.

My mood is
My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Before I Kick The Bucket ... List.... meme.

Stolen from Thom - once again -- as recently as yesterday - this bucket list meme started as Crazy 8's or some such thing! (probly started as some such thing and got shortened to a Crazy 8!) At any rate... here are MY answers for this particular set of Bucketish questions!

1. Do you have a bucket list?(if you have it posted feel free to post your URL) If you don’t have one, then quick jot down 5 quick things on a piece of paper that you know you’d want on your list…or imagine some of the things you know you’d put on a Bucket list to be.

I do NOT have a bucket list. I just have some ideas rollin' around in my head of things I'd like to do... but almost everything I want to do revolves around travel - and whether I ever get to do it or not, I will still be happy. I would LOVE to just drop everything and go travel - maybe picking up an odd job here and there to support my next travel. But I'd like to stay each place for at least one month - possible 3 months - to get to KNOW the place a bit... and then move on.

2. Do you think you have fulfilled anything on your bucket list or bucket list to be?

A few things! I've never been out of the U.S. -- and I haven't even seen all I'd LIKE to see of the U.S.! But I finally got to Texas a few years ago... and I got to Wisconsin to meet Dr. John, Betty, and their family! There are other bloggers that I would really like to meet - and see - that involves travel too!

3. what are the top 3 things you’d like to do before you leave this world?

TOP 3... alright. I would like to be instrumental in helping just ONE person to come to know and love Jesus Christ the way I do. (more than one would be an AWESOME bonus! But I would be happy with one!) And understanding that I personally can probably NOT be instrumental in bringing my own family to know Him, I would like to SEE them come to know Him! (that's 2... right?) And 3rd, I would like to be able to help someone else out in a major financial way. I really WOULD love to be a philanthropist! To be able to set up a fund to send poor kids to college, or to be able to build a home for someone who would otherwise NEVER have their own... or to give cars to single mom's who struggle so hard to make ends meet, and depend on public transportation to get everywhere! I'm sO jealous when I read about Oprah giving away cars ... or Bill Gates paying college tuitions... I would so LOVE to be able to DO that! (without media coverage!)

4. If it would take a lot of money to fulfill one of your wishes on your bucket list, would you try to find the money or just skip that one?

It would take lots of money to do ANY of the things on my bucket list! That's the only reason I don't do them! I travel a LITTLE when I can. I give a LITTLE every month. But I wish I had a lot MORE to give! And more to travel with too!

I don't actively go seeking money -- I'm not going door to door begging! And I'm not in a position to work right now! When extra money comes my way, I generally do use it for either a little travel -- or I make donations to various causes. Sometimes I send a little extra to my Lesli's family. But her parents don't write to me... (they aren't supposed to) She writes me with the help of her big sister, but only 3 0r 4 times a year... but I never know if they actually GET the extra money that I send! That's hard! That's blind faith. I send extra -- but does Compassion give it to my sponsored child's family? Or do they put it in to funding UNsponsored children? I guess my faith tells me that where ever it goes, God is making sure it gets to the BEST place!

5. fill in the blank -Life is just what you think it is! It's true. If you're a negative person who always thinks the worst is going to happen, then whatever happens, it will SEEM like the worst to you - because you're a negative person! But if you are a positive person, who always thinks life is going to be OKAY or even better - then that is how it will be for you. Good and bad things happen to everyone in life - and they will whether we believe in God or we don't! But if you are a positive person, you will know that the worst things that happen are only temporary and you will get through them. And if you believe in God, He will certainly help you get through them!

6. fill in the blank – The glass isn’t half empty it’s ALL empty! I drank it!

7. If you had a chance to be with your MOST favorite entertainer in the whole world before you leave this world, who would that be and how much time would you want to spend with them?

I don't have a favorite entertainer. Nor do I have any interest in hanging with a celebrity. However... If Ghandi, or Mother Theresa were alive... I might could spend a few hours days months learning from them! (okay YEARS!)

8. If you were given the chance to go anywhere in the world before the end comes…where would you go and what would you want to see?

I don't know... if I only get to choose ONE place... I guess Greece! I've been wanting to go to Greece for as long as I can remember... of course, now Gattina has introduced me to Morocco... and Jientje has introduced me to Provence... HOW is a person supposed to choose ONE place in all the world that would be BETTER than any other place in the world! Just send me somewhere! Somewhere beautiful!

12 comment(s):

You are such a good person and you have such a kind heart. I hope some of your wishes about traveling come true someday, and if you ever want to come to Belgium, you're very welcome here! I understand, because I made that wish sometime ago, and look where I am now? Counting the days, I am... Wishes CAN come true!

By Blogger Jientje, at 7/07/2009 3:24 AM  

Your list was very interesting to read, Melli. You are a generous soul and I hope those donations are reaching the ones in need.
Hope you are able to do all that traveling!!

By Blogger MaR, at 7/07/2009 4:23 AM  

Great answers Melli, I hope all your list comes true. You may have already succeeded with #3 and don't even know it, with someone who reads what you write and may already know Christ.

I may even do this, we must thank our Thom for finding this Meme.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/07/2009 5:28 AM  

I hope you get to do all of your travelling so you can spread your happy outlook around.

By Blogger Nessa, at 7/07/2009 6:46 AM  

I love your list. It's similar to mine. I too love to travel and I hope in time to do more. It's a wonderful thing to meet new people and see new things!

By Blogger Maribeth, at 7/07/2009 7:54 AM  

Since you're not on Facebook, I wanted to come tell you that my sweet 11 year old Rachel was baptized last night...my daughter is now a new Christian and my sister in the Lord! Isn't that precious??

By Blogger Jennifer, at 7/07/2009 10:12 AM  

Great list Melli. You are indeed a generous person and I'm happy that I know you. I like your answer to #6 the best LOL...so you

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/07/2009 1:07 PM  

I loved the Bucket List movie!
Let's face it - if we all had huge amounts of money we wouldn't need a bucket list of things we'd like to do before we die. We'd just go do them!
That's not to say I don't have a wish list. Like you most of them are travel related - Rome, Paris, Jerusalem, Egypt, Alaska, California. Will any of those wishes come true? Hmmmm...will I win the lottery? Ha!

By Blogger Carletta, at 7/07/2009 3:44 PM  

Great list! I don't have a bucket list per se -- I can only think of a couple of things I'd like to accomplish other than just living, seeing my family grow, seeing grandkids some day, and hopefully not have too many bumps in the road. Other than that I'd like to write a book some day.

By Anonymous Barbara H., at 7/07/2009 4:17 PM  

A great list indeed.Your kind and giving spirit shows through.

By Blogger Dr.John, at 7/07/2009 5:38 PM  

My list is so like your list. I can only make short trips now. I think God wants us to give as we are able.

By Blogger bettygram, at 7/07/2009 10:39 PM  

I don't like lists in any case ! I just do what comes through my mind. I just have one exception I have a list for what I have to put in my suitcase, lol !
Last year I was in Greece and was sooooooo disappointed. You just see stones and rocks and they tell you that Zeus was there or somebody else. People very unfriendly and the landscapes not that terrible. Just look on my travel blog !

I think there is no better place in the world then the place where you feel happy. That's the best place.

Yesterday evening I watched Michael Jackson's memorial on TV life it was transmitted into the whole world. Very touching.

By Blogger Ingrid, at 7/08/2009 3:35 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home