A Visit with a Friend...
Mom & I went up to Baltimore to visit my friend John yesterday! You know... John Fogleman who was in a COMA! And John who came outta da coma! He is doing soooooo great! I got there while he was having PT -- so we went down to the gym and found him just getting on the bike to pedal! He made it look like waaaay too much fun! I started wishing I had MY bike - we could have raced! He would probably win... lol! No... this bike measures steps instead of miles. He went 262 steps in 15 minutes! And that was 5 minutes MORE than he's ever done before! He was showing off for me!
When he got done in PT, he was "free" for the rest of the afternoon, so I stayed with him for 2 hours and we read some Psalms, and just talked and talked. He had some interesting stories to share. He still talks very very quietly though -- I had to have him repeat a lot - or I had to miss some of what he was trying to tell me. But he is getting stronger every single day, and making sO much progress it's really just amazing! 
I loved this t-shirt he had on. I had never seen it before... YMBALI -- You Might Be A Lutheran If... there was a list of things on the back that MIGHT make you a Lutheran! OY! I just can't wait until this man is back home and at our Monday night Bible study where he belongs! I thank all of you that have prayed for him. He's come a long way -- but he still has a long way to go too! Your prayers are certainly still welcome! We are having a PRAISE service for him on Friday night! I'm looking forward to that. He really is a living miracle! Thank you God!
In other news, my Krysti has emailed from Europe. She is having a blast and has been on Tuesday to Darwin's home, and yesterday she went to Freud's London home, and then the Anna Freud Center. And then they went shopping at Harrods! Today she has a free day to roam around London, and tomorrow they head for Amsterdam! I won't see pictures until she gets home... I'm lucky I get emails! Her prof took his laptop - but none of the kids have them.







12 comment(s):
Praise God, indeed. I am glad John is doing so well.
And I am glad Kristi is having fun. I wish I was in that class and I hope she is taking pictures!
By
quilly, at
5/14/2009 1:23 AM
I'm glad your friend is recuperating so well!!!
Is Belgium on Kirsti's list too?
By
Jientje, at
5/14/2009 1:49 AM
Melli I am so glad that your friend John is doing much better. It is indeed a Blessing.
By
Anonymous, at
5/14/2009 1:53 AM
How wonderful that John is doing much better!!!! "Our" John is too, although he also has a long way to go, but I guess coming out of a coma is like a second birth...
Glad Krysti is having fun, which also includes shop-ping!! :)
By
MaR, at
5/14/2009 2:22 AM
I had forgotten about him and remember your earlier posts. I'm so glad he is doing so well. He looks great. Thank you for sharing this.
By
Anonymous, at
5/14/2009 5:25 AM
God is good. You know, he must have some real important work for John to do. Having survived a terrible accident like that myself, I have found that just when I thought I was free and clear, God tossed someone or something in my path to do his work on.
By
Maribeth, at
5/14/2009 7:38 AM
That is so amazing! So glad for answered prayer for John. I'm sure he has a long way to go and still needs love, prayer, and support, but praise the Lord for how far he has come.
You should read the Sisterchicks Go Brit book while Krysti is over there! I'm sure she'll have an amazing time.
By
Barbara H., at
5/14/2009 8:50 AM
John continues to amaze me with the progress he has made. I'm very happy for him and for you, too. I'd been wondering how he was doing just yesterday. We must be on the same wavelength :)
By
Amber Star, at
5/14/2009 9:10 AM
Oh yes...I'm so envious of Kristi I could just have a fit. How cool would it be to go shopping at Harrods! I'm really actually very glad she has this opportunity!
By
Amber Star, at
5/14/2009 9:12 AM
Praise God I will. I remember the days of learning to walk and all the PT but I couldn't go to the PT unit because I was on a ventilator so they had to come to me.
Sounds like Kristi is having a wonderful time.
By
Dr.John, at
5/14/2009 6:03 PM
He looks very good from where he comes !
Wow ! Krystie is in London, that's the town I love the most in Europe. Dario had lived there for 10 years and I was there nearly all 6 weeks ! and now she goes to Amsterdam, where he lives now ! I am sure she will be more than surprised to find "Coffee Shops" where you can smoke your little joint without any problems and you even get a menu card with the different qualities and prices of it, lol ! Of course you can also drink a coffee in there !
By
Ingrid, at
5/15/2009 12:48 AM
Melli, it's so nice to see how well your friend is doing. He is certainly making an amazing recovery.
And...I LOVE your new water feature. :-)
By
Tootie, at
5/16/2009 4:03 PM
Post a comment
<< Home