the crazy handicap letter thing the other night on a blog.

By Blogger Amber Star, at 6/16/2008 11:24 PM  

Liked your flowers from the medium.
The reason there is a problem explaining God in three persons is that He is God.

By Blogger bettygram, at 6/17/2008 1:15 AM  

Not medium but median.

By Blogger bettygram, at 6/17/2008 1:20 AM  

Love the poppies!

Good for you for starting early on packing. I usually put it off till the last minute - maybe because I'm washing at the last minute - LOL!

By Blogger Carletta, at 6/17/2008 1:31 AM  

I am leaving on Saturday, Melli. I should start packing!! Hope the shot does it, I am afraid of needles but I cannot stand pain...
Happy Tuesday!

By Blogger MaR, at 6/17/2008 2:01 AM  

I'm excited for you...

I hope you have a wonderful time.

Yeah, that triune God thing can be quite confusing. I can totally see how a study of David could take a all YEAR...much less six months.

:-) Susan

By Blogger Susan, at 6/17/2008 2:56 AM  

It's three, three, three Gods in One.

When I was a kid, our youth group did a take-off on the old Double Mint Gum commercials. I think the skit was for family night or some such thing and we were trying to explain how God could be the One God, when he had three identities. It was fun.

Speaking of fun -- will you be blogging from the beach? You are putting the computer in your suit case?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/17/2008 4:54 AM  

You know this is what bible study is for..to get you discussing and learning how all of this really works. Mostly through FAITH!! You got off on rabbit trails..that is what we call it instead of a sidebar!! smile. hope you are doing great..Going on vacation? Sandy

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 6/17/2008 7:57 AM  

First, hope your shoulder feels better.

Second, have a ball at the beach! Is Luz going?

Third, I have also been a Christian all my life. I used to ask so many questions about God until about 20 years ago when I lay near death. Something happened that I never talk about because, well frankly, most people would think I was nuts, but anyway, after that experience, I JUST KNEW! So I am at peace.

By Blogger Maribeth, at 6/17/2008 9:29 AM  

What ?? you are packing already ?? when do you leave ??? I pack the day before and that's it. But I make sure that ALL laundry is done, so I can choose. Today my washing machine leaked and the kitchen was full of water while I washed my curtains ! I had to finish them in the bath tube. But the machine behaved nicely, today is the last day it's warranted ! so I don't have to pay anything for the technician !

By Blogger Ingrid, at 6/17/2008 10:46 AM  

It is a tough concept. One in which I don't think we'll ever completely grasp in our humanness. I've heard it explained in an analogy to water. It takes 3 forms: water, ice, vapor yet all are the same thing. The Father is 100% God; Jesus is 100% God; The Holy Spirit is 100% God. Not 1/3 each. Yet there is one God. And now we get to try to wrap our finite brains around that!

By Blogger Robert, at 6/17/2008 11:48 AM  

When are you leaving? I can't remember. I need to go back to the podiatrist and get a cortisone shot in my foot...but dang that hurts so much that night. Have fun while you are gone and we will be thinking of you.

By Blogger Amber Star, at 6/17/2008 2:33 PM  

Getting ready for a vacation and having a gresat Bible Study. Could life be any better than that?

By Blogger Dr.John, at 6/17/2008 6:09 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home