VBS Day 1 -- Before the fact...
VBS Day 1 CraftGod Made The World For You & Me
I will be spending my morning this morning making mobiles with the 4-10 year olds. I am EVER so fortunate to have Krysti coming to help me this morning! I can use all the hands I can get to tie string for the 4, 5 & 6 year olds! Supposedly I will have plenty of other help too -- we'll see!
The Middle School kids craft today.Robot and cross pony beads.
The Middle Schoolers stay out in the trailer all day to themselves. They have a bit of a different curriculum than the other kids. Usually, I come up with ONE craft for them that lasts all week - but this year I could NOT come up with an idea -- so they get 4 different ones. On Thursday they go off campus to do a service project, so no craft for that day!
I know I thought that THIS past week I was going to have a little bit more time to visit - and even to post. But I have been positively SWAMPED - and snafu's poppin' up everywhere! The wiffle ball heads for the robots are NOT happening -- those stupid balls just would NOT stay attached to the lids -- so yesterday I was running around looking for a ton of last minute stuff, and came across POOL NOODLES!!! Man! I bought 3 of them and that was enough to cut into pieces and make ALL the heads I NEED! And the hole in the middle fits right over those bottle tops! It's AWESOME! I'll take pictures Thursday when the kids make them! I can't believe I wasted all that money on wiffle balls! LOL! $4.50 worth of pool noodles was all I needed! *sigh*
Aside from the robots Krysti and I have finished everything for all the other crafts this week. I'm still waiting on clock parts to come in the mail -- but that was because I had to order MORE when the middle school enrollment went up. OY! They should be here tomorrow.
Krysti and I got my whole area decorated Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. It looks good! I'm happy with it! I hope it all stays up... falling stuff is always a problem, but each year we get a little more creative about how to MAKE stuff stay put! So we'll see!
I will TRY to find time to post this afternoon or evening about how today goes! I anticipate a very good day. I'm excited! See ya later! I HOPE to get around to some blogs SOME time today -- I know you are ALL feeling neglected!
I know I thought that THIS past week I was going to have a little bit more time to visit - and even to post. But I have been positively SWAMPED - and snafu's poppin' up everywhere! The wiffle ball heads for the robots are NOT happening -- those stupid balls just would NOT stay attached to the lids -- so yesterday I was running around looking for a ton of last minute stuff, and came across POOL NOODLES!!! Man! I bought 3 of them and that was enough to cut into pieces and make ALL the heads I NEED! And the hole in the middle fits right over those bottle tops! It's AWESOME! I'll take pictures Thursday when the kids make them! I can't believe I wasted all that money on wiffle balls! LOL! $4.50 worth of pool noodles was all I needed! *sigh*
Aside from the robots Krysti and I have finished everything for all the other crafts this week. I'm still waiting on clock parts to come in the mail -- but that was because I had to order MORE when the middle school enrollment went up. OY! They should be here tomorrow.
Krysti and I got my whole area decorated Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. It looks good! I'm happy with it! I hope it all stays up... falling stuff is always a problem, but each year we get a little more creative about how to MAKE stuff stay put! So we'll see!
I will TRY to find time to post this afternoon or evening about how today goes! I anticipate a very good day. I'm excited! See ya later! I HOPE to get around to some blogs SOME time today -- I know you are ALL feeling neglected!







9 comment(s):
I knew you were crazy busy with VBS. But how lucky those kids are to have you!
Enjoy your day!
By
Maribeth, at
7/20/2009 8:56 AM
Sounds like it is all coming together! Hope everything goes well!
By
Barbara H., at
7/20/2009 9:02 AM
My goodness what a work ! and what a creativity ! congratulations, you have the best ideas !
I hope you feel better and your head didn't explode.
Jientje and I will finally meet on thursday ! that will be fun ! She will pick me up at the station, it's easer to take the train, so I don't have to look for parking and it only costs me 5 € return ticket because I am retired. Sometimes that's an advantage !
By
Ingrid, at
7/20/2009 11:35 AM
Melli -- I haven't been around much myself, but I am still feeling your absence! It is amazing how important someone never met can become!
Those kids may never know how hard you worked or how lucky they are to have you, but I am certain you are creating precious memories just the same!
By
quilly, at
7/20/2009 1:47 PM
My darlin' Celmentine...I do miss you and know that you are busy but know that you are missed. But it's such a good project you are working on. I so wish I was there helping you. It looks so fun :)
By
Anonymous, at
7/20/2009 2:17 PM
Crap Clementine it should be LOL
By
Anonymous, at
7/20/2009 2:17 PM
Yes, Thom is right, I miss you too! Can't wait to see the pictures next Thursday, because I have no idea what pool noodles are! LOL!
By
Jientje, at
7/20/2009 2:45 PM
Wow....not in one million years would I have thought to use a pool noodle for a robot head...but I'm telling you, I can totally picture it. You're just amazing. I love the zeal with which you always approach your VBS.
Hugs,
Susan
By
Susan, at
7/20/2009 7:30 PM
I can just see you smiling. Those projects look great. Betty's dog costume for our VBS is done except for the hread. I wonder how impressive a headless dog would be.
I love VBS just as you do.
Keep up the good work.
Lives will be blessed.
By
Dr.John, at
7/20/2009 7:46 PM
Post a comment
<< Home