Wordzzle... and Beachy Stuff...

Words for this week's 10-word challenge: budget, news, outer space, gargantuan, brass band, Purple Rose of Cairo, polar bears, insight, innovations, mute
I heard on the news the other night about that new "budget" dance club for poor blokes like me. They were having their grand opening Friday night and I stopped in. They had a great brass band playing... Purple Rose of Cairo & The Polar Bears! The trumpet player was awesome, and the trombone ... DUDE! The light show was like something from outer space... which was cool because the decor is all gallactic too. I ordered a Blue Moon and it came to me in a gargantuan space capsule with those flickering lights around it! Totally cosmic! The club is split into nine separate areas - each a different planet - and Saturn even has rings floating around it - what
great innovations! The owners have put a lot of thought into this and have some great insight! And the fact that there was NO cover charge left me mute! I think Planktyn Planet is going to be smashing success!
And for the mini challenge: investments, purring, death penalty, mercury, convalescent home
When our investments plummeted, the engine quit purring and the mercury climbed higher. It felt like a death penalty, but we had no choice... we would have to send the old clunker to a convalescent home for Ford Trucks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And some more random stuff from our adventures....
Chilly Beach!
Ella bowlin'...
Mom & Ella ride the tram up & down the boardwalk.
Lunch at Fish Tales... a fabulous little place on the Bay side!
These relaxing chairs help make Fish Tales the fabulous
little place it is!!!
A verrrrrrrry short beach!!!
And some more random stuff from our adventures....
Chilly Beach!
Ella bowlin'...
Mom & Ella ride the tram up & down the boardwalk.
Lunch at Fish Tales... a fabulous little place on the Bay side!
These relaxing chairs help make Fish Tales the fabulouslittle place it is!!!
A verrrrrrrry short beach!!!Several of you have asked how much longer I have at the beach -- today begins my final week. Next Saturday we will be driving home... and I am going to MISS it here! The ocean really really does do something to my heart that just puts me at peace with the world! I've explained to your before how MUCH I feel God's presence in the Ocean... and when I am HERE and can see that huuuuuuge wide expanse I just feel surrounded by Him! Not that I'm not aware of Him in all of nature... but ... I don't know... the Ocean is just something else! This has been a GREAT vacation. (and it's not over yet!)
The weather is wreaking havoc for the SunFest -- and I feel really sorry for the town, because SunFest is the Last Hurrah ... the END of summer... and the BIG SALES when the Boardwalk merchants get rid of their inventory. Unfortunately the cooler temps have kept a great many people away this weekend, and the inventory is not disappearing quite the way they hoped. GOOD news for ME - because much is down now to 90% off!!! Usually it tops out at 75% off until like Sunday afternoon! I think soon they'll be GIVING stuff away! LOL!
My kiddo's arrive back here this afternoon so I doubt I'll be here for a few days... I'm scheduling a post for tomorrow... but then it will be a few days. I've got BIG plans though!!! Now... I'm off to read some Wordzzles!
The weather is wreaking havoc for the SunFest -- and I feel really sorry for the town, because SunFest is the Last Hurrah ... the END of summer... and the BIG SALES when the Boardwalk merchants get rid of their inventory. Unfortunately the cooler temps have kept a great many people away this weekend, and the inventory is not disappearing quite the way they hoped. GOOD news for ME - because much is down now to 90% off!!! Usually it tops out at 75% off until like Sunday afternoon! I think soon they'll be GIVING stuff away! LOL!
My kiddo's arrive back here this afternoon so I doubt I'll be here for a few days... I'm scheduling a post for tomorrow... but then it will be a few days. I've got BIG plans though!!! Now... I'm off to read some Wordzzles!







16 comment(s):
Great wordzzling. That club sounds like a great idea. Someone should invent it in real life. Your travels continue to look wonderful. I swear I'm jealous of that elephant. She knows how to have a good time. I was showing my 11 year old neighbor the pictures and she wanted me to invite Ella for a visit. Alas, my life is too dull for the likes of Ella. She'd be bored out of her mind in no time.
By
Raven, at
9/20/2008 11:12 AM
I grew up near the beach, then moved away and forgot how much I loved it til we revisited. We don't get there as often as I'd like, but I actually prefer the off season when it is not so crowded.
Would love to hit those sales! Love the pictures of Ella!
Have fun!
By
Anonymous, at
9/20/2008 11:35 AM
I can picture Saturn and wonder about Mars! Great job.
By
Anonymous, at
9/20/2008 11:36 AM
The place where you are seems to be very beautiful. I also love the sea and it is good for my nerves I get so relaxed while looking at the waves and also happy ! Hope your MIL was not a too bad company for you. Enjoy the last week and I wish you better weather !
By
Ingrid, at
9/20/2008 11:55 AM
I am a child of the sea. I was born on Cape Cod and raised there. My mother said I could swim before I could walk.
I also feel God's presence at the ocean's edge and in the mountains where I live now. When I stand and view the enormity of the mountains around, I have no doubt that the Lord is with me.
By
Anonymous, at
9/20/2008 12:39 PM
Hope you enjoy the last week! I left you a comment about Ella on her post - I'd love to have her visit NJ.
Your stories are wonderful. You should copyright the club idea!! It is doable :)
and poor Ford ...
great stuff melli!
By
Dianne, at
9/20/2008 1:58 PM
When I saw the ocean for the first time last year I thought, It goes on and on for ever just like God's Love!
Keep on having a good time! Love and Hugs Grams
By
Talk..to..Grams, at
9/20/2008 3:02 PM
Ha. cool Wordzzles. The club was an ingenious idea.
My wife and I love the beach too. can't get enough of it.
By
Jeff B, at
9/20/2008 3:11 PM
You are so dang creative!
Wow...90%!!! That's my kind of sale. I hope you all have a great rest of the weekend and am so thankful you've had time in this place that you love so much. I feel that way about the mountains.
Hugs,
Susan
By
Susan, at
9/20/2008 3:53 PM
Great wordzzles - I liked the home for Ford trucks.
Soak up the sales and hope for more hot sunny weathere!
By
Carletta, at
9/20/2008 4:14 PM
Thanks for stopping by. I'd like to go to that club. Enjoy the beach. We haven't been there in ages. I too am 50 yrs, been married to my hubby 24 yrs next month.
By
Lu', at
9/20/2008 7:22 PM
I am so glad you are having such fun. Ella is going to be thoroughly spoiled and she will find Hawaii boring simply because YOU aren't here.
By
Anonymous, at
9/20/2008 10:51 PM
Enjoy your last week there, Melli! I like a chilly beach :)
By
Anonymous, at
9/21/2008 7:27 AM
I bet you were good in English! Or maybe then you did not care!! hm!! I am always so surprised how you can take those words and make something readible into them!! Smile
You know that Kathy is a grandmother now..again!!Suzy had her baby yesterday!!
Have a wonderful week...Sandy
By
Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at
9/21/2008 9:14 AM
Great wordzzles! I love the name of the band too!
The Beach (I feel it needs capitalization) is a sanctuary for me as well.
Enjoy your last week there!
By
Anndi, at
9/21/2008 9:25 AM
Missed reading the wordzzles on Saturday.I was sick.
I liked your club theme with everything working together so nicely.
The really short one was fantastic.
I loved the pictures as well.
It looks like Ella is having a great time.
By
Dr.John, at
9/22/2008 6:32 PM
Post a comment
<< Home