A Green Tea Party....
Thursday I was supposed to go watch Luz practice for soccer... but the practice got rained out. I was sO disappointed! But yesterday I met up with she and Amanda for lunch, and then Luz came home to spend the night with me. When we got home, Luz immediately started going through Ella's box!
She brought Erika - her build a BEAR - with her and shewanted to see what kind of clothes Ella could share!
It wasn't long before changes were being made ... and thenext thing I knew I was on my way to Walmart to buy
a Tea Set! We absolutely positively HAD to have a tea party
and I was caught completely unprepared! We bought a tea-set
... and some green tea to put IN it!
She made sure each of her guests was taken care of...
I thought poor Erika (who I think should be named BEARica)got jipped in the clothing deal! Luz chose Ella's most elegant
dress for her, but put Erika in Zebra Pants and top ... I think
it MIGHT have been a purse thing! Ella certainly has more
dressy items she could have chosen for Erika! (though honestly
no one complained!)
Nothin' better than a Green Tea Party!But the next thing I knew...
I'd been replaced! Hmphf!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, yes! Luz is with me today and I will not be around much! We're doing... stuff! I have to tell you a JOKE that Luz made up though! It's sooooooooo cute! Luz's name is pronounced LOOSE like a loose tooth or a good baggy t-shirt! Loose! So a couple days ago Amanda was tickling Luz and she said "Luz! You are awfully WIGGLY! What are you so WIGGLY for?" And Luz said ... Because I'm LUZ! (loose!) LOL! She had just figured out that her name SOUNDED like another real word! So today she shared that joke with me -- I think she's a genius! Of course I do!
Labels: Grandbaby










14 comment(s):
I love that joke! Luz is a genius. And I love that her Grandparents had a tea party with her. You two are cool.
By
quilly, at
5/09/2009 1:50 AM
What a wonderful Tea Party. You all look like you are having such a wonderful time and even Ella dressed for the occasion. Love the joke :) Happy Mother's Day to you my friend :)
By
Anonymous, at
5/09/2009 3:52 AM
What a great tea party!! It must be awesome to share such moments and be in on all the fun. From going out to shop for all the right accessories to dressing up!
The joke is genius, and that's because she is!! She's such a smart kid, you must love her to pieces!
By
Jientje, at
5/09/2009 3:56 AM
So darned cute. Hey, if Dennis can join the tea party, I must convince Bud to do the same. Now where in the world can I rent a cute granddaughter?!!!
By
Hootin Anni, at
5/09/2009 7:23 AM
I agree, Luz is a genius and gorgeous and adorable. I want to have a tea party with a fat pink tea pot. Will you be my grandma, too?
By
Nessa, at
5/09/2009 8:29 AM
Oh you have me sitting here smiling like an old fool! Your little granddaughter just makes me smile all over!
By
Maribeth, at
5/09/2009 8:41 AM
Oh what fun!!! Tea parties are SO important. Looks like you and Luz (and your replacement!!) had a lovely time.
We had our sweet Zoe for a while yesterday. Her daddy (with Papa's supervision) hung a swing for her and put sand in her sandbox. What fun. I'll post pictures tomorrow.
These grandbabies are the best aren't they???
By
Jane, at
5/09/2009 2:06 PM
I love tea parties. Betty and Pennie's table won first prize at the Mother's Day Tea.
We miss Ella.
By
Dr.John, at
5/09/2009 7:10 PM
What a lovely tea party! And that was a clever joke!
By
Barbara H., at
5/09/2009 11:14 PM
So glad to see that you all have arrived home safely! Glad you had such an interesting trip! Wow, Luz is soooo beautiful! Give Ella a BIG hug for me!
By
Kathy, at
5/10/2009 2:04 AM
Well, Luz is a genius...right? It is sweet that she is figuring out how words sound alike.
By
Amber Star, at
5/10/2009 11:01 AM
I am sure THE Queen will be jalous when she sees your tea party ! I wished I could have had a cup with you, lol !
By
Ingrid, at
5/10/2009 11:25 AM
I love your tea party and Luz's joke.
By
bettygram, at
5/11/2009 12:10 AM
Come'on Nana, where's Luz's HAT??? For that matter, I can't believe Dennis isn't wearing one! I mean I know you are a Nana who LOVES a good tea party!! ;-) Susan
By
Susan, at
5/11/2009 9:37 AM
Post a comment
<< Home