.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ruby Tuesday... and Stuff...

Ruby Tuesdayis hosted by Mary, The Teach

3 mugs I painted last week.
(they go with my dinnerware!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday was just a bizzy fun day! I got up and TRIED to get some blogging donein the morning ... but Mom and Krysti were having NONE of it! Krysti wanted me to start painting. I really didn't want to because I knew Luz & Amanda were coming... but she just stood over my shoulder and wasn't going to let me blog... so I figured I might as well paint! Of course when Luz got here, she wanted to paint too! So we got out some crafts and she painted a bit. I had given her her Valentines when she first got here -- and included a gift card to Walmart. She LOVES a gift card more than anything! So we went to Walmart and she got to shop! She was so CUTE - and really a GOOD shopper. She would pick things and put them in her cart - and then when she found something else, she would make a decision between things... what to keep and what to put back. She had $20 on her gift card and she finally ended up choosing a play telephone, a bell for her bicycle, and a plain $6 Barbie -- in just a bathing suit! I thought they were excellent choices. I was amazed at some of the things she put back though! But I'll tell ya -- she really WANTED that bell for her bike! If it had cost $20 all by itself, that's what she would have chosen!!! When we came back, she really really wanted to help us paint, so I gave her a brush and some magic clear paint (water) and she painted with us! Krysti and I had been working on a special project for the living room! That's what Luz was helping with! (not the walls) When Dennis got home, he put up the new blinds in the family room. THEY look really nice! I'm sO happy with them! We can't hang things in the living room yet - I'm not sure where the furniture is going to end up... so we have to wait a bit! Still might make some changes to the foyer too... not entirely decided yet.

Mom has another dentist appointment this morning -- this time to replace a filling. Krysti is leaving this morning to go back to school -- BUT... she'll be back again next weekend! LOL! Her car needs brakes, so Dennis is going to arrange to have it done next weekend. They'll be okay until then.

I'm trying to get around as much as time allows to visit you all... I'm sorry I don't make it every day. Eventually life will get back to normal -- but not for awhile yet! LOL!



Labels:

23 comment(s):

You should have told Kristy about Punny Monday! She might have joined in the fun, too! Then you'd have both been blogging and she wouldn't have been bugging you to paint.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/16/2009 10:25 PM  

What a good shopper that Luz has turned out to be. I love that she is able to make these choices. I can hardly wait to see pictures of the final project.

By Blogger Lazy Daisy, at 2/16/2009 10:32 PM  

I love the mugs...great job! That lobster face is too cute!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/16/2009 10:51 PM  

That red crab mug is adorable! :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/16/2009 11:07 PM  

Very nice LARGE mugs! I like not having to go back to the kitchen as often with that type.
Magic paint - only a Grandma would come up with that one - I love it!

Thanks for the belated birthday wishes. The velvet heart is Hershey's Pot of Gold.

By Blogger Carletta, at 2/16/2009 11:10 PM  

Melli, I can't believe all the projects you got goin' on. Maybe you'd better slow down a little. :-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/16/2009 11:30 PM  

You painted these? Awesome!

Paz

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/17/2009 12:32 AM  

I love the painted mugs, you're so talented! I got quiet a few mugs like that, but they already come with their own designs. Wish I could paint like you.

By Blogger Jama, at 2/17/2009 2:33 AM  

Love your painted mugs, Melli. Coffee??
:)

By Blogger MaR, at 2/17/2009 3:07 AM  

Busy busy busy huh? And not enough hours in a day? Yep! Tell me something!
I LOVE, absolutely LOVE those mugs!!

By Blogger Jientje, at 2/17/2009 3:25 AM  

Hi Melli. I love your post. I'm very impressed with your beautiful cups. Luz must be a real treasure to have in your life. Not only is she sOOO cute, but also sounds like a wonderful little girl.

Have a wonderful day.

Alice at I Was Born2Cree8

HoT & Ruby Tuesday

By Blogger Alice (in BC Canada), at 2/17/2009 4:27 AM  

Hallo from Germany! Just wanted to say hi and tell you we are doing well.
hugs!!!

By Blogger Maribeth, at 2/17/2009 7:26 AM  

There is painting, and there is painting. The mugs are so cute.
I like the idea of magic clear paint.
Learing to be a good shopper starts early.

By Blogger bettygram, at 2/17/2009 7:53 AM  

Cute paint job on the mugs!

By Blogger dot, at 2/17/2009 8:49 AM  

First thing I saw was me (I am cancer) on this cup ! and what a look ! hahaha !
Must be really fun to go shopping with a little girl !

By Blogger Ingrid, at 2/17/2009 10:24 AM  

Cute mugs!!

That's neat that Luz likes gift cards and is learning to make decisions in shopping.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/17/2009 11:06 AM  

Wow ... how talented you are! The mugs are wonderful ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/17/2009 1:19 PM  

The mugs are cute and fit your personality, too.

Good idea to give Luz the card so she can learn the value of money. My grandson hasn't a clue. He told me before Christmas his dad was probably going to buy him a new swing/fort/playhouse thing because his was getting pretty old. He is 7 and the swing set is at the most 3 years old. Kids :)

By Blogger Amber Star, at 2/17/2009 2:28 PM  

The words 'Melli' and 'normal' don't go together - we love you just as mad as you are :-)

Cool painted mugs too :-)

cq

By Blogger craziequeen, at 2/17/2009 2:39 PM  

My dear Melli only in Pigeon Falls does life ever get back to normal and that not for long. A good friend of mine said that normal at his house was chaos.
Loved the mugs.
Glad the painting has gone well.
It is good to teach a child that in life choices have to be made.

By Blogger Dr.John, at 2/17/2009 5:52 PM  

I like that smiling red crab. He must be smiling because as of now, he did not take the bait...and end up as dinner! All the mugs are great, a testament to your artistic style...

By Blogger Ralph, at 2/17/2009 6:00 PM  

It is amazing to me how you get any blogging done much less visiting with all that you are doing..When I was painting our inside i did not get much done except to paint...Nice to have you to stop by!!

By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at 2/17/2009 6:43 PM  

Hi Melli, you have been a busy bee!!I love your mugs.. so bright and cheerful.. Luz made good choices with her shopping and gift card..My grands love to get gift cards too!!!

I had my laser eye surgery today to unblock a drainage in the iris which is needed before my cataract surgery..it was so easy and pain free.

I can't wait to view your total paint job..I love how painting makes everything look so new and clean. Talk to you later.
Hugs, Baba

By Blogger Baba, at 2/17/2009 8:57 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home