.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I know, I know, I knOw!

I knOw I have internet capability and I've been absent... but the fact IS when THESE guys show up, life gets busy in a whole different way! A more RELAXING way! A more boring way as far as blogging goes -- because when Mathew & Carol come we sit around like we did when the kids were little and play games and cards and they drink beer and we just reeeeeelaaaaax and enjoy each other's company. But we do a LOT of that! Poor Amanda was actually BORED by us in the evenings! SHE doesn't like to play cards or games. She is action action action, go go go - and I can be that and totally ENJOY it! But when Mathew & Carol just want to kick back and relax I can do that too! And totally enjoy IT too!

We DID go to SunFest on Sunday though...

That was fun! It's OC's last hurrah of the Summer season. As of Monday they rolled up the streets and anything fun came to a screeching halt! Which gave us even more reason to just bundle up in sweats and watch the mercury drop! Today was actually the last day of even SUN for my 3 weeks! Tomorrow the rain is moving in and we will have rain through at least Sunday - which means the rest of my vacation - cuz I go home Saturday! I might actually go home Friday... we'll see! I love COLD at the beach. Sweats on the beach is just FINE with me... but rain kinda kills even the opportunity for walking the boardwalk... OR the beach for that matter!


We also had some good meals out together! This was taken
at Fager's yesterday. We had lunch there right before Amanda
& Luz headed home! Luz could not WAIT to get home!
She found out on Monday that it was the first day of FALL!
She has a million pairs of NEW Fall shoes that she has been
waiting and waiting and waaaaaaaiting to wear! That child is
ALL ABOUT her shoes! (have you heard this enough times yet?)

Today Carol's brother, Matt - who goes to school in Salisbury - came to visit. We went to Duffy's for lunch and then sat around and played games until they all left. Now it's just Mom & I again... ho hum... yea... we'll probably go home on Friday! LOL! NOW my battery is dieing again... and so I will publish and go back to the beach house! See ya tomorrow -- for sure!

11 comment(s):

I'm more of the stay at home and talk and play games type, too.

That's funny about Luz and her love for shoes!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/25/2008 12:00 AM  

See, that's why I have so seldom occasion to go to the sea here in Belgium, it rains !!
I am not a game player and would rather join Amanda, lol but it is so nice for you to have a lot of family members around. Can't believe that's already 3 weeks you are gone !
I am counting down for my holiday departure on Nov 15 for 2 weeks Egypt, to get the sunshine we didn't have this summer !

By Blogger Ingrid, at 9/25/2008 12:18 AM  

When we would loose our second oldest in say bank lines or grocery lines we would find her petting some one's shoes. So I totally understand Luz' love of shoes. Cinderella proves that shoes can make your future!

Have a good rest of your beach vacation.

By Blogger Lanny, at 9/25/2008 12:28 AM  

You haven't posted often, but when you do, it's fun! I am stretched to tbreaking. Don't know when I'll be able to post again. OC had a concert tonight and I haven't been home for more than a 6.5 hours any night this week.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/25/2008 4:22 AM  

I am so totally bummed about the rain! I am going to be in PA for the Dog Show and it's going to be rainy and windy and miserable! Yuck!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/25/2008 8:23 AM  

You have had a fabulous vacation. I would love 3 weeks at the beach, but not with my mil now. I could dig some rainy cold days...but I'd dig them more after I get home. I agree those kinds of days aren't the best at the beach. :)

By Blogger Amber Star, at 9/25/2008 12:06 PM  

I like the go go go thing like Amanda!! But there is also a time for relaxing too. Have you read Lazy Daisy today. I thought it was so funny..go read it..Only she would come up with this..Sandy

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 9/25/2008 2:09 PM  

You sure have had a great vaction. I have some in our family who like to play games and others rather be on the go too!!
Enjoy your last day of vaction!! Hugs and Blessings ,Grams

By Blogger Talk..to..Grams, at 9/25/2008 2:09 PM  

I no longer envy you. I hate cold beaches. I do love to play cards though. My kids know that if thgey come to visit at least one canasta game is in order.
So it's fall and I'm stuck with the same old shoes. Luz is so lucky.

By Blogger Dr.John, at 9/25/2008 7:04 PM  

We sit around and watch Oscar sleep or try to get Suzy down to rest. So glad you had your family at the beach.

By Blogger Lazy Daisy, at 9/27/2008 1:02 PM  

Melli: short, sweet and sublime.

Rich

By Blogger Richard, at 9/27/2008 1:10 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home