.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sepia Scenes ... and Stuff

Sepia Scenes
Sepia Scenes are hosted by Mary.

I had a bit of fun with my sepia scene this week.
I started out with this picture of the Pride of Baltimore
coming into the harbor.

She's a beauty all by herself!
(even prettier with her sails up!)


Then I took away the color with I think I used a 45 sepia setting.
I thought this was a great shot for this... really brought out
the old timey in that boat!


And THEN I fiddled around some more and added a
verrrrrry light sandstone filter - and it made it look
like an etching! I LOVE this! I really thought this photo
was PERFECT for this because it brought out every ripple
in the water and EVERY line of rigging on that ship!

Fun, fun, fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finished the living room project that Krysti and I were working on Monday, and I'm finally in the process of getting the living room and family room back in order. I HAVE decided to re-paint one wall in the living room though -- so I will do that today and then I should be able to get the stuff back up on the walls and make it look like home again! When I started all this I was just going to paint paint paint until there was nothing left to paint! But I found out that I would never be able to do that and LIVE with it -- I had to get the downstairs back in order before I felt comfortable to move UP the stairs. So the hallway still sits... spackled and one side is cut in at the steps - but not at the ceiling... my nightmare! The hallway going up the steps is really two full stories high - less two steps. I tried to take a picture to show you - but it just doesn't... it's too many angles and two hard to tell whats going on. It's a painters nightmare! At least for me! I don't have scaffolding -- I'm not sure HOW I'm going to accomplish this feat! But I'm going to give it my BEST - and if that's not good enough -- I'll call somebody! I really think when I get to that point though, God will give me a brainstorm idea that will blow me away! That's what I'm countin' on anyway! And... Krysti comes back home tonight (Thursday) for the weekend again. She's my pusher! I'm not sure I LIKE that side of her!!! LOL! You may have guessed, but I really don't LIKE to hurry through a job! I would be MISERABLE on Trading Spaces! I like to take my time, do it right. When I start rushing I make all kinds of mistakes and I hate that! Soooo.... that's what I'm STILL up to!

Labels:

17 comment(s):

WoW! Fantastic experiment!!! That's sooo cool! I love all 3 of them, I don't think I can pick a favorite. I really like the color at the bottom of the boat in the 2nd one - it just seems to show up more so in that one. And the 3rd one really does look etched. Very Nice!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/18/2009 11:11 PM  

The Pride of Baltimore is a mighty fine vessel.
I like both renderings of your shot but the sepia alone is my favorite. I like how it highlights the clouds and the boat takes on just a light pinkish tone.
The etching is however very cool.

It is so much fun playing with this stuff!

Glad the painting is still going well. Looking forward to pics.

By Blogger Carletta, at 2/18/2009 11:11 PM  

The 3 pictures give an amazing result ! Looks like 3 different once !
Am I lucky that I don't have anything to paint here in our house ! I already suffer with you !

By Blogger Ingrid, at 2/19/2009 1:42 AM  

Intriguing transformations.
Playing around makes such fun, one actually never knows what comes up.

I so wish I had surplus for indoor decorating.
Our master bedroom needs a redo.
The worst is moving out the furniture...
Eventually it will be done.
From Felisol

By Blogger Felisol , at 2/19/2009 1:50 AM  

I like all three photos, but that last one is fantastic!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/19/2009 1:57 AM  

The last one looks like it is etched on a coin.

By Blogger Nessa, at 2/19/2009 7:12 AM  

You did a fantastic job with the pictures, Melli!!

By Blogger MaR, at 2/19/2009 9:08 AM  

Great subject for sepia...I really like it.

By Blogger Rose, at 2/19/2009 9:14 AM  

you're right. that sandstone filter on your picture really makes it pop!

And I'm talking to Gattina about possibly setting up a "real world" meet with her in Brussels, if we go there!

By Blogger Carmen, at 2/19/2009 10:24 AM  

AWESOME!!!! I love this....you're right, it looks like an etching!

By Blogger Jane, at 2/19/2009 10:51 AM  

That's a great experiment, it's very surprising how it came out, but I love it!

By Blogger Jientje, at 2/19/2009 10:54 AM  

I like the sepia print and the last one, too. That is a great subject for fiddling with.

Getting started painting around here seems to be the problem. I *think* I've finally found the paint I want in the front bedroom, but then I have to find carpet. I have drapes, but not rods. I want crown molding in there, too.

Moving the furniture out for that long..well...hmmm...it might be interesting to have a queen sized bed in the family room for a couple of weeks.

By Blogger Amber Star, at 2/19/2009 11:43 AM  

Fantastic!! The second shot looks so authentic that I can just imagine pirates being aboard her.

Oh my you did a lovely job and such a wonderful subject you chose!!

Thanks for sharing this treasure with us!!:-)

By Blogger Jackie, at 2/19/2009 12:25 PM  

Hmm, does Kristi know she your pusher? That probably isn't a good thing for someone in law enforcement. I get tired just hearing about all your projects. I'm just one lazy daisy. Loved your sepia pictures. Good job!

By Blogger Lazy Daisy, at 2/19/2009 12:57 PM  

All of those pictures are really great!

Wow, I don't know how anyone would do a ceiling like you described. There must be some way -- since somebody painted it before you moved in. Maybe a special ladder or something? I don't know.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/19/2009 1:17 PM  

You display one talent after another. I think what you did with the picture is fantastic.
Glad your painting, downstairs at least is almost done.

By Blogger Dr.John, at 2/19/2009 6:38 PM  

I love love love the sepia pictures! And I think the etching is fabulous.

Oh I'd die before I'd try and climb up that high in a staircase. I'm even fretting over my bathtub cause I have a whirlpool tub and these high ceilings...thus my bathroom is still builder white cause I won't try it.

If you come up with a brilliant idea, then maybe my bathroom could get a facelift too.

Hugs,

Susan

By Blogger Susan, at 2/20/2009 7:50 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home