A Lie.... and A Poem A Day #19...
Our poetic assignment today was to write an ANGRY poem. And so...The Lie: This poem is dedicated to Dr. John who inspite of the fact that he GUARANTEES a comment for a comment on HIS blog, and despite the fact that I left SEVERAL on his blog the last few days, completely neglected to COMMENT on MY blog yesterday... which caused me to be SO ANGRY that I wrote this poem!!!
A nightmare unfolds
before my eyes
Hate and Love entwined
Like tree
and vine
Anger choking patience
silent scream
When did they learn to be so mean?
And also... when did I?
Turmoil now lives
where peace did once reside
Too many
locked together
How can any one
survive
hearts
filled with chaos
confusion
polution?
Living, the problem
Love must be
the solution
Where to begin?
Instill desire
Extinguish fire
Swept by an ocean
new emotions
ride a wave of mirth
Rebirth.
before my eyes
Hate and Love entwined
Like tree
and vine
Anger choking patience
silent scream
When did they learn to be so mean?
And also... when did I?
Turmoil now lives
where peace did once reside
Too many
locked together
How can any one
survive
hearts
filled with chaos
confusion
polution?
Living, the problem
Love must be
the solution
Where to begin?
Instill desire
Extinguish fire
Swept by an ocean
new emotions
ride a wave of mirth
Rebirth.
The TRUTH?... I wrote this poem when my kids were all at that point in life when I thought I might kill them if they didn't quit HATING each other! At last, they are over that!!! And I still love Dr. John too! ;)
So, now I've borrowed 3 from my archives... Oh well... I'm BUSY gettin' ready for a verrrrry important trip! I LEAVE TOMORROW!!! HURRRRRAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!
So, now I've borrowed 3 from my archives... Oh well... I'm BUSY gettin' ready for a verrrrry important trip! I LEAVE TOMORROW!!! HURRRRRAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!
Labels: Poem A Day







10 comment(s):
Enjoy your trip Melli!!!!Travel safe, and enjoy your holiday!!
And um ... nope, I did not boil my asparagus, but how would you know that?
By
Jientje, at
4/19/2009 4:57 PM
I am sure I was at your blog yesterday. I remember the eggs . I typed out a comment.
Gone I guess into that weird place where lost comments go.
Today's poem is great even if old.
Looking forward to your coming.
I told Pastor Steve he has to be really good next Sunday because your coming.
Now I have to go and see if that comment is on the floor.
By
Dr.John, at
4/19/2009 5:07 PM
Have a great trip! We'll miss you!
I do remember those times with kids! I wondered if they would EVER get along! But they did learn.
By
Barbara H., at
4/19/2009 5:16 PM
Have a safe visit to Wisconsin. did Dr. John find his comments on the floor? LOL
By
ccorkran, at
4/19/2009 5:55 PM
Have a great trip! You used your children's anger with go use.
By
Nessa, at
4/19/2009 8:31 PM
Dr. John commented on my blog yesterday. Neneer, neneer, neneer!
And I hope you have a safe trip, but try not to have any fun so I don't have to be more jealous than I already am!
By
quilly, at
4/19/2009 8:40 PM
Your poem is great, because it not only true for the children but all of us.
By
bettygram, at
4/19/2009 11:37 PM
You are very talented, Melli, but I already knew that ::wink, wink::
Travel safely and have loads of fun!
By
MaR, at
4/20/2009 2:28 AM
Have fun, travel safely and check in with me often. Friday is her due date!
By
Maribeth, at
4/20/2009 7:31 AM
Have a nice trip and don't run over Dr. John when you see him. With you I never know !!
By
Ingrid, at
4/20/2009 10:38 AM
Post a comment
<< Home