.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thursday 13... if I can count that high... And stuff...

In which Melli tells complains whines about why
she can't WAIT for her kitchen to be done.

1. I want my living room back. Much of the kitchen "stuff" is living in my living room while I paint!

2. Aside from the never ending cabinet doors, I am down to nothing but the floor trim left.

3. My KNEE does not like to bend right now and so getting down to tape off the floor trim and then getting up and then getting down again to paint the floor trim is not looking promising OR fun.

4. Laying on the floor to paint the floor trim and shimmying around the 24 x 12 kitchen on my belly isn't sounding terribly appealing either. (I liked the ceiling much better -- never thought I'd say THAT!!!)

5. But I just want the job DONE so it will go away and I can ENJOY it!

6. The never ending cabinet doors. 7 of them have been re-hung at this point. 8 of them are primed on two sides and painted (twice) on one side. THEY will be hung tonight! That leaves just 7 more... never ending cabinet doors.

7. Oh. I forgot I do still need to paint the outlet covers. I got *new* covers for the light/fan switches - but will re-use all the outlet covers. There are 11 of them! That's 22 plugs - and we use almost all of them! That's crazy! Way too much electricity for one room....

8. I can not WAIT to start hanging all the *new* little pretties I got for the room!

9. I will not ALLOW myself to hang ANY little pretties until the room is FINISHED.

10. But I just want the job DONE so it will go away and I can ENJOY it!

11. Part of being "finished" means relying on Dennis to buy, cut and hang some quarter round on the ceiling -- to cover up all my unsightly boo-boos ... which are NOTHING compared to HIS boo-boos from the one afternoon that he HELPED me paint! (he painted all the electrical outlets! The actual PLUG holes! WHY would he DO that???) (yep! I'm a snitch!) Now we gotta find a way to get that paint OFF of there! I don't want it there! LOL! (don't worry - it's stayed friendly. but he knows that he is never to offer to HELP me paint again! He's realllly bad at it!)

12. We are now slipping into the 4th week of this project...

13. To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under Heaven. Well... Kitchen painting season is OVER! It's TIME for me to move on!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really don't have much on the "Stuff" agenda today! I did want to tell you all that I had never heard of a Corn Box either! And I didn't take that picture - Amanda sent it to me after they took Luz to a pumpkin patch and corn maze last week! Sooooooo I was taken as much by surprise as y'all were -- and I said the same thing Quilly did --- EWWWWW after it RAINS!!! Obviously it is a fun thing for the kids though -- there were some dumptrucks and bull dozers and stuff in there too - and Luz played in it for awhile. So, I guess it served it's purpose!

Oh... one of the hermit crabs passed on to hermit crab heaven this week. I think he was heartbroken and missing Ella. He just pined away... quit eating...
T'was sad. :(

12 comment(s):

I am sending good "kitchen is done" thoughts your way.

By Blogger Carmen, at 10/23/2008 8:01 AM  

Don't give up hope to finish your kitchen one day, famous painters worked sometimes for years on a masterpiece !

By Blogger Ingrid, at 10/23/2008 8:33 AM  

You go ahead and whine girl.....it's your prerogative!! Just remember all the wonderful pictures you will be able to share with us and we can oooo and ahhhh over your masterful painting job and decorator skills and BEG you to do OUR kitchen and sing your praises, compare you to all those fancy smancy decorators on HGTV and place you on a pedestal!!!
There now......all better?????

By Blogger Jane, at 10/23/2008 8:57 AM  

Having to crowd all the stuff in another room is one of the most frustrating parts of a painting project.

There's light at the end of the tunnel -- or kitchen. You're getting there.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/23/2008 11:24 AM  

I can not WAIT to SEE all the *new* little pretties you got for the room!
;)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/23/2008 11:39 AM  

I think you'll LET us beg all we want, and that no way in heaven OR in hell you're ever gonna paint OUR kitchens, right?
You didn't mind the ceiling you said? Well, that's exactly what needs to be done over here? You CAN bring Ella? Hehehehe, LOL!
I'm sorry about the hermit crab, that's sad!
Well, if he did go to heaven, it's allright then I suppose?

By Blogger Jientje, at 10/23/2008 1:42 PM  

Outlets -- next time stick a nice wide swatch of tape over them before you paint. If you act quickly, you should be able to wash the paint off with only hot water (a damp rag is safest!).

If hot water doesn't do it try "Goof-Off". And if that doesn't work, the outlets will easily clean with a nylon brush (like a toothbrush) dipped in "Goof-Off", but make certain you keep a damp towel so none of the paint remover gets on your wall!

Oh -- and wear rubber gloves, don't let the outlet get too damp, and only wash one side at a time. You won't get shocked unless you make a contact between two plug "holes".

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/23/2008 2:00 PM  

Oh I am so not into painting this year that I haven't done a darn thing. Bad me! But your list reminds me of why I didn't start the projects after all!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/23/2008 2:22 PM  

I tried painting badly but she made me paint anyway. Dennis did a better job at getting out of painting than I did.
I hope you do enjoy thew job. I tried to imagine Betty crawling around o0n the kitchgen floor to paint but it was too funny.
Sorry about the crab. He will be missed.

By Blogger Dr.John, at 10/23/2008 6:46 PM  

You are about there now!! Keep going and you will get done..steadfastness!! Great thing to have and you are going to make it.
you will love "The SEcret of the bEES
I so enjoyed it. Take a kleenex though..they stayed so close to the book and I really liked that..I loved it..Sandy

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 10/23/2008 7:00 PM  

Do not get water in the holes...one or two...you will get shocked and it might be a very bad scene. Wait until daytime and turn off the electricity to that area while cleaning the paint off the outlets. Or get get Dennis to buy all new ones. *angelic smile* Painting is such a hard thing. I never really understand fully the magnitude of the project until about half way through when I'm totally worn out with it. Sounds like you are there. Hang in there. I'm making a shawl now, so not too much computer time. And I'm going to a trunk show on Saturday and it has nothing to to with Ella's family. There is going to be a fabulous yarn lady at the Jennings Streey yarn shoppe with her new stuff. Heck, it could be her old stuff for all I know....but I am going and am going to purchase a small amount for fun.

By Blogger Amber Star, at 10/24/2008 12:22 AM  

I can't wait to see pictures of your finished kitchen . . . pretties and all!

Karen of the MomDot Street Team
www.MomDot.com

By Blogger Karen Coutu, at 10/24/2008 1:07 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home